Photo

Screenshot of the Week 627

Shane Eggman666 Anthus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 627 (53 member(s) have cast votes)

Cast your vote!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 10 September 2017 - 09:57 PM

Eggman666
Eggman666.gif

Anthus
Anthus.png
*Brushes off dust* "These cold floating gardens can still harbor growth even in high altitudes."
-Adventure Guide, p. 627.

Shane
Shane.png
[Earth Temple intensifies]

• Anthus, Joelmacool and Dark Ice Dragon like this

#2 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:47 PM

Three stupidly good screens

• ShadowTiger, Anthus and Shane like this

#3 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Banned

Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:14 AM

Now this is some solid competition. Every screen uses a different tileset, and I think there's a good mix of entries.

Eggman's entry really captures the deep woodsy feel, and it really is intriguing. I almost think it would be better off without the transparent layers though, as those can make the colors they cover look odd. This is something I dealt with a lot when making the area my screen was from.

Shane's entry is a love letter to my sensibilities in area design. In other words, I'm a sucker for lava areas, and this one is top notch. I personally always thought the AlttP lava looked like cheese, but in this case, bring on the cheese! The way the cliffs are used also gives me Minish Cap vibes, which is fine by me.

My screen is the only one without a subscreen, or character. :P I was messing around with making palettes, and this was one inspired by a level in Sonic Mania. I'm pretty happy with it, but I'm sure it can be improved.

• Shane and Jared like this

#4 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:39 AM

Really liking Shane's mix of styles here, looks like Skyward Sword (I really liked that game)

• Shane likes this

#5 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:11 AM

Eggman666 - Looking pretty good once again. The perspective kinda looked really off at first for me, but after looking again it all definitely makes sense now. Definitely like all the details and attention to design, I assume this dungeon is gonna turn out great.

Anthus - This is a really bizarre shot. The colours look really weird, and I guess that's why it looks quite cool. The overall design looks nice and I really like the mist.

Also:

I was messing around with making palettes, and this was one inspired by a level in Sonic Mania.

Spoiler

Shane - Oh damn, I instantly thought of Skyward Sword when I saw this. I really like the Earth Temple entrance, it looks great. Also I never really noticed this, but are those Fire Zoras? As a suggestion, maybe you could turn them into Magma Spumes found in the game? Would probably fit the area better, unless they are meant to be Spumes and I'm just blind, then ignore me lol.

I voted Shane this week, but good turnout.

• Shane likes this

#6 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Banned

Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:23 PM

@Eddy, yeah that's the level I was inspired by. :)
  • Eddy likes this

#7 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:52 PM

Eggman666, you've got an incredibly-constructed shot there and I voted for you. I just have two thoughts:

First, in terms of SotW, almost every shot I've seen from you is practically the same shot, in terms of palettes/style/graphics/scene conveyed. You kicked it up a notch this time around which is very impressive though.

Second, I suggest you submit slightly brighter shots at least to SotW. I could play in an area like that, but trying to look at it on the forum is a major headache. This goes for all the shots I've seen from you from this forest dungeon place you've been working on. Even if all this takes is just adjusting the palette for when you take the screenshot.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do when working on a different environment. :thumbsup:

• nicklegends, Avaro and Naru like this

#8 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:14 AM

Voted for Anthus. It's simply a good and interesting screen.

Eggman666 - same issues like before, especially lacks color variations, nontheless stunning.

Shane - some really nice ideas!

• Anthus likes this

#9 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 17 September 2017 - 09:00 PM

With 63.27% of the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Week 627 is Shane!

Shane.png
[Earth Temple intensifies]

Congrats!!

Voting totals:
- Eggman666 - 9 votes [18.37%]
- Anthus - 9 votes [18.37%]
- Shane - 31 votes [63.27%]

• Anthus likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shane, Eggman666, Anthus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users