• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#16 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 04 January 2017 - 01:42 AM

Where is Yuurei crashing?

Did you check Yuurei and H.Pig in 2.50.3? ( I have no idea what quest 'H.pig' is.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beta 49 for Windows is on the server now.

New Things

Game->DMapPalette[int dmap]

You may use this to read, or set the ​Level Palette ​of any DMap in a quest. it should be especially useful in conjunction with DrawScreen() . or with effects such as day/night cycles, or snow, rain, and so forth.

DMap Property Setters

void SetDMapName(int dmap_id, int buffer[]);

ZASM Instruction:
     SETDMAPNAME
/**
* Loads string 'buffer[]' to the DMap Name field for DMap with ID 'dmap_id'.
* See std_constsnts.zh for appropriate buffer size.
*/ Example Use: !#!
/************************************************************************************************************/
void SetDMapTitle(int DMap, int buffer[]);

ZASM Instruction:
     SETDMAPTITLE
/**
* Loads string 'buffer[]' to the DMap Title field for DMap with ID 'dmap_id'.
/************************************************************************************************************/
void SetDMapIntro(int DMap, int buffer[]);

ZASM Instruction:
     SETDMAPINTRO
/**
* Loads string 'buffer[]' to the DMap Intro field for DMap with ID 'dmap_id'.

Effectively, Game->SetMessage() is the reverse of Game->GetMessage(), and places a ZScript string[] into a ZQuest message string (in the ZQ string table).

This may not respect SCCs, or it might; and this requires testing. You may need to encode SCCs as individual indices, using their ASCII codes.

Likewise, SetDMapName() , SetDMapTitle() , and SetDMapIntro() allow using a ZScript string[] to change the name, title, or intro of a DMap that you set in ZQuest.

Moosh had essentially requested these at one point, and although I was worried that there may be safety, and difficulty concerns with adding them, I believe I've done so in a safe and effective manner.

Note that these changes are not saved, and will revert on reloading the quest. Use OnExit, OnContinue, and Init to handle them if you need them to persist between sessions.

See the included 'Test49.qst' for a light demonstration of these new instructions. Press L/R to shift Level palette down, or up, respectively. Ex1, and Ex2,  changes string ID 1, and the Title for DMap 0 respectively, and Ex3 displays String 1 without changing it. (Try pressing Ex3 first, before using Ex1.)

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 04 January 2017 - 02:15 AM.

#17 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 04 January 2017 - 03:01 AM

Yuurei crush in the room south of the teleport of the first area, just 3 screens from the start of the game.

The Fall uh de  Honky Pig is a quest made for 1.90, i test it just for see if it work in the beta, is this :

http://www.purezc.ne...age=quests&id=2

Edited by Dark Ice Dragon, 04 January 2017 - 03:03 AM.

#18 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:27 AM

Yuurei crush in the room south of the teleport of the first area, just 3 screens from the start of the game.

The Fall uh de  Honky Pig is a quest made for 1.90, i test it just for see if it work in the beta, is this :

http://www.purezc.ne...age=quests&id=2

Ah.

I tested it with 2.50.3, and it instantly crashes that, too; so we'll need to look into it.

#19 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:00 PM

something strange happend in the 7° dungeon of Pomised Land, i was killed when i try to reflect the beam of a wizrobe using the reflect boomeang ( a scripted weapon, i think ), and when i select "continue" for try again the boomerang had a very short range, like the sword !

the problem persist untill i save, quit Zquest, open and load again, then it return normal. 

I will try to cause it again for undestand what happend.

#20 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:04 PM

something strange happend in the 7° dungeon of Pomised Land, i was killed when i try to reflect the beam of a wizrobe using the reflect boomeang ( a scripted weapon, i think ), and when i select "continue" for try again the boomerang had a very short range, like the sword !
the problem persist untill i save, quit Zquest, open and load again, then it return normal. 
I will try to cause it again for undestand what happend.

Oh, I was afraid that might happen: It's the result of adding a range modifier to the boomerang (weapons class) to set by script. I'll look into fixing that.

Yuuri turned out to be a quest script bug, and Aevin fixed it.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 08 January 2017 - 12:04 PM.

#21 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:49 PM

Try this patch.

#22 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:44 AM

i test the new patch and  :

1 - i try to reflect again magic whit the boomeang untill i was killed, as the last time, but this time the boomerang don't change range, you already resolved the problem in the new patch or is a case that the bug don't appear ? 

2 - i completed Promised Lands ! so i can say that you may play all the game from stat to end, regardless the issue whit the boomerang !

3 - Yuurei don't crash anymore in that room , but just for be sure i will test all the game whit a random character.

After Yuurei, i will test at least 2 quest for 2.10

Edited by Dark Ice Dragon, 09 January 2017 - 09:57 AM.

#23 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:53 PM

i test the new patch and  :

1 - i try to reflect again magic whit the boomeang untill i was killed, as the last time, but this time the boomerang don't change range, you already resolved the problem in the new patch or is a case that the bug don't appear ? 

2 - i completed Promised Lands ! so i can say that you may play all the game from stat to end, regardless the issue whit the boomerang !

3 - Yuurei don't crash anymore in that room , but just for be sure i will test all the game whit a random character.

After Yuurei, i will test at least 2 quest for 2.10

The boomerang should be fixed. That was what I did in that patch.

The issue was the order in which I set l->Range values to wpn.misc1... I also expanded it to cover the hookshot and the arrows, but the hookshot I will likely revert, as the interaction with modifying the hookshot by script using l->Range is problematic at best, and WDS_BOUNCE may need to suffice.

If hookshot weapons could be creatged by script, that would be another matter, but as they cannot, I feel it would be best to disable anything that might cause bugs with them.

Re-download that same archive if you want to update the binaries. I also fixed the class association for itemdata->Flags[], ->Sprites[], and Attributes[], that I somehow assigned to the ffc class in advertantly. You may already have the version with those fixes--I'm not sure when you downloaded it, but either way, you can try grabbing the same files again to be certain.

#24 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:53 AM

all is working well, so i guess i have already the correct patch.

I made a play to Yuurei and :

1 - a vile bug : if i use the light magic, the arrow hurt me too ! but the strangest thing is that if i shot to the north i don't get any hit, if i shot in any other direction i lose half "heart", the bug persist for all the game, even when i get 20 coins and gain the light protection and even after i get the protection to the damage zones ( spikes,lava...)

2 - i visit all the rooms, collect all the power ups and coins, killed the last boss, i don't run in any other bugs

Edited by Dark Ice Dragon, 10 January 2017 - 10:54 AM.

#25 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 10 January 2017 - 01:42 PM

1 - a vile bug : if i use the light magic, the arrow hurt me too ! but the strangest thing is that if i shot to the north i don't get any hit, if i shot in any other direction i lose half "heart", the bug persist for all the game, even when i get 20 coins and gain the light protection and even after i get the protection to the damage zones ( spikes,lava...)

I think I know why this happens. Light magic is a reflected magic EWeapon, a weapon type that damages Link. I believe they're simply spawned at a location where they'll never hit Link. Something in 2.54 must have changed that behavior.

#26 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 10 January 2017 - 01:51 PM

I think I know why this happens. Light magic is a reflected magic EWeapon, a weapon type that damages Link. I believe they're simply spawned at a location where they'll never hit Link. Something in 2.54 must have changed that behavior.

hmm... I didn't change anything related to RefMagic; only Arrows, boomerang, and hookshot weapons. It's possible that this is another script bug that is also valid in 2.50.3. I'll set up a test package for that later tonight, or tomorrow.

all is working well, so i guess i have already the correct patch.

I made a play to Yuurei and :

2 - i visit all the rooms, collect all the power ups and coins, killed the last boss, i don't run in any other bugs

Please try Aevin's updated quest in this 2.50.3 build and let me know if it has the same issue.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 10 January 2017 - 02:02 PM.

#27 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:05 PM

hmm... I didn't change anything related to RefMagic; only Arrows, boomerang, and hookshot weapons. It's possible that this is another script bug that is also valid in 2.50.3. I'll set up a test package for that later tonight, or tomorrow.

Please try Aevin's updated quest in this 2.50.3 build and let me know if it has the same issue.

good, i don't get hurt by the light Arrow in 2.50.3 !

Let me know when you fix the trouble in 2.54, i will test again the game

#28 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:59 AM

good, i don't get hurt by the light Arrow in 2.50.3 !

Let me know when you fix the trouble in 2.54, i will test again the game

Oh, it's an arrow, not reflected magic?

#29 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:12 PM

I'd be most interested in helping out with the testing. I also use a Mac (currently using macOS Sierra 10.12.2), and I could help with testing ZQuest and ZScript, as well as playing some quests to find possible bugs with ZC. :)

#30 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:29 PM

Oh, it's an arrow, not reflected magic?

I think it's just called light arrow ingame. If Russ says its reflected magic that should be the case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users