Photo

Screenshot of the Week 580

Alestance Anthus Polaris GrantGreif

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 580 (53 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 09 October 2016 - 08:58 PM

Alestance

Alestance.png

Side Scrolling Sections that AREN'T passageways? In MY Zelda 1? It's more likely than you think! Free Thunderbird with every scan, order in the next 5 minutes and you'll get half off the purchase price!

Anthus

Anthus.png

"It's a good thing this red fabric reflects these red rays... Or something.

Polaris

Polaris.png

A peaceful forest leading to the highlands...

GrantGreif

GrantGreif.png

Waterfall Cavern or some sh*t idk

• Joelmacool likes this

#2 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 09 October 2016 - 09:07 PM

Had to vote for Anthus this time. Love the unearthly level design.

• Anthus likes this

#3 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 09 October 2016 - 11:54 PM

Alestance's: i fucking love this one. gorgeous colors, gorgeous atmosphere, cool-ass tileset, kind of square but i ain't complaining

Anthus's: really really cool design and tileset, unfortunately headache-inducing palette

Polaris's: really good design and just pleasant to look at.  i liked it but it didn't grab my big dumb heart like alestance's did sorry ;;

GrantGreif's: it's kirby's adventure, and i commend you on that because kirby's adventure is excellent

really good week everyone, vote went to alestance

• MarinaraSauce likes this

#4 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 10 October 2016 - 01:32 AM

a good week.  I went with Alestance.

#5 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 10 October 2016 - 02:33 AM

Anthus: You got some really nice dungeon graphics used here. My biggest issue is that the sprites (and link) don't at all fit in with that art style.
  • Anthus likes this

#6 CyberGamer1539

CyberGamer1539

Lord of Cyberspace

• Members

Posted 10 October 2016 - 08:27 AM

Alestance: Really great sideview screen, also I love that Link sprite!

Anthus: This is a really great screen, getting a huge Metroid vibe from this. Keep up the good work!

Polaris: Wow, this screen is incredible! I love the DoR tileset, and I really wish I could actually build using it. Nice job!

GrantGreif: Kirby!!! I feel like like this really looks like an official Kirby game, you've really captured that authentic Kirby style.

All of these were tough to choose from, but this time, I voted for Alestance! Nice job everyone!

#7 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 10 October 2016 - 10:43 AM

Alestance - That sideview screen is really cool, I love the detail you have here and how you modified BS. Very nice stuff here.

Anthus - Very unique shot. I really like the way the walls look (I'm assuming they're kinda hanging over the place). Though I do agree with the classic sprites looking out of place with a more detailed environment, and I feel like the lava tiles look quite weird to me (they seem to look more like orange rocks to me than lava lol).

Polaris - Beautiful DoR shot here. Everything looks really well made and I got no criticisms at all for this screen. Good job.

GrantGreif - Nice Kirby shot. I never really played a Kirby game before, but this looks really cool. The waterfall looks a bit weird with the background though, since it looks like the waterfall is coming out of nowhere.

Very difficult week, but I'm going for Alestance this time.

• Anthus likes this

#8 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Banned

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:22 AM

Bah, I should have taken the extra time to make a gif, then you'd see MY TRUE POWER :blah:

Good turn out this week though. Lots of nice shots. I probably would have voted for Shane, that palette, and those shadows are really good.

The side scrolling entries are pretty unique too, and we don't see a ton of those. I'm really digging the background in Alestance's shot, and there's a good mood and colors here. And good job on the Link sprite too. It actually looks like it's from the side.

And we have a Kirby shot? I'd love to see some one finish a full fledged Kirby game.

#9 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 10 October 2016 - 01:06 PM

I haven't liked many of these recent side-view shots, but I voted for Alestance because this one works, the background stays in the background and doesn't fight the foreground for the viewer's attention.

• Anthus likes this

#10 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 10 October 2016 - 01:52 PM

And we have a Kirby shot? I'd love to see some one finish a full fledged Kirby game.

I've been wanting to for years now, pretty much since I discovered the tileset. I might some day, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

GrantGreif - Nice Kirby shot. I never really played a Kirby game before, but this looks really cool. The waterfall looks a bit weird with the background though, since it looks like the waterfall is coming out of nowhere.

There were a lot of places in the original game like that, much like Mario 2's waterfalls, so that's what I was going for.

• Anthus and Eddy like this

#11 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 10 October 2016 - 02:26 PM

There were a lot of places in the original game like that, much like Mario 2's waterfalls, so that's what I was going for.

Ah fair enough then, it still bothers me a bit but that's fine then :P

#12 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 10 October 2016 - 08:02 PM

Alestance wins my vote, but these are all super good. 

• Anthus likes this

#13 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 October 2016 - 12:30 PM

I voted for Alestance again, too.

#14 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 17 October 2016 - 01:24 AM

With 66.67% of the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Week 580 is Alestance!

Alestance.png

Congratulations!

Voting totals:

- Alestance (32 votes [66.67%])

- Anthus (11 votes [22.92%])
- Polaris (5 votes [10.42%])
- GrantGreif (0 votes [0.00%])

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Alestance, Anthus, Polaris, GrantGreif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users