Capturing screenshot while using Lens of Truth yields completely black

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 28 June 2016 - 07:55 AM

Is there a way to fix this? ZC 2.5.2. Had to use Print Screen to make proper screenshot.

Edited by Alucard648, 28 June 2016 - 08:00 AM.

#2 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 11 July 2016 - 07:29 AM

Yes there is, press Print Screen. How are you normally taking screen shots?

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 11 July 2016 - 07:29 AM.

#3 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 11 July 2016 - 07:31 AM

I'd imagine he's using F12. That's the only way I've ever done it - I didn't know Print Screen worked.

#4 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 11 July 2016 - 08:00 PM

If you are in fullscreen, I'm pretty sure print screen also makes a black image. Taking screenshots with the lens on is kind of weird.

#5 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 04 August 2016 - 05:40 AM

I'm pretty sure that this is intentional, to prevent cheating the magic cost of the lens, using screenshots.

I added it to the reports nevertheless:

http://armageddongam...1844#post911844

I'd imagine he's using F12. That's the only way I've ever done it - I didn't know Print Screen worked.

Pressing the 'Print Screen' key, on modern OSes, captures the desktop as a bitmap to the clipboard. In the bad old days, it sent the text on your terminal to the daisywheel. :)

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 04 August 2016 - 05:41 AM.

• Lüt likes this

#6 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:08 AM

Pressing the 'Print Screen' key, on modern OSes, captures the desktop as a bitmap to the clipboard. In the bad old days, it sent the text on your terminal to the daisywheel. :)

Heh. I suppose I should be so lucky my memories of playing Frogger on a 12" green monochrome monitor at dad's work, and of my friend's dad's 8086 which he picked up for over $3,000 and sold at a garage sale for $60, are incredibly vague and distant.

Never dealt with a daisywheel, but spent some time with pen plotters.

Which suddenly reminds of running a DOS defrag on a 1.44" disk during CAD class in high school - some guy came by, looked at the blocks moving around on the screen, and asked, "...are you winning?"  :glare:

#7 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:51 AM

Heh. I suppose I should be so lucky my memories of playing Frogger on a 12" green monochrome monitor at dad's work, and of my friend's dad's 8086 which he picked up for over $3,000 and sold at a garage sale for $60, are incredibly vague and distant.

Never dealt with a daisywheel, but spent some time with pen plotters.

Used to use plotters every day, for schematic output. Ours was a huge, table-sized monster, with four pens that we had to change every time we sneezed. (It put out A1 sized prints.)

I still have some of those, and some others that we processed on one of those film transfer colour thermal printers, of the actual IC dies.

Which suddenly reminds of running a DOS defrag on a 1.44" disk during CAD class in high school - some guy came by, looked at the blocks moving around on the screen, and asked, "...are you winning?"  :glare:

(emphasis, mine)

That is absolutely priceless.
  • Lüt likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users