Photo

Screenshot of the Week 543

Anthus Shane Joelmacool Russ

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 543 (59 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 18 January 2016 - 12:04 AM

Shane

Shane.gif

what if

Anthus

Anthus.png

"Link is wondering how he will enter the mines. The Hookshot is not the tool for the job."

Joelmacool

Joelmacool.png

In the desolate land of Hyrule, nature takes control...

Russ

Russ.png

Just a pleasant swim through a magical tower full of floating water, moving floating water, and electrified floating water. Pleasant.

• Joelmacool likes this

#2 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Banned

Posted 18 January 2016 - 12:31 AM

Stiff competition this week. Good shots, everyone. :)

Shane has a really neat shot there. It is very simple, but effective. My vote would have gone here had I not entered. I really like the uniqueness of this, and though I haven't played it, it makes me kind of think of Undertale.

Joelmacool's is a good GB shot. Nice palette, and good layout, and really nicely detailed. Not a bad shot at all. I really like the splashes of violet in there with those flowers. Really makes the contrast pop out.

Russ is showing off some really cool ideas here. Totally reminds me of some of the levels in Mario Galaxy 2/ SM3DW. I'm guessing the water cycles through being electrified, and not being electrified?

• Shane likes this

#3 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 18 January 2016 - 10:13 AM

Shane - That's one hell of a unique screen. I love how everything animates and now that Anthus mentioned it, it actually does look a bit like Undertale for some reason lol

Anthus - Awesome work with Mt Crenel here. I really like what's going on, though I noticed the tiles near the top of the cave don't go too well with each other, specifically this part. Link and the Hookshot also look a bit out of place with everything else, but I assume this is more of a WIP thing or something. Good job anyway.

Joelmacool - Once again, you manage to make an amazing looking screen. Got no complaints with this one, it's fantastic.

Russ - Looks pretty interesting and I assume this is gonna be a cool gimmick to something. The screen design itself isn't that grand though and the perspective looks really weird here. I'm probably just not seeing this in the way it's supposed to be seen. Looks cool nonetheless.

I voted for Joel this week with Anthus in second.

• Anthus, Shane and Joelmacool like this

#4 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:12 AM

Just want to say, Joelmacool, you have improved SO MUCH in screen design. I mean that screen, very few people on this site can make that good a screen. It is well balanced and controlled in so many ways. I mean it is not perfect, but it is freaking good. It reminds me of screens Shane makes and that is a good thing. Just very impressed. Yeah, just seriously very impressed.

-Strike
  • Shane, Jared and Joelmacool like this

#5 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 18 January 2016 - 12:22 PM

Shane: This is 2016, you can't be serious. If I wanted ancient-looking graphics like these, I would of played the Atari or something.

Anthus: Great rips! Feels so much like Minish Cap as Eddy pointed out. Even without enemies and proper context, this area has a dangerous atmosphere to it. The green, despite how little amount there is, brings the shot together very nicely. It also has a natural flow.

Joelmacool: You showed me this on Skype and I'm glad to have addressed by previous criticisms. The screen presented is much better and I love the variety that's featured. I will admit it is a bit cluttered for my tastes but nonetheless my vote would of gone here for its natural design and flow.

Russ: Looks interesting and evil that's for sure. I can see what's happening due to its pleasing simplicity and I think it looks fun and challenging! I would love to play it and see if I can overcome it. Though in a contest with tough competition this isn't my pick unfortunately.

Great entries! I can see how my shot feels like Undertale but I was making a reference to an old project of mine that existed around 2014. But maybe Undertale did subconsciously influence the graphics, we will never know now. :(

• Anthus, Eddy and Joelmacool like this

#6 Rastael

Rastael

Wizard

• Members

Posted 18 January 2016 - 01:43 PM

I love The Minish Cap and I love Anthus Screenshot. :D

*vote*

2nd Place is Joelmcool. :)

#7 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

Yes I'm that guy who dreamt Dani was Zelda. LOL Cimfam/zelda

• Members

Posted 21 January 2016 - 12:24 PM

Russ's image is something I can't recall I've seen before. Great concept. I have to go with that one as my vote. It's groundbreaking I think.

Edited by MermaidCim, 21 January 2016 - 12:25 PM.

#8 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 23 January 2016 - 10:56 AM

Voted for Anthus. 

Also, Russ! You took my idea! urgh!! lol Also, by reading that description, you've clearly one upped me too. lol

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 23 January 2016 - 11:00 AM.

• Anthus likes this

#9 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 24 January 2016 - 11:45 PM

With 43.14% of the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Week 543 is Anthus!

Anthus.png

Congratulations!

Voting totals:

- Shane (8 votes [15.69%])

- Anthus (22 votes [43.14%])
- Joelmacool (17 votes [33.33%])
- Russ (4 votes [7.84%])

• Anthus likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Anthus, Shane, Joelmacool, Russ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users