FF Update #3

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Flying Fish

Flying Fish

King of the Fish

• Members

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:55 AM

This is the Latest News from Freaky Fish Productions (do not mind this inside joke).

With the large over world creation is coming to an end and all of the re-coloration of tiles extracted from other games is also reaching an end point for now. I am still finishing up the desert and been delayed working on other projects. Speaking of other projects I have been working on a system to keep the game interesting and to balance the player and enemies so one side does not get to over powered and ruin the fun of the game. Since the game has an open door policy and the player has free reign of the game and is capable of doing and completing the dungeons as they choose fit. This system will help make that experience more plausible and give the game some replay value since the dungeon will have a different feel depending on how you do them.. The system is in its rough draft and will need a few more items before i can progress with it any farther than it is at now. The next big project after the desert is complete will be to start the construction of the major city of Valanaar and create the cut-scenes for the city so the player can start the adventure.
With SCKnuckles playing through ToC it has became another project to work on, one fixing all the bugs and types we missed and even having to redesign a puzzle because it was causing to much of an problem to fix. I am looking to have a update for that game upon his completion of the LP of ToC.

That is the latest news from the Freaky Fish Productions

V/r
Flying Fish
  • Soma C. and Mr.Butters like this

#2 Soma C.

Soma C.

Mr. Coreaix

• Members

Posted 15 November 2015 - 06:24 PM

I think Link Between Worlds did something like that too with the open ended gameplay, doing any dungeons in any order, and to an extent Link to the Past.  Should still be a cool idea, if done right!  :D

#3 Flying Fish

Flying Fish

King of the Fish

• Members

Posted 15 November 2015 - 08:44 PM

yeah that is why this one is taking a lot longer to develop than Tower did.  I have to also use more scripts to make the game plan somewhat challenging and unique you are going to have more freedom than link between worlds had the only lead you are going to get is to head in the city and pick up your starting gear and then the rest is yours to do as you will or feel like it. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users