Photo

Screenshot of the Week 523

Jared Joelmacool12 Twilight-Prince

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 523 (65 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 30 August 2015 - 09:07 PM

Joelmacool12

Joelmacool12.png

They say that this castle holds a sacred gem.

Twilight-Prince

Twilight-Prince.png

"...So this is...her realm?" Sona wondered, seeing the tainted land around her, reminding her of the corner of her world in which the Evil Seed had taken firm roots already. But unlike that area, this was far beyond salvaging...and she knew very well that the Defiler herself knew of her presence. She was in her world now...

Jared

Jared.png

I need a way to remove these rocks...

• Joelmacool and Deedee like this

#2 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 30 August 2015 - 09:09 PM

Joelmacool12. Instrumentality will always have a special place in my heart.

Edited by Dimentio, 30 August 2015 - 09:10 PM.

• Jared likes this

#3 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 30 August 2015 - 09:10 PM

I voted for Jared. Those slimes! They look so funny...and evil! 

• Jared and Deedee like this

#4 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 30 August 2015 - 09:14 PM

Jared gets my vote this week. Love the palette, and the layout of the screen is nice.

#5 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 30 August 2015 - 09:53 PM

A shot with an off-kilter color scheme? Color me interested. T-P wins my vote.

• Twilight-Prince and Dark Ice Dragon like this

#6 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 30 August 2015 - 10:24 PM

I voted Jared. It's easily my favorite.

#7 ZeldaPlayer

ZeldaPlayer

What's up my playas

• Members

Posted 31 August 2015 - 12:09 AM

I really liked Twilight-Prince's shot. So I voted him this week.

Edited by ZeldaPlayer, 31 August 2015 - 12:09 AM.

• Twilight-Prince likes this

#8 Sparkster

Sparkster

The Sparking Spark of ZC

• Members

Posted 31 August 2015 - 01:16 AM

I voted Jared. It's easily my favorite.

Mine, too Shane.

#9 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 31 August 2015 - 05:45 AM

Joelmacool12 - Looks like a pretty standard desert dungeon shot. There isn't a whole lot to say about it though, other than the fact that it's pretty good.

Twilight-Prince - I like the screen design, it kind of reminds me of an alternate dark world. Though that is one hell of a palette, and honestly it doesn't really appeal to me. The random pink/purple just looks really odd and kinda hurts my eyes a bit.

Jared - Easily the winning shot for this week. I love the layout of this screen and I would love to play in something like this. I hope this tileset gets completed soon!

Overall, I voted for Jared this week. Good job to all.

#10 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 31 August 2015 - 09:58 AM

Argh. Curse all three of you for being talented screen designers!! This is the best kind of frustrating.

Joel's screen feels very rustic. The color scheme reminds me of an actual sandy underground temple. The old sprites attest to that. It definitely has that sort of feeling that lets you know you're getting things done in an area that was designed to have that feel. Good job.

Twilight-Prince's screen definitely feels alien. I wouldn't be certain if the word "evil" would apply, but that's the thing - I'm not sure. It could, but it it could also be so foreign from anything I've ever recognized before that it could go in any direction. Still really trippy though! :P It would be awesome to see it animated and in-context.

Jared's screen is the most "mundane" of the three, but all that is is a category. It's a beautiful, vibrant, flowing screen that attracts the eye and keeps your attention flowing around the screen. It has a phenomenal palette and excellent screen structure. I can't wait to play this quest.

So which one will I vote for? Bernie Sanders. He's the only choice besides Deez Nuts.
  • Nathaniel, Eddy, Twilight-Prince and 1 other like this

#11 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 31 August 2015 - 10:15 AM

I picked Jared. I feel his screen has the best design out of the three

#12 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 31 August 2015 - 10:40 AM

Joel - A decent desert dungeon or tomb screen, or something of that nature.  Simple, but not lacking in taste.

Twilight-Prince - The ground detail is probably the best this screen has going for it.   Interesting color theme, which likely says a lot about the setting.  All the 45 degree angle lines though, does make it feel a little less natural for what it intends to be.  It's still a very interesting and unique screen, so even though it doesn't get my vote, such are fine qualities to have in any screen.

Jared - My vote, and without a doubt the best designed screen of the three.  The color of the water is just the perfect shade of blue for the surrounding green, so even the littlest, most subtle details leave a lot to appreciate, which can easily be overlooked from a quick glance.  You really have the concept of elevation down to a science too.

#13 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 31 August 2015 - 04:00 PM

Twilight-Prince had my vote, I would like to explore that world

#14 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 01 September 2015 - 09:51 PM

My vote......went to Jared.  :tard: 
In all seriousness, I really like how this set looks so far. :) The other two shots look good as well, but Jared's just spoke to me more. (I've never been good at critique lol)

• Jared likes this

#15 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 01 September 2015 - 10:01 PM

Joelmacool12

Despite the cactus and statue details, this screen strikes me as rather bland.  It might be the overall vanilla color or lack of contrast.  Layout-wise, the screen is fine.

Twilight-Prince

Wow, those are pretty exotic colors for Zelda Classic—I like 'em!  Unfortunately, the screen lacks focus and the smattering of random details doesn't redeem it.

Jared

Nicely framed by trees and flaunting a bright, attractive palette, this shot is solid.  The scene may not have the most creative design out there, but it succeeds in its execution.

Voted Jared.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Jared, Joelmacool12, Twilight-Prince

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users