Hal's Great Cave Offensive

Photo

HGCO Update #4: Early Access? (Expo Demo and betas)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 13 August 2015 - 06:14 PM

0NRRkkN.png
Outdated - This boss has been updated

Greetings folks, as with the announcement of the Zelda Classic Expo: Fall 2015, I have plans to submit a short demo to the expo to showcase the first area of the quest, Agnis Jungle, and a few parts of adjacent areas to receive feedback.

Without a further ado, here's what to expect in the demo:

• Agnis Jungle, as well as small parts of adjacent areas.
  • The first three weapons you get in the quest; Sword, Bow and Bombs.
  • Ammo expansions for the latter two weapons.
  • One treasure, which is randomized.
  • The first boss (Mangling Magnolia, which is pictured).
  • Overall 10-20 minutes of gameplay.
  • And more!

While there is plans for an expo demo, there is no guarantee about with how sporadic about how I work. However, I wish to make an effort in achieving this goal given that the quest is now in a reasonably playable state. By the way, for those crafty people who hack quests, content from later on in the quest that I have not unveiled yet is cut from the demo so don't try to hack to get spoilers. There is also going to be a very nasty surprise waiting for people who attempt to use cheats without my permission...

I have plans on opening up a two-week window for two people to beta-test this demo. In order to apply to become a beta-tester, you must PM me with your application which includes why you want to beta-test. Remember, beta-testing is NOT a glorified early-access program and it is imperative that you make every effort you can to break the quest given what a standard player is given. If you do an admirable job in reporting bugs, then I will consider you for testing the quest later on when the full product is ready.

--------

That said, in the wake of this expo announcement, I would like to make a couple of announcements that may disappoint you all. Please bear with me.

The full shutter system I mentioned in the first update is likely to not be in the demo, reason being is that it was causing me pain when I tried to mess with shutters and I haven't been bothered to fix that. In the mean time, I will be using Mero's Freeform Shutter script until I fix the issues I was having. This fix will be low-priority.
The same thing goes with the item drop system I have posted in the scripting forum. Again, this fix will be low-priority.

Edit: Pure broke my post, now fixed

Edited by Orithan, 13 August 2015 - 06:44 PM.

• Shane, Eddy, Jared and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users