Two Whistle Songs?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 04 August 2015 - 10:34 AM

What I'm looking for is a whistle item with two songs, one that only activates whistle triggers, and one that only summons warp whirlwinds (this is also the one that should be effective against Diggdogger).  I'd like the interface to be like the one in Link's Awakening.  If someone could make this, or if it's already been done, I'd like to see it.

#2 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 04 August 2015 - 11:13 AM

I think the simplest way to do this is to have two separate whistles (you can make them look like songs too, if you want):

- one actual whistle item to call the whirlwind

- a scripted item which plays the whistle sound and triggers custom secret combos

• ywkls likes this

#3 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 04 August 2015 - 11:14 AM

I'd kind of like to have this too... at least, the whistle warping part where you control where you go rather than the game's internal mechanics handling it.

A thread I created has a bit of discussion on this subject. No actual working code, unfortunately. I'm not quite proficient enough to make it myself (yet). Of course, I haven't really tried recently either.

If you want to look over what was said on this idea already further, start at the fourth post in the following thread.

My Script Wishlist and Your Script Ideas

Theoretically, the 'whistle that only triggers whistle secrets' shouldn't be too hard... 

Whistle Secret 1.0

I've tested this and it works okay. If you wanted to have to stand in a partcular spot to trigger the effect, that's a little more complicated. 

Edited by ywkls, 10 October 2015 - 11:36 PM.

#4 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:57 AM

Please disregard the code above. It has a hole in it you could fly a Star Destroyer through. Here's an adjusted version, that should be more streamlined.

Whistle Secret 2.0

Interestingly, I think that the whistle can do this on its own since you can turn off the whirlwind at the item editor level and then when you stand on combo's marked with flag 3 and use it, flags 16-31 are triggered.

However, this way, you could actually have more than one whistle trigger in the same room, up to 32. (Since you only have 32 ffcs.) This is because you can use any flag for the secret that is to be triggered, as long as screen secrets can't be triggered by something else.

Edited by ywkls, 10 October 2015 - 11:37 PM.

#5 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 05 August 2015 - 10:59 AM

Refined the code a bit to eliminate some errors and added a sound function since for some reason it wasn't playing a sound. Of course, that might be because I had made it a custom item class; but if you want to completely avoid accidentally triggering any whistle functionality; that's the only way. I may add this to the database as 'multiple whistle secrets' or combine it with my next combo script, which allows you to trigger specific combos via lweapons without having to use flags. (Example: multiple burnable barriers per screen.)

Whistle Secret 3.0

Edited by ywkls, 10 October 2015 - 11:38 PM.

#6 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 05 August 2015 - 01:18 PM

In case you're interested, here is the final version of this script and a breakdown of what it can do.

Any flag that wouldn't normally be activated by an item (thus triggering screen secrets) can be used as it's own secret flag.

Thus, the following flags become secret flags that can be used to change any group of combos to any other group of combos a certain distance away.

3- Whistle flag. Unless you have a regular whilstle in the game, you can't affect it.

8- Raft flag. Unless there is a dock in the room, you'll never interact with it.

12- Raft branch- again, can't be affected unless you step on a dock with the raft.

13- Dive->Item- unless this is a water-type combo, the game should ignore it's existence.

16-31- normal secret flags. Each can be used for a separate secret that can be triggered in various ways.

67- No push blocks. If you don't have any push blocks in the room, this won't affect you.

96- No enemies- doesn't affect Link.

97- No ground enemies- doesn't affect Link either.

98-102- Script type 1 through 5. Can only be affected by scripts.

103- Raft bounce. Again, can only affect you if you're on a raft.

Grand total of 23 different secrets that can be triggered on any screen.

Whistle Secret 4.0

I should note that in order to have a large group of combos with the secrets capable of being triggered from either side, you'll need an ffc on both sides. Also, you shouldn't have this ffc at trigger secrets at the edge of the screen unless screen secrets are triggered.

Edited by ywkls, 10 October 2015 - 11:38 PM.

• MarinaraSauce likes this

#7 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 08 August 2015 - 09:24 PM

A further refinement of this script was needed, since if you wanted to trigger screen secrets; you'd need to be able to set the item to trigger more than one flag.

Whistle Secret 5.0

I'm not sure if this needs further refinement since it is rather versatile as it is. I should note that if you change combos flagged with anything other than flags 16-31 and want it to be permanent, the argument perm should be set to a number between 1 and 8 even if you tell the script to trigger screen secrets.

Edited by ywkls, 10 October 2015 - 11:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users