Photo

Screenshot of the Week 516

symbiote01 Joelmacool12 bmc10011 BigJoe Demonlink

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 516 (56 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 July 2015 - 11:52 PM

Joelmacool12

Joelmacool12.png

Oh look the boss key! That took ages to find...

bmc10011

bmc10011.png

I wonder how long those skeletons have bean there? Mmmmm, I wonder when they are going to feed me?

BigJoe

BigJoe.png

I must be pretty high up!

symbiote01

symbiote01.png

The stark simplicity of a mirrored room.

Demonlink

Demonlink.png

<Insert cool village description here>

• Lightwulf and Joelmacool like this

#2 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 13 July 2015 - 12:00 AM

What time is it?

30-SLUS_006.64_20062007_041216_0259.jpg

I vote for BigJoe for that fantastic Instrumentality screen. Yeah there were some other pretty great screens this week, but the night sky background and use of Instrumentality and...*Hides huge pile of biases behind his back*

• bigjoe, The Satellite, Zeldaman23 and 2 others like this

#3 bigjoe

bigjoe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 13 July 2015 - 12:14 AM

I voted for joelmacool12 because and only because it has a boss key in it.

#4 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 13 July 2015 - 12:44 AM

I voted for symbiote01's screen. The other screens all look nice, but are rather basic. I don't think I've ever seen a full wall-sized mirror in a quest before, even if it's non-functioning or whatever, it's still a unique concept that I haven't seen attempted.

• nicklegends, symbiote01, Lightwulf and 2 others like this

#5 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 13 July 2015 - 03:40 AM

I voted Demonlink. The palette choice seems unfitting though.

Joelmacool12's came very close second, my only issue is that crystal. It feels very out of place, and I keep suggesting you change it to a torch pillar. That, and it feels like the same as your last submission.

BigJoe's also came very close second. I really love the surreal look to it. I think the trees should go though. 

bmc10011's came third, looks a little scattered and I can't really understand it too much.

symbiote01's I feel is just too blank and I don't see the appeal. The mirror is too high and it's creating one hell of perspective issue that I'm not understanding at all. The mirror is cool at least.

#6 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 13 July 2015 - 04:02 AM

Voted Big Joe ..

symbiote01

Does that mirror actually work? capturing link and enemies and weapon effects

in it all at once and how??..

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 13 July 2015 - 04:05 AM.

#7 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:48 AM

Probably gonna be the last SotW I'm voting in for a while :P

But anyways:

Joelmacool12 - Pretty neat screen, though it just seems a bit too similar to something you've made before. Doesn't mean that's bad though, I still like it a lot :P

bmc10011 - Looks like a cool prison and the design isn't actually too bad here. It sure does remind me of the GB Zeldas.

BigJoe - This is something I haven't really seen before. The use of colours is pretty bizarre, though for some reason they all seem to fit together? I don't really get it lol. Though I'll admit, the walls going into the sky like that don't look as great and just look a bit odd to me.

symbiote01 - That mirror effect is really cool. I love how you did that, however the screen itself isn't really anything too great. It's basically just a room with 2 blocks, 2 pots and a mirror, and that's it. And if I were to be honest, that's kinda bland for my tastes. The mirror effect is awesome nonetheless.

Demonlink - Awesome shot man. You never cease to amaze me with these screenshots XD <insert cool review of screen here> (this is a well designed screen, I love it).

All in all, it was close between Demonlink and Joelmacool12, but I'm voting for Demonlink.

#8 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:01 AM

What's up with the perspective in BigJoe's shot?  It kind of reminds me of that dash pepper level in Mario Galaxy 2.

#9 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:18 AM

After a day of reflection, I voted for symbiote01's shot this week because it tries something different. I love the idea of wall-size mirrors and I'm glad symbiote01 didn't try to cram them awkwardly into the standard wall height.

Could the screen be more varied? Yes. Should the shading on the reflected blocks be flipped vertically? Probably. But what's there is executed effectively. I also think symbiote01 nailed the tint on the mirror: that can be hard to pull off.
  • symbiote01 likes this

#10 symbiote01

symbiote01

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 13 July 2015 - 04:29 PM

Nulled of course.  Beautiful shots all around.

Joelmacool12:  I am in love with the rich colors of this tileset- it really sets it apart from the others.  This would have been my pic this week.

bmc10011:  In contrast, the colors here clash pretty hard- it reminds me of the Super Game Boy days.  I like the puzzle aspect of the screen, though.

BigJoe: Is this top-down or side-view?  The perspective shift foreground to background confuses me.  Another GB-inspired shot, but the colors don't jump up and assault the eyes, at least.

Demonlink: This one I loved.  It would have been my pic for the week except that the house-front blends into the mountain, literally.  Unless Link lives in a hobbit-hole, this strikes me as odd.

Also, SkyLizardGirl: Sorta, it does.  Here is the thread with the most current info.

• Demonlink and SkyLizardGirl like this

#11 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 14 July 2015 - 01:12 PM

except that the house-front blends into the mountain, literally.  Unless Link lives in a hobbit-hole, this strikes me as odd.

Those are meant to be hobbit-inspired houses that go into the mountains. 

• Lightwulf and Demonlink like this

#12 symbiote01

symbiote01

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:42 PM

Those are meant to be hobbit-inspired houses that go into the mountains. 

Well then, bravo!  Mischief managed!

• Lightwulf likes this

#13 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 16 July 2015 - 07:38 AM

I couldn't...

All of them were really good this week, in my opinions, so I nulled.

The only comment I have is for BigJoe's screen, where I have to say, the wall at the top looks wierd in conjunction with the trees. As symbiote said, the perspective is wierd. It's a great screen other than that, though.

• Lightwulf likes this

#14 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:41 PM

With 36.17% of the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Week 516 is symbiote01!

symbiote01.png

Congratulations!

Voting totals:

- Joelmacool12 (9 votes [19.15%])

- bmc10011 (0 votes [0.00%])
- BigJoe (10 votes [21.28%])
- symbiote01 (17 votes [36.17%])
- Demonlink (11 votes [23.40%])

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: symbiote01, Joelmacool12, bmc10011, BigJoe, Demonlink

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users