• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Flying Fish

Flying Fish

King of the Fish

• Members

Posted 30 May 2015 - 01:35 AM

Creator Notes:
With a whole bunch of graphic modification/creation and personal problem aside, both Boltfox20 and me have started back up this project. This quest is going to be nothing like Tower of Courage and have a different play style then it to but it is a continuation of the story that Tower of Courage did not complete since ToC was only link's adventure to obtain one of the Triforce pieces (The Triforce of Courge). Labyrinth of Wisdom is the story of the Triforce of Wisdom and another new land to explore.

What has been done so far:
Created the opening intro and cut scenes to get you familiar with what is going on and the backstory of Toc if you have not played ToC. Designed the trial area and I built a lot of strings to help guide the player though a pretty large opening beginning stage to make sure you are properly equipped to handle the main game. Now all is left of the trial area is tweaking the enemies, the difficulty of the area, and the infamous bug checks and then we move on to the over world and the actual game.

Goals:
I am aiming to make LoW surpass ToC in all aspects and to make this game fun/interesting to play with a bit of a challenge (Not aiming for island of rebirth yet, I got a long way to go to before I can compete with that). I will be attempting to create custom bosses with scripts, beside me playing with the enemy editor and making convoluted 2.10 boss like I did in ToC final boss fight.

Closing:
Yeah Yeah I Know, I still need to make a better title screen I have not gotten the time to building a screen for the title yet so I am stuck with the generic one as of now I have to come up with a image worthy of that spot and for me that may take a bit to accomplish.
More will be coming soon and we do not want to spoil what the trial dungeon is since it will be a special add in for this quest. I am going to try something new out and to learn more about ZC scripting since I am still a beginner and I do not know much about scripting. I plan to even put out a decent demo sometime in the near future.......... since my ToC demo was terrible.
Yes the forums have been helping me understand how to use scripts and create them and I hope I can get better at it to improve the game play of LoW and even update ToC with scripts to clean up my workarounds.

V/r
Flying Fish
"Freaky Fish Productions"
(Inside joke, if anyone was wondering why that was randomly placed in ToC's intro.)
  • SkyLizardGirl likes this

#2 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 30 May 2015 - 03:12 AM

Labyrinth involves a massive maze soon rights? Or at least in levels in your game?

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 30 May 2015 - 03:12 AM.

#3 Flying Fish

Flying Fish

King of the Fish

• Members

Posted 30 May 2015 - 11:03 AM

Yeah but the game isn't going to be focus on mazes.  The more in-depth part of the game is going to be a labyrinth more of a maze of thought and wisdom over just putting in a mazes and calling it a labyrinth.  This game is going to make you think about your moves and plan out your course of action, I will be giving the player full access to do as they please go where they want and access what ever dungeon they feel like playing. 

• Avaro likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users