Photo

Screenshot of the Week 505

ZeldaPlayer Joelmacool12 Jamian Demonlink

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 505 (64 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:43 PM

ZeldaPlayer
ZeldaPlayer.png
Winter in Hyrule is amazing! =D

Joelmacool12
Joelmacool12.png
Classic Hyrule Field!

Jamian
Jamian.png
Monster Mishap

Demonlink
Demonlink.png
As Link proceeds towards... wait, where the heck is Link in this shot!? ... ... ... Code 404, Link not found.

• Joelmacool and ZeldaPlayer like this

#2 HavoX

HavoX

Has more posts in Doomworld than in PureZC

• Members

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:02 PM

Jamian
Jamian.png
Monster Mishap

Well, time to bust out that BFG9000...

Wait, that damn thing wasn't even invented back then! BoH.png

(Voted for Demonlink Zeldaplayer this week)

Edited by HavoX, 26 April 2015 - 09:47 PM.

• Nathaniel likes this

#3 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:46 PM

A very close call between ZeldaPlayer and Demonlink. I ended up voting for ZeldaPlayer. It's a pretty solid winter shot. For Demonlink's screen, the lack of shading on that bridge really makes it look out of place.

#4 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 April 2015 - 11:41 PM

The theme for this week is the amount of action on each screen, because these four when put together span the entire map in that regard.

ZeldaPlayer - This is the screen that gets that action part right.  There is Link and some enemies.  You couldn't ask for more (or less).  As for the rest of the screen, I like the design even more when I continue to look at it.  For an icy lake, it makes perfect sense.  You have the ice on top, with some cracks and openings for the water beneath it.  Just don't die of hypothermia.  The cliffs are a great fit for this winter theme too.  My vote for this week.

Joelmacool12 - I think it shows good talent with classic forests, sticking to a simple concept.  Now migrating from ZQuest and bringing it to action in ZC could help it compete with other screens that take it to that extra edge.  While not required, it certainly can be a positive.  For classic's simplicity, the ground details are pretty good.  So it's a good screen with easy potential to do a little more.

Jamian - So this is the opposite end of the spectrum, with an extreme case of activity.  It reminds me a little of the monster zoos from Dungeons of Dredmor, which I haven't played in ages.  You could argue that it's more of an art piece, but that is for Jamian to say.  It's hard to see much of the floor design of the screen, so I can't really comment on that.  Too much is in the way for that, but I suppose you can't avoid that with the intent behind it all.  This screen is death in two forms:  Link and Blue Screen. :P

Demonlink - Excellent design, but like Joel's there is no action available for that extra spark.  So it's just ZQuest for the time being.  But maybe the caption is hinting at more.  If I go with the Red Hot Chili Peppers response, I would say that he is under the bridge.

#5 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:40 AM

Demonlink won my vote this round easily; clean and simple is the way to go. ZeldaPlayer's is way too noisy and random. Jamian's is pretty much a Zelda 1-esque dungeon screen with a billion enemies. Joelmacool12's came close second, but it looks generic and similar to his other shots. None were bad, but Demonlink's stood out the most this week for me.

#6 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 27 April 2015 - 01:08 AM

Ended up voting for ZP. I like the screenshot. DemonLink's came was almost my vote, but that bridge not being shaded bothers me too much. Joel's shot is a solid shot, not bad by any means but nothing really special about it. Jamians shot; I don't know what to say to that. the screen itself (from what I can see behind the enemie) looks decent, but that many enemies seems like a bit too much.

#7 Sparkster

Sparkster

The Sparking Spark of ZC

• Members

Posted 27 April 2015 - 02:03 AM

Zelda Player: What a wonderful winter screenshot.

Joel: I don't know what to say about this Classic shot.

Jamian: This screenshot is overcrowded with enemies. Do at least a screenshot with less enemies.

Demonlink: I love DoR Screenshots but this bridge has a lack of shading.

Demonlink's and Zelda Player's Screenshots are good but at last I voted for Zelda Player.

#8 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 27 April 2015 - 05:42 AM

Overcrowded with enemies, what? I don't see it!

The absurd amount of enemies is a scripting accident, but I think it kind of looks like an art piece in a way, like Nathaniel said, and I think it's fun to look at. So you can't see the rest of the screen, and the background is a Z1-ish dungeon, but that's not the point. :)

Edited by Jamian, 27 April 2015 - 05:43 AM.

#9 HavoX

HavoX

Has more posts in Doomworld than in PureZC

• Members

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:04 AM

Pffft.

Taking them all out is a cinch if you think ahead, are fully prepared and have the necessary gear. Take one of the dungeons from Quest of Light, for instance...

This screen is death in two forms:  Link and Blue Screen. :P

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Edited by HavoX, 27 April 2015 - 08:07 AM.

#10 LTTP

LTTP

LTTP

• Members

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:32 AM

Jamian just for the sake of not seeing that ever done yet liking once in a while to run into that type of rooms :P

#11 Dwarlen

Dwarlen

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:00 AM

ZeldaPlayer-I like this shot, it's cold and wintery. Aside from the tile error in the lower right hand portion of the screen, I don't find much wrong with it.

Joelmacool12-This is a pretty nice shot. The water in the upper right hand corner of the screen is a nice touch. Otherwise, my only thoughts is that the trees may be just a little to packed.

Jamian-Heh, this shot reminds me of when I once moduli by 0 and landed up with a couple hundred worth of rupees on the screen

Spoiler

All I can say about Jamian's shot is I sure hope Link has Farore's Wind so he can get to safety!

Demonlink-I really like how the mountains were done in this shot, the look really good. The only thing that bugs me is the bridge, how come there's no detail on the planks? Other then that though, a great looking screen.

P.S. I just noticed, where's TS?

• HavoX likes this

#12 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:50 AM

ZeldaPlayer - Very nice snowy shot. I like the neat touches you added to make the area look a lot like a snowy mountain. I don't really have anything else to say, great job.

Joelmacool - A very neat classic shot. You seem to be getting much better when it comes to quest designing which is something I love to see from you. I don't have any suggestions, but I really do love the forest setting here.

Jamian - This will be great for crashing ZC. Good job! (as far as screen design goes, it's nothing too special. If all those enemies weren't there, it would be a pretty nice dungeon shot)

Demonlink - This is really beautiful, it's got everything needed for a great screen. I really do love the river in this shot, and the details make the whole setting much better.

Overall, I went for Demonlink this week. Joelmacool and ZeldaPlayer would come in second place.

#13 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:12 PM

Damns its ~!*  Jamian

is like opening a Christmas present filled with goodies and cookies ~An ultimate sweet tooth!!* ///

Looking at that pic is alots like peering intos the inside of my stomach which just erouses me.*

I likes its alotz.*  Voted Jamian's because is wild and catchy. 

The others are just way too ordinary 'seen them before' types, for my tastes today.

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 27 April 2015 - 03:15 PM.

#14 FireSeraphim

FireSeraphim

Behold the might of legend!

• Members

Posted 01 May 2015 - 03:46 AM

I voted for Zeldaplayer, I literally can't find anything wrong with Zeldaplayer's screenie.

@Jamian: FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!! (Dear god man, This calls for some Serious Firepower! minigun.gif)

#15 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 01 May 2015 - 04:34 AM

idk all the screenshots are some zelda tiles with new colors and shit
what the fuck ami even supposed to say about this shit

ok screenshot number 1: hey it's zelda, but with a new twist: an icy winter theme

#2: hyrule field, but in the classic tileset. interesting variations on two ol classics.  nice. good

#3: wow, a funny joke screenshot to offset the serious screens.  nice, i love a good humor funny once in a while!

#4: please stop making "404 ____ not found" jokes

i voted for whoever

Edited by Truckroid, 01 May 2015 - 04:35 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ZeldaPlayer, Joelmacool12, Jamian, Demonlink

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users