Update

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Limebeer

Limebeer

You can do anything with the abuse of the Animal Husbandry skill

• Members

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:00 PM

It's been a while since I've last did an update. I've mostly been working on the overworld and coming up with ideas. I haven't done quite as much as I would have liked to do, but alas, school has started which is eating time.

Anyways, to be nice, I'm posting some images to show the progression of my overworld.

[spoiler]4HekRog.png[\spoiler]

This is *Almost* what I started with (I forgot to take a screenshot of the very first map that I started with). There isn't all too much that changed from version 1.0 of my map and this one, just made the central mountains more larger with two or so more sections.

Here's version 1.1 of my map. As you see, it underwent some renovations. I made some ledge pathways in the mountains as well as rearranged some of the sections. Not much else was done in this rendition.

Here you can see more changes made. I added in some more long grass, as well as started trying out adding in gradients to my map via cliff edges. I also added in more trees and moved the "under Construction" houses in the top part of the first town to make way for the forest transitional part.

Here is the most recent rendition of my map as it stands now. The upper corner where the second village is open, though nothing is properly worked on there, as well as for the stormy area, I added in lightning and made most of it darker, except the very bottom corner where there's a fight for an item. I added in more cliff faces and, as you can see, started making the forest transition. . There's still alot more to be done, but I wanted to show the progression being made. Alot of time was put into redesigning some tiles and making new ones in order for me to get the proper "look" for a few parts.

After I do the forest area, I should be able to start on the much anticipated level's 4&5 (anticipated by me, that is)
Hope you are enjoying the improvements being made. After I'm done adding in a few more things I'll send in a new Demo (no new content in ways of areas to explore and dungeons, just including the overhaul of the overworld) and will continue on with level building.

Edited by Limebeer, 19 January 2015 - 12:05 PM.

#2 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:09 PM

Great Work!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users