Photo

Screenshot of the Month 120

Orithan Linkus justin Dwarlen

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Month 120 (42 member(s) have cast votes)

Who would be the first person to reach 120 stars in a Super Mario 64 race, and by that I mean whose screenshot is the best this month?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 December 2014 - 05:26 PM

Linkus - SotW 481

Linkus.jpg

Things to come in the Firebird update.

Orithan - SotW 482

Orithan.png

Just as Hal enters the Crystal Caverns for the first time, he has already discovered the essence that lies in the area. Now he just has to find out how to get to it. If only he had Super Bombs...

justin - SotW 483

justin.png

Infiltrating the goblin camp in the Old Town ruins.

Dwarlen - SotW 484

Dwarlen.png

NPC: "Link, you go first." Link: "Seriously? It's dark down there, you go first!" NPC: "But Link, you're the hero! And the one with the sword I might add."

• Lightwulf likes this

#2 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 07 December 2014 - 05:31 PM

Three Firebird shots and one DoR one? Whoa, that's new! *sigh* These are all great shots! No wonder how each of them ended up winning their corresponding week! But still, now that I have to choose... I choose you Orithan! That cave shot is too fantastic and the palette suits it very well. Good luck to everybody else though :) 

#3 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 07 December 2014 - 06:05 PM

Voted for Dwarlen as I feel his shot is the most unique.

#4 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 07 December 2014 - 06:06 PM

I voted for justin. The setting and colors fit the nature of a "goblin camp"; my only recommendation would be to use some brown pixels near the edge of the destroyed roof—it looks like cut paper right now.

#5 ZeldaPlayer

ZeldaPlayer

What's up my playas

• Members

Posted 07 December 2014 - 06:40 PM

Voted for justin this week. I love the half destroyed roof tiles! :D

#6 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 08 December 2014 - 11:15 AM

Voted for Orithan this week with that amazing shot. I really love the crystal details and everything else that's included. 2nd would be Justin. Great job this month!

#7 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators

Posted 08 December 2014 - 10:09 PM

Great turnout this month! All of the screenshots were exceptional! I eventually voted for Orithan. Here are the in-depth details:

Linkus-

• A very good screenshot using the Firebird tileset. The dungeon screen design is really top-notch, and nothing looks wrong or out of place, except that the broken floor tiles do look a tiny bit strange to me but are otherwise really good. Nothing really stands out to me, however, though the screen is still spectacular.
  • 8.8/10 (Great)

Orithan-

• This is a very beautifully designed screen, I got to say. Visually, the different crystal colors and details are incredibly good and it looks very visually pleasing to the eye. The structure of the screen is also very good, and I like the fox character that's used instead of Link. The only thing I could really complain about is how the numerous crystals on the ground make the screen look a bit too crowded, but other than that small complaint, this screen is really amazing.
  • 9.1/10 (Amazing)

justin-

• This is a very nicely made screen. Structurally, the screen is very well made and makes sense realistically. Visually, I really love the broken roof tiles although they look a bit "sharp" right now. Also, I like how different types of trees were used for a variety of visual elements. The atmosphere and the dark-ish colors of the screen also work really well with the point of the screen overall.
  • 9.0/10 (Amazing)

Dwarlen-

• This is, for the most part, and well made DoR screen. The clouds shadows and the night atmosphere work really well in the screen, although Link and the other guy  appear far too bright considering it is nighttime. Also, the screen colors seem very monotone as it basically brown through except for the hole and the patch of grass. The hole itself is really interesting; however, the walls of the hole looks like bricks currently and that doesn't match with the surrounding dirt. Try to find something that looks more smooth and doesn't have brick lines. Other than those things, this screen's structure and execution are really good.
  • 8.3/10 (Great)

As you can see, it was really hard for me to choose between justin and Orithan, but in the end, I went with Orithan's screenshot. Everyone did great this week, however! You should all be proud. :)

• Jared likes this

#8 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:14 PM

Clearly the undisputed winner with the most skills at Super Mario 64 this month is Orithan!

Orithan.png

Thank you so much-a for to— er, congratulations!

Voting totals:

- Linkus - SotW 481 (3 votes [8.33%])

- Orithan - SotW 482 (22 votes [61.11%])
- justin - SotW 483 (6 votes [16.67%])
- Dwarlen - SotW 484 (5 votes [13.89%])

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Orithan, Linkus, justin, Dwarlen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users