Photo

Screenshot of the Week 477

Franky Avataro Twilight-Prince ZeldaPlayer Jared

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 477 (60 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:20 PM

Sorry, I got no custom subscreen for this.

Twilight-Prince

Twilight-Prince.png

A mysterious abandoned temple in a jungle of eternal rain. Brave or foolish explorers will find treasure in it's deeps.

Franky

Franky.png

Been awhile since I worked on ZC, but here's something!

ZeldaPlayer

ZeldaPlayer.png

I must be getting better.

Jared

Jared.png

#2 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:36 PM

*Cracks Fingers* Time to argue on this one:

Avataro: My man, this is a pretty sweet pull off with what I believe is Pure Remembrance correct? Can't find any errors or anything wrong with this one, except for the fact that in the top right that Water Sparkling looks kind of lonely, maybe if you added a few more, it would look perfect in my opinion. Solid job as always (This better be a shot of a quest you're working on!  :kawaii: )

Twilight Prince: Man, you're good with DoRH, honestly! This looks like the kind of ruins I'd like to explore. Not bad in absolute! However, I'm not quite fond of the entire building being green, yet again, that's personal. I also spot how creative you are using those statue tiles. Nice job overall!

Franky: Firebird, an eye candy favorite. I suspect this is supposed to be a destroyed area seeing those cracks on the ground right? The only "but" I see in this shot is that it's too bright for it to be raining. Yet again, this could be one of those "sunny and rainy" strange days we have nowadays. Nothing wrong in this shot. Good job to you sir. 

ZeldaPlayer: You're getting better with DoR my friend! :) However, I'll give you a quick tip. Try to go for not so straight trees, what do I mean? I have seen in all of your shots that you're going for a straight line when placing trees, I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but from me, it looks... odd. A bit of variety also helps as well also. Hmmm, the pillars and graves could go away, as they don't make much sense there. Other than that, keep sharpening those skills, I see you're improving more and more! :D (The effort is seen in this shot, good job :) )

Jared: I see you also used DoRH, Works for making a field! Also, the GB perspective mountains look nice in this shot! However, it feels a bit empty to me, maybe if you added a bit of tall grass, or some Dodongos to bomb monsters to fight with, it wouldn't feel that way. I can't argue what's wrong with this, because there isn't anything wrong with it! :D Great job pal, DoR is your friend! :D

In the end, I went for Avataro, it was really, Really difficult choosing between this week! (Almost had to flip a coin  :lol: ) Excellent luck to everyone, and great job as well!

• Avaro and Twilight-Prince like this

#3 ZeldaPlayer

ZeldaPlayer

What's up my playas

• Members

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:55 PM

AGAIN, I enter the wrong week. I see these amazing screenshots and I wish I get a vote.

• Demonlink likes this

#4 HavoX

HavoX

Has more posts in Doomworld than in PureZC

• Members

Posted 12 October 2014 - 09:02 PM

AGAIN, I enter the wrong week. I see these amazing screenshots and I wish I get a vote.

You're getting better! Just keep practicing, and you'll soon become a pro at this!

#5 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 12 October 2014 - 09:17 PM

Something about Jared's spacious field screen just feels really nice to look at. I voted for him.

And ZeldaPlayer, don't give up! You're improving dramatically with each contest!

• Jared likes this

#6 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 12 October 2014 - 09:23 PM

Avataro - Pretty solid PR screen. Everything is laid out nicely. The palette is a little washed out, and also why is that lady sweeping on a grassy area? :P

Twilight-Prince - I don't really like how you handle your greens in that screen. Everything else looks fine.

Franky - My vote went here. It has the best layout out of all the entries IMO. I guess it's raining on a sunny day?

ZeldaPlayer - I believe that your windmill needs more elevation. It looks pretty darn strange when the cliff above has a higher elevation than it. Also, that row of trees at the bottom of the screen look awkward, and the detailing looks way too unnatural.

Jared - Nice grass detail, but WAY too empty imo. It's screaming for action.

Edited by Dawnlight, 12 October 2014 - 09:24 PM.

#7 Twilight-Prince

Twilight-Prince

The Adversary

• Members

Posted 12 October 2014 - 10:06 PM

If I hadn't have entered, mine would likely go to Avataro. I really like how that one looks.

Also, on the account of my building being all green, I was going for a very mossy-covered structure, so yeah...logic.~

• Demonlink likes this

#8 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:34 AM

Voted for Twilight-Prince this week.

It was a pretty hard choice as all the screens were really nice, though Twilight-Prince a really interesting shot which almost reminds me of Lost Isle in some weird way. Great job to everyone this week!

• Twilight-Prince likes this

#9 Astromeow

Astromeow

RESPECT DA OBOE SOLO

• Members

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:08 AM

I love Jareds open yet detailed shot
  • Shane and Avaro like this

#10 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 15 October 2014 - 09:34 AM

I voted for Avataro. I would have voted for ZP but I don't understand why a windmill would be built beside a random ancient column. It doesn't feel legit, and that affected my vote.

Update: I should say a windmill beside an random ancient column.... A an even more random tombstone...

Update: Two random tombstones!! Lol

I find the rainfall too distracting for Franky's and TP's images.

The lack of characters (such as Link, NPCs, or enemies) make Jared's screen look dull and empty.

I voted for Avataro. I would have voted for ZP but I don't understand why a windmill would be built beside a random ancient column. It doesn't feel legit, and that affected my vote.

Update: I should say a windmill beside an random ancient column.... A an even more random tombstone...

I find the rainfall too distracting for Franky's and TP's images.

The lack of characters (such as Link, NPCs, or enemies) make Jared's screen look dull and empty.

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 15 October 2014 - 09:38 AM.

• Jared likes this

#11 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 15 October 2014 - 02:02 PM

-Why does It feel like ,

Twilight-Prince and Franky are the same person today .. ?  

I vote Zeldaplayer - that windmill is a pain to make sometimes.*

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 15 October 2014 - 02:03 PM.

#12 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:17 AM

great week.  voted for Jared's.

• Jared likes this

#13 Twilight-Prince

Twilight-Prince

The Adversary

• Members

Posted 18 October 2014 - 05:09 PM

Looks like I might lose by one vote two weeks in a row. Oh well, shows I have a strong showing. XD

#14 HavoX

HavoX

Has more posts in Doomworld than in PureZC

• Members

Posted 19 October 2014 - 08:39 AM

To be quite honest, yours was kind of cool, but I ended up voting for Franky because his SS had the right balance. Your SS on the other hand... well, shoot, it's not easy being green.

Good try though. ;)

#15 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 19 October 2014 - 09:32 PM

With 30.77% of the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Week 477 is Franky!

Franky.png

Congratulations!

Voting totals:

- Twilight-Prince (15 votes [28.85%])
- Franky (16 votes [30.77%])
- ZeldaPlayer (9 votes [17.31%])
- Jared (3 votes [5.77%])

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Franky, Avataro, Twilight-Prince, ZeldaPlayer, Jared

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users