a couple notes on game rules

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:06 PM

There are a couple of things this quest does differently than both metroid and zelda, and they may confuse first time players when the quest gets released. I thought I might touch on these a little bit.

First of all, here's the good news. Missiles, super missiles, and power bombs can all be collected several times to increase your capacity. You actually start off with access to all of these as inventory items, but have no capacity for ammo whatsoever, so you can't really use them until you get ammo upgrades. Additionally, enemies may drop ammo for any of these at any time in the quest. It'll be useless though if you don't actually have these upgrades.

ENERGY: your life is measured both in blocks and as a number. This is mostly cosmetic. You start with 48 health, and no blocks displayed. Every tank/block after that holds 16. The displayed number shows your total health, not the health per container. Don't lul yourself into thinking you have more health than you really do!

SAVING: IF YOU DIE, YOU DO NOT GET A CONTINUE OPTION. you will return to file select. Instead you do your saving at save stations, just like in metroid. When you enter a pod, you stand in the middle and press enter. That is when you are given your save options.

Basically it works like a neat fusion of both, and should make a fun and interesting twist
  • Eddy, Jared, Lightwulf and 1 other like this

#2 Astromeow

Astromeow

RESPECT DA OBOE SOLO

• Members

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:33 PM

Yes sir please bring more. I really a fascinate d with the concept of access but no capacity.

#3 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 10 October 2014 - 05:56 PM

Sounds good King_Aquamentus! though, I must point out

Instead you do your saving at save stations, just like in metroid.

Password system bro, there weren't save stations in Metroid!

.. I got your point nevertheless.

• newstarshipsmell, alek and Astromeow like this

#4 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 10 October 2014 - 06:28 PM

Sounds good King_Aquamentus! though, I must point out

Password system bro, there weren't save stations in Metroid!

.. I got your point nevertheless.

Did you even read the quest description 

• Eddy likes this

#5 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 October 2014 - 05:31 AM

Those are some pretty neat ideas. I might not get used to having to save at save stations all the time though XD

#6 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 11 October 2014 - 09:45 AM

Those are some pretty neat ideas. I might not get used to having to save at save stations all the time though XD

If it helps I'll probably leave them close to their zero mission locations. I have so far.

#7 alek

alek

posting on internet

• Members

Posted 18 October 2014 - 04:59 PM

I'm not too familiar with scripting, but if there's a way to keep enemies from giving you refills for I items you don't really have until you get them, that would be great. It sucks when you're desperately looking for health, but then you just get Super Missile ammo you can't use!

#8 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 19 October 2014 - 09:23 AM

I'm not too familiar with scripting, but if there's a way to keep enemies from giving you refills for I items you don't really have until you get them, that would be great. It sucks when you're desperately looking for health, but then you just get Super Missile ammo you can't use!

I do have some enemies come back every time you enter a screen that are pretty easy to kill. The best indication of rooms like this is the appearance of those little pipes. they can be farmed just like in Metroid. I've also adjusted the drop rates, so energy won't be as rare. 

Edited by King Aquamentus, 19 October 2014 - 09:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users