Photo

Screenshot of the Week 476

Shane Demonlink joelmacool12 Twilight-Prince ZeldaPlayer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 476 (62 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 October 2014 - 08:27 PM

joelmacool12

joelmacool12.png

High Up In An Irrupting Mountain. Nice Weather Today Isn't It?

Twilight-Prince

Twilight-Prince.png

A corrupted land, dead and barren. A shrine to the Damned. Abandon hope, all ye who enter here...

ZeldaPlayer

ZeldaPlayer.png

2nd attempt using the DoR tileset

Shane

Shane.png

meteor impact

Demonlink

Demonlink.png

Behold! The mighty Peahats! ... ... Care to vote?

• Twilight-Prince, Demonlink and Matthew like this

#2 ZeldaPlayer

ZeldaPlayer

What's up my playas

• Members

Posted 05 October 2014 - 08:43 PM

Crap, I entered the wrong week. I entered and I see these amazing screenshots. Hope I get a vote.

#3 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators

Posted 05 October 2014 - 08:53 PM

Great turnout this week! I voted for Demonlink this week for his amazing shot. Now, let me constructively break each screenshot down:

joelmacool12-
  • Pretty decent screen; I like the mountain variety. Visually, though, it could use a higher variety of colors. Also, there are a few mountain tile errors. In this tileset, the tops of the mountains have, in this case, a red beam with the yellow squiggly stuff inside. In the left most mountain barrier, that red beam should be on the right of the mountain itself, not on the left. Tell me if you need more clarification on this. Otherwise, decent screen with decent screen design.
  • 7.4/10 (Good)

Twilight-Prince-
  • This screen is really good. I love the theme of darkness and death and it is executed well throughout the screen. The screen is also very detailed, and I enjoy that. The candle fire glow is also a very neat effect and it works well in this screen. One thing I do have to complain about is the structure in the middle; it looks a bit weird and for some reason doesn't seem to fit well in the screen as a whole, at least for me. Otherwise, great screen.
  • 8.9/10 (Great)

ZeldaPlayer-
  • This is a very decent screen. I like the variety I see in terms of tree types and colors, even though the gray trees don't seem to fit in very well realistically. I do have to complain about how straight the dirt road is; I suggest making the curve around a bit to add variety to the road. Otherwise, it seems boring and a little strange. Also, this screen could use a few more details; look for more plants and flowers in DoR.
  • 7.2/10 (Good)

Shane-
  • This is an amazing screen. At first glance, it looks very beautiful and everything connects amazingly well. The screen design as well as it's structure are both really amazing. I do have to get really picky here, since there is nothing wrong as a whole, :XD:: That ramp behind Link looks like a liquid substance for some strange reason to me and that lava pit up the ramp seems a bit out of place and a bit lonely. Otherwise, this is an incredible screen made with this tileset. Great job.
  • 9.3/10 (Amazing)

Demonlink-
  • This is also an incredibly amazing screen. Everything looks great; the variety of trees, the water, the details, the grass, the dirt, the rocks, the mountains... Like everything :XD:. The palette is also great and feels very appropriate with the screen structure and design. Overall, amazing screen with practically no flaws. Phenomenal. However, I did have to give this a zero out of ten because the screen had a Peahat, which is unacceptable.
  • 10/10 (Masterpiece)

As I said earlier, I voted for Demonlink this week for his exceptional screen. Great job to the other contestants as well! :)
  • Demonlink likes this

#4 HavoX

HavoX

Has more posts in Doomworld than in PureZC

• Members

Posted 05 October 2014 - 09:06 PM

joelmacool12

joelmacool12.png

High Up In An Irrupting Mountain. Nice Weather Today Isn't It?

"Erupting"

Also, Twilight-Prince's SS looks WAY cooler than the others (which is also appropriate given this time of month).

Edited by HavoX, 05 October 2014 - 09:06 PM.

• Twilight-Prince likes this

#5 Astromeow

Astromeow

RESPECT DA OBOE SOLO

• Members

Posted 05 October 2014 - 09:35 PM

I really would have loved to see slightly different colors in Joes shot. Maybe some of those rustic greens.

Twilight has a very attractive mysterious screen however I'm not feeling it enough to camp me.

I voted for zelda player. Beautiful warm feelings even with the somewhat peculiar and lacking in par standards.

Shane I'm liking but sorry the theme is getting stale.. or that I've seen the screen already?

Solid screen demon link. No complaints you're my second pick.
  • Demonlink likes this

#6 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 05 October 2014 - 09:49 PM

Damn! A whole lot of sexy shots this week! :) Thanks for feedback everyone, but if hadn't entered this week, my hat goes off to Twilight Prince! :O

Excellent execution of the environment with DoRH! Man, that's a pretty awesome screen, I think I just found the inspiration for a certain area in my quest...

But alas, all are great screebs! Kudos to everybody! :)
  • Twilight-Prince likes this

#7 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 05 October 2014 - 10:48 PM

I voted for Demonlink's screen. Haven't I said enough good things about your screens? :D

• Demonlink likes this

#8 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 05 October 2014 - 11:31 PM

I would have voted for Demonlink if I weren't in the contest. Very lovely palette and screen design choices. Following up would be Joel's nice GB volcano shot. Yes, I lookie @ heh swag.

• Demonlink likes this

#9 Twilight-Prince

Twilight-Prince

The Adversary

• Members

Posted 06 October 2014 - 01:48 AM

If I hadn't have entered, I probably would've gone for Demonlink's screen. I'm glad some like mine, though! First time entering SotW and all that.

• Lightwulf, Demonlink and Soma C. like this

#10 HavoX

HavoX

Has more posts in Doomworld than in PureZC

• Members

Posted 06 October 2014 - 07:48 AM

Well, it looks like it's going to be a close one this week! Should be interesting. :)

#11 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:02 AM

I'm so tied between Shane and Demonlink's shot. So tied in fact, that I can't untie it (bad joke I'm so sorry).

Shane's shot captures a really nice 'meteor impact' setting and the atmosphere of the shot is very well made.

Demonlink's shot is a really nice field screen, which looks pretty peaceful (except for the monsters roaming around it of course lol). I love the use of DoR here. Well done!

In the end though, I actually went for Demonlink. Shane's shot would've came in VERY close 2nd.

• Shane, Demonlink and HavoX like this

#12 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:17 PM

joelmacool12

Screen looks good, it does a good job of making me interested in what those tiles lead to. However, it is a tad bit bare.

Twilight-Prince

Looks good, I like the lighting effects. However, I feel as though the bottom of the screen is too "open".

ZeldaPlayer

Needs more ground decorations, trees shouldn't be in a straight line, and those white trees look strange. However, the overall screen layout looks fine.

Shane

For an impact crater, it seems to bright. One would expect ash and dust to create a darker, smoggier atmosphere. Like ZeldaPlayer, your overall screen layout is fine.

Demonlink

This screen looks good, however it seems a bit strange to me. It looks like a plain, but I can't help but feel as though as an intersection, the ground should be worn down. Maybe add some more exposed dirt. On the whole, it's okay. :)

I ended up voting for Joelmacool12. Good job to everyone else though.

Edited by FlameCursed, 08 October 2014 - 07:18 PM.

#13 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:04 PM

With 31.58% of the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Week 476 is Shane!

Shane.png

Congratulations!

Voting totals:

- joelmacool12 (3 votes [5.26%])
- Twilight-Prince (17 votes [29.82%])
- ZeldaPlayer (7 votes [12.28%])
- Shane (18 votes [31.58%])
- Demonlink (12 votes [21.05%])

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shane, Demonlink, joelmacool12, Twilight-Prince, ZeldaPlayer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users