Photo

Screenshot of the Week 57

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic

Poll: Which pic? (57 member(s) have cast votes)

Which pic?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 07 June 2004 - 10:32 PM

And the nominees are...

BH4
user posted image

Radien
user posted image
Link is crossing a bridge when he is suddenly attacked by Lynels from all sides. He'll have to react quickly to get through alive, but how did they get on that ledge below?

HeroLink
user posted image
Speak to me, oh, Abei.

Darkhogg
user posted image
Title of "Floating Islands", my new game.

LinkTheMaster
user posted image

PrinceMSC
user posted image
There's good 'ol Valoo, lazy as usual.

StarFox
user posted image
The new tileset in Forgotten Memories. VOT 4 ME!111

UpbeatPenguin
user posted image

#2 a guy and his game

a guy and his game

Wizard

• Members

Posted 07 June 2004 - 11:09 PM

I vote for Prince's. I just like the look of the enviroment. And that is one Great replica of Valoo!

BH4: Standard dungeon screen. Nice Template! And, is that hole in the floor a pallete mix-up?

Radien: Newer version of the shot you submitted a while ago...
Hero Link: Not bad for a classic shot.

DarkHogg: That's new... A Spanish Quest...
*goes to learn Spanish*

LTM: Okay cave shot. Like the Skullata though!

Starfox: Hmm... Looks a little blue... Nice chests and banners!

UBP: Standard ice room. Nothing Extrordinary.

#3 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 07 June 2004 - 11:35 PM

Nice SSotW this week. A lot of nice shots. icon_smile.gif

BH4: Very nice shot. Except.. the lava's messed up. Other than that, pretty nice shot. I like the doors and a lot of the tiles. icon_smile.gif

Raiden: Pretty good. I've always liked BS for some reason. The background is nice.

Hero Link: Not bad. For some reason, seems kinda bland, though. :\

Darkhogg: Interesting.. but not much I haven't seen before.

LinkTheMaster: Very nice. I like the skulltulas. Seems like an interesting quest.

PrinceMSC: icon_wow.gif That is freaking amazing. Definitely gets my vote. icon_thumbsup.gif icon_biggrin.gif

StarFox: Great shot. icon_thumbsup.gif I like the custom tiles and stuff.

UpbeatPenguin: Pretty good. Reminds me of LttP. icon_smile.gif

#4 Mr. Z

Mr. Z

Old Bastard is back!

• Members

Posted 08 June 2004 - 04:07 AM

I can't choose!! There are a lot of great pics this time. ^_^

Seems Darkhogg's description was put under BH4's pic. icon_ohmy.gif

#5 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 08 June 2004 - 07:40 AM

Well damn. Just my luck to enter when Prince enters.

BH4 Nice tiles. Not a great setup though.
Radien You've added some cool tiles. But, it's just not good enough to win.
Hero Link I don't like the color of the mountains. :\ Other than that, it's an okay shot.
Darkhogg It's a title screen. There's not much of a background, so, icon_shrug.gif .
LinkTheMaster This shot freakin' PWNZ! **vote** j/k
Hey, Praethus, you capitalized The. icon_glare.gif
PrinceMSC This shot sucks. I mean, the tiles are horrible. j/k Actually, the tiles are great, as usual, and to go along with the tiles, the setup of the screen is really good. I would have voted for this.
StarFox Kind of bland shot. Nice tiles though.
UpbeatPenguin Does look a bit like LTTP. icon_razz.gif But, not winning material.

Since I entered, I null voted.

#6 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 08 June 2004 - 09:11 AM

PRince, hands down.

#7 Darkhogg

Darkhogg

Initiate

• Members

Posted 08 June 2004 - 11:41 AM

DarkHogg: That's new... A Spanish Quest...
*goes to learn Spanish*

YES, A SPANISH QUEST. SOME PROBLEM? I'm spanish and If I want I make a spanish quest.

Look, the english title screen:
user posted image

__SORRY IF MY ENGLISH IS BAD, I'M SPANISH AND I DON'T KNOW MUCH ENGLISH__

#8 Jaivaz

Jaivaz

God of Death

• Banned

Posted 08 June 2004 - 11:47 AM

user posted image
-----
Anyway, I voted for starfox cause I know he put alot of effort into that tileset and...the caption told me to icon_razz.gif

#9 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 08 June 2004 - 12:14 PM

BH4: Ignoring Praethus' little mistake there with the caption, this shot has some nice custom tiles. However, that strangely colored stuff in the lower left portion of the screen is really icky. It might have been like that on purpose, but it still clashes. icon_shrug.gif

Radien: Very interesting use of BS Zelda tiles and new tiles together. icon_smile.gif

HeroLink: Is this a first quest remake? Well, anyway, the screen uses the tiles it has well. I like the idea of an outdoor dungeon, also.

Darkhogg: This title screen is designed okay. I couldn't do any better. However, there are so many title screens with clouds anymore. icon_razz.gif

LinktheMaster: Interesting shot. Makes me wonder what the rest of the quest will be like. icon_razz.gif

PrinceMSC: The palatte is simply amazing. The house looks freaking awesome. The water looks like I can drink it (well... then again... there might be moblins up stream. x_x ). *votes*

StarFox: I really like this variation of the dungeons. It's a new looking approach to me and something I just like. I would have voted for this had Prince not blown everyone away. icon_razz.gif

UpbeatPenguin: Nice ice shot. You woulda been better off using one of the ones without all 4 walls, though. icon_wink.gif

#10 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 08 June 2004 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE(Nick @ Jun 8 2004, 12:14 PM)
UpbeatPenguin: Nice ice shot. You woulda been better off using one of the ones without all 4 walls, though. icon_wink.gif

Yeah...I submitted the wrong shot. The correct one will be in SOTW 58. It's much better. And it has less walls.

Since I am in this one, I'm not voting. I like Prince's the best.

EDIT: Know what? I think I like H_L's best, come to think of it. icon_thumbsup.gif

#11 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 08 June 2004 - 02:30 PM

icon_blink.gif

Okay. All I can say is, ... I should NOT have included that lava. It was meant to be a fire temple, .. then I turned it into a Spirit temple. Whatever. icon_rolleyes.gif

Next Time. You'll see. You'll all see!

Starfox's shot is the best. You all know why.

#12 a guy and his game

a guy and his game

Wizard

• Members

Posted 08 June 2004 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE(Darkhogg @ Jun 8 2004, 06:41 AM)
YES, A SPANISH QUEST. SOME PROBLEM? I'm spanish and If I want I make a spanish quest.

I wasn't insulting your quest. I was just saying that you were trying a new and ingenious idea. No one tried a quest in a different language before so I wish you good luck with it! icon_wink.gif icon_thumbsup.gif

#13 Fluttershy

Fluttershy

Snip snip!

• Members

Posted 08 June 2004 - 05:26 PM

I'm working on a French quest. =P

Anyways, I voted StarFox but it was a close tie between him and PrinceMSC

#14 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 08 June 2004 - 06:50 PM

Thanks for the constructive comments. Before anyone says anything else though, I'm not at all expecting to win here. This was not the shot I entered to win, it was the shot I entered because I can and I have no reason not to. icon_wink.gif The quest it is from is a remake of BS Zelda 1, so it's not supposed to be too far from the original. I included this shot because I'm rather fond of it and it includes two custom-edited elements that I spent much time on (the clouds and the heart container, which are both actually animated though I didn't think it was within the rules to include an anim gif in thsi case).

It also uses something like 5-6 layers, even though you'd never guess it since it originally used one.

Maybe next week or the week after I'll be able to submit something from Dance of Remembrance. Now THAT I hope will wow people.

Now for comments...

BH4: Lookin' good! Yeah, I'm still not sure about that lava... it looks weird when stationary, at the very least.

Radien: OMFG WHAT IS THIS CRAP

Hero Link: Heh... is this a joke shot? icon_wink.gif It looks like someone got sick of hearing Abei say "PAY ME FOR THE DOOR REPAIR CHARGE."

Darkhogg: A very standard Pure title screen, but looking good. I find it admirable that you're doing both languages.

LTM: Pretty good! I've already commented on your demo, though.

PrincMSC: I am SO looking forward to seeing this set come out. icon_eek.gif Oh, what to do, what to do... to stay with Pure?... To use your set instead?... It's a hard decision. I'd like to see your enemy tiles...

StarFox: Looks awesome, but I still don't get what it is you're supposed to be walking on...

UpbeatPenguin: Pretty standard ice dungeon. Just a template with a floor added. The green statues clash, though.

...It's only fair that I null vote. I'd feel really stupid if I turned out to be the only person that voted for me, and as for the others there's so many awesome shots I'd have a hard time deciding. PrincMSC would probably get the vote though.

Edited by Radien, 08 June 2004 - 07:00 PM.

#15 Darkhogg

Darkhogg

Initiate

• Members

Posted 09 June 2004 - 11:57 AM

((it is not English pure because I have translated a text in Spanish to the English with a translator))

ok, ok, I feel it, but I repeat that I am Spanish, and although quest in Spanish is going to do one, my idea was to translate it to the English as soon as finishes it.

BH4: If lava were red one would be dungeon perfect

RAIDEN: Good image, mainly located the shades very well...

HERO LINK: Also good image, but rare encounter that dungeon is grass in one

DARKHOGG: emmm, I am...

LINKTHEMASTER: Very original the spider, mainly the shade... I congratulate to you

PRINCEMSC: Somebody has said that this image was bad... and I do not agree, is the best one of all, mainly the dragon.

STARFOX: I do not like, am very dark and very repetitive the ground. Only the good thing is template

UPBEATPENGUIN: Very good, everything very well, but you could have eliminated the edges of the ZQUEST

And my vote is for...
PRINCEMSC

ORIGINAL MESSAGE

BH4: Si la lava fuera roja sería una mazmorra perfecta

RAIDEN: Buena imagen, sobre todo muy bien situadas las sombras...

HERO LINK: También buena imagen, pero encuantro raro que haya hierba en una mazmorra

DARKHOGG
: emmm, soy yo...

LINKTHEMASTER: Muy original la araña, sobre todo la sombra... te felicito

PRINCEMSC: Alguien ha dicho que esta imagen era mala... y no estoy de acuerdo, es la mejor de todas, sobre todo el dragón.

STARFOX: No me gusta, es muy oscura y muy repetitivo el suelo. Lo único bueno es el template

UPBEATPENGUIN: Muy buena, todo muy bien, pero podrías haber eliminado los bordes del ZQUEST

Y mi voto es para...
¡¡¡PRINCEMSC!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users