• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 BtjCraft

BtjCraft

Praise Double Helix!

• Members

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:33 PM

So... ya... I have returned.

Where the H-E-double hockey sticks have you been???

Well, a family member died and school work just towered on me...so I basically just "shut down." Then I got over the death and school stuff got easier so I had more fun and got more positive. Ya... that's about it. Just excuses pretty much.

So...have you worked on RFP at all?

Of course I have, not too much though. I got back into the quest about two weeks ago, and I felt it was best if shifted my focus from the graphic pack transition to scripting, since I have found a lot more entertainment within programming and stuff like that. So, I was hoping I could get the score scripts done before I updated again, but the first of the two scripts took FOREVER to clean out, so I just started fixing up the script for displaying the score. Also, since I had plenty of time to generate ideas, I thought of a couple more things that can be used for the quest (yes, MORE stuff, I have my right to dream)

Elemental Enchanting

This isn't actually something I recently come up with, I had this idea for a while but never actually presented it. So the concept of this is that most of your selectable items can get enchanted copies of the item, which feature one of the four elements: fire, ice, light, and shadow. Each element has a corresponding sorcerer that can make a temporary enchanted item (similar to the concept of the razor sword) out of your item (but it won't be a copy) for probably 100 uses. If Link is to find the book for the corresponding element, he can pay a price to get an unbreaking copy of an item for that element. I'm still organizing the various effects (since some items may require a different effect compared to another item, like a fire bomb to spread fire compared to a fire sword to directly put an enemy on fire) for each of the four elements, but here's what I have so far as the base idea:

Fire - Gradual Damage
Ice - Freezing
Light - Instant Damage
Shadow - Confusion

The items I currently plan to be enchantable are the: sword (L4), boomerang (L2), bomb, arrow, candle, whistle, bait, wand, lens, and hammer. All of the items here are for the L1 version (except for the sword and the boomerang), which does not include super bombs.

L and R Button Item Use

Sometimes it drives me crazy when a Zelda game restricts me to only have one or two items equipped at the same time, so I want to try and see if I can script the L and R buttons to be a assignable for items (like the A and B buttons) like some of the modern Zelda titles.

Mission-Style Dungeons

I'm not so sure if I want to do this, but I'm considering making dungeons to be more mission-based rather than an "in-and-out" setup, as basically side/after-game content. If you've played Sonic Adventure or almost any Sonic game after that, then consider this idea to be similar to the mission gameplay for those games (specifically the two Sonic Adventure games). The reason for this is basically of how I've always enjoyed returning a previous area for a new, more difficult challenge, as it is a nice way to "exercise" my skills if I'm having a rough time with the main story mode, or I simply desire to not stop playing the game. I'm not exactly sure how this is going to work or what the missions are going to be, but I expect a LOT of missions to be present when the quest is finally finished.

I am not sure what's going to work and what isn't going to work, but as long as I find scripting to be very fun, expect me to be working my butt off for all of this. Also, as for the weekly updates system I did, I want to exchange that for monthly updates since scripting progress is hard to represent in a single week, and the monthly updates would actually make it seem like I'm getting stuff done. So, the new "monthly updates" will take place on the last Saturday of each month. HOWEVER, I'm going to update whenever I get something major done, so the monthly updates would be more like summaries, but they will list the stuff to do next.

As for the "showcases" I wanted to do last year, I'm not going to be doing to do that yet since I'll probably do a lot of renovating of the planned areas when I finally get the gameplay scripting done.

Hopefully I haven't forgot anything. I apologize for my ridiculously-long absence. Life has been quite shaky within the last year, but as summer vacation rolls around, I'm sure I'll actually get stuff done. I'm going to try really hard to not slack off on this, I'm on the verge of signing some type of contract to keep myself working on this. Well, that's pretty much it. See ya'll later, and have a pleasant June.
  • Jared likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users