Status Update 2

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:13 PM

There are just four dungeons and general overworld fleshing-out left for me to complete.

So far, the quest has a full Light World that is more or less ready to go, barring the addition of a couple secrets here and there.

The Dark World is split into sections mostly based around topography, and as the player progresses through the quest, more of it is opened up. As I have just finished the 6th level (the actual ninth dungeon) almost all of it is now available once one has progressed that far.

The Pure tileset has undergone a moderate change. I've painstakingly replaced all the original cave tiles and the floor borders with those from A Link to the Past, and redid the overworld palettes to be a bit more vibrant. I've ditched the tiny houses that Pure uses by default in favor of full-sized Link to the Past houses. It does still contain a lot of Pure tileset elements that I plan to keep using such as mountains and a lot of dungeon assets, but it's very different now.

Now, this quest is not supposed to be super pretty nor ultra-detailed -- it's not ugly, but in this quest, function beats form every time. Nice visuals do not a great quest make, at least not on their own.

The difficulty curve so far is shaping up to be a bit steeper than I had planned, but it seems to be all right for now. You'd probably have to ask the people who have spent time testing things but I think the difficulty level is not too bad right now.

The myriad bugs in the Public Preview have almost been all fixed. There are some things that are just a little glitchy because of the ZC engine that I can't really do anything about, unfortunately, but what issues there are I have been trying to correct.

Scripting has also been cleaned up some. I managed to get ice combos and bottomless pits working together properly, as well as being able to fire the Hookshot while on ice and actually be grapple onto things. I have also been gifted a couple custom scripts from a couple people (thanks, Moosh) that have fit in just fine with only some minor tweaks or adjustments.

As for the Quest No. 744 Soundtrack, it is almost done. I only have two or three tracks left to complete. At that point it may be moving to my page on bandcamp.com (so you could grab it in a variety of formats and levels of quality), and the current Dropbox link would be acting as a backup mirror (for just basic-quality mp3s.)

That's about all I have to say for now.

#2 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:57 AM

Sounds good. Show us a screenshot of the new overworld palettes!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users