Photo

Screenshot of the Week 447

Benji Demonlink anikom15

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 447 (65 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:39 PM

Demonlink

Demonlink.png

Meh, another preview of what will be in my DoR Hybrid Tileset!

Benji

Benji.png

Ah, gotta love the smell of lava in the morning!

anikom15

anikom15.png

My humble little grove of love.

#2 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:42 PM

Demonlink: The overall screen design is decent, but the color scheme is a bit bright.

Benji:

"Ah, gotta love the smell of lava in the morning!"

Do I?

Anikom15: Simplicity works best this week, so I voted here.

#3 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:45 PM

Purple Link.

And sword.

Edited by Charizard, 16 March 2014 - 10:46 PM.

#4 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:38 PM

You're fired anikom15....btw I voted for you.

#5 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:09 AM

Demonlink: Looks good, But I see enough DoR shots all over the place and it gets old after awhile, But I do like how the lava looks. (Rank C)

Benji: This is the best shot ever, (Rank A+++) Voted here.

anikom15: Looks like simple classic shot. Simple in a way it stands out in a good way. (Rank B+)

#6 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:20 AM

Benji: This is the best shot ever, (Rank A+++) Voted here.

Wouldnt say the best/

Edited by Jacques, 17 March 2014 - 12:21 AM.

• Shane likes this

#7 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:22 AM

Wouldnt say the best/

Why not? Its mine and I can say its the best. :shrug: 

#8 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:25 AM

There's nothing wrong with seeing several DoR shots much as there's no problem seeing two classic shots in the same contest. I don't think that's a problem with the screen itself. I'm kinda tired with this type of "criticism". Plus, it's not DoR. It's DoR Hybrid. 8)

Anyway, critique time:

Demonlink: Yeah, your tileset seems to be progressing quite nicely. The palette is a little pale and dull, and the screen is too orange and brown. But I love the design and atmosphere going on. The lava edges could use more darker colours, too. Came close second.

Benji: Looks alright, nothing else. like Demonlink's, it just focuses on one colour. Some of the branch/root tiles are too close to the edge too. Design is fine, I suppose.

anikom15: Wow, several colours on the screen... What is this!? Love the design; simplistic and straight to the point and feels unique without trying hard. Also dat purple cset. Gotta love purple! The only thing you could work on is a bit of ground detailing.

Edited by Charizard, 17 March 2014 - 12:29 AM.

• Demonlink likes this

#9 Valientlink

Valientlink

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:30 AM

Voted Benji. Just felt very abstract. Just felt very busy and the HUD design gave me the impression of a difficult late game area.

#10 anikom15

anikom15

Dictator

• Banned

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:46 AM

Demonlink

I don't know if this is Venom from Star Fox or the horrible results of a burrito from Taco Bell. Regardless, what is going on with this palette? I mean it seems like it's brighter than the surface of Venus.

Benji

Hey, I love daylight white balance, so the red look is awesome, but can't there be some various shades of red in there? The design itself is pretty good though. I'm digging the lavafalls.

anikom15

Okay first of all your subscreen is all messed up. Why is the map on the right side? Now, this screen has a lot of problems, but I'm just going to point out the big ones. First of all look at the colors. Are you color blind or something? Do you realize that you are mixing green and brown trees TOGETHER ON ONE SCREEN?! What the heck is wrong with you? And what's with Link? Why is he all purple? He looks like he came straight out of Candy Land. Oh yeah, way to break rule number one of screen design: no open corners. It's like you're not even trying. I understand having some difficulty when you're just starting out, but when you blatantly disregard other people's advice and continually upload lousy screenshots, you really have some kind of problem.

Also what's up with the heart container piece? Way to spoil the quest.

• Shane and Demonlink like this

#11 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:56 AM

anikom15

Okay first of all your subscreen is all messed up. Why is the map on the right side? Now, this screen has a lot of problems, but I'm just going to point out the big ones. First of all look at the colors. Are you color blind or something? Do you realize that you are mixing green and brown trees TOGETHER ON ONE SCREEN?! What the heck is wrong with you? And what's with Link? Why is he all purple? He looks like he came straight out of Candy Land. Oh yeah, way to break rule number one of screen design: no open corners. It's like you're not even trying. I understand having some difficulty when you're just starting out, but when you blatantly disregard other people's advice and continually upload lousy screenshots, you really have some kind of problem.

Also what's up with the heart container piece? Way to spoil the quest.

In my opinion, it's the best shot I've ever seen in a while. A+++

• Shane likes this

#12 Astromeow

Astromeow

RESPECT DA OBOE SOLO

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:38 AM

PINK

'proceeds to vote for anikom

• Shane likes this

#13 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:09 AM

Voted for Benji's screenshot this week. It looks very fitting for a lava area, and I just generally love the look of the screen.

#14 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:24 AM

Demonlink
I don't know if this is Venom from Star Fox or the horrible results of a burrito from Taco Bell. Regardless, what is going on with this palette? I mean it seems like it's brighter than the surface of Venus.

You guessed it, it that new spicy burrito everybody wants XD To be honest, this palette is a work in progress, so don't think this is the final version ;)

• anikom15 likes this

#15 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:27 AM

Yay, this one looks amazing Demonlink :). Maybe the laval could stick out a bit more, but either way it feels a lot like Skyward Sword.
  • Demonlink likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Benji, Demonlink, anikom15

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users