• Please log in to reply
358 replies to this topic

#181 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 21 October 2015 - 10:55 AM

Special Announcement!!!

It has come to my attention that there is a strong interest for my live stream channel to have a schedule. It seems the Drop in and Watch approach just isn't working for most people. Because of this, I would like to address this particular issue, mainly because I feel the videos uploaded to my youtube channel will as well be more entertaining with a more engaging chat. 

With a schedule, I feel that I may be opening the window for viewers to join my stream who normally don't join my stream because they don't like my current approach. 

So I've decided to try something new, ahem:

NewJourneysFire's Weekend Streams

Welcome to NewJourneysFire Weekend Streams!

Are you finding yourself bored on the weekends?

Or did you have plans that unexpectedly got cancelled?

Well, you don't have to let this ruin your night!

Just drop into my live stream!

All Live Streams will start around 8:30pm - 9:00pm EST on Friday or Saturday, or both!

I will announce all live streams in advance if there will be any delays or cancels.

I will usually stream anywhere around 1 - 3 hours each session. 

See you there!!!

So what do you think? What this announcement means, that mainly my streams will now be a weekend operation, at a predictable window that you guys can depend on. Sometimes I may get in the mood for a mid week stream, and I'll announce those hours in advance. Like my weekend streams, I could delay or cancel them, but they should be expected to air around the same time as my weekend streams, which is 8:30pm - 9:00pm EST

I asked for questions on improving this channel, and you answered, therefore you made this possible. 

• Joelmacool likes this

#182 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 21 October 2015 - 12:15 PM

Nice! I love schedules!

#183 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 23 October 2015 - 08:10 AM

Welcome to the weekend, unfortunately, this is not a stream announcement.

Luck would have it, my modem gave out yesterday and I'm forced to use data on my cell phone to post this. I am expecting to receive a new modem today, or next week.

No modem means no internet, and no internet means no stream. I will post here again the moment I go back online. I am hoping it's today.

#184 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 23 October 2015 - 04:53 PM

NJF's Weekend Stream will be cancelled this weekend!

Sorry, but my modem gave out and I have no internet.

Unfortunate that my very first scheduled stream had to... Not happen.

I'll make up for it when I get my internet back.

#185 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 October 2015 - 08:53 AM

--- My internet is back!!! ---

Remember when I said I was going to make it up to you guys for missing my Weekend Stream?  Well, get a load of this!

NJF's Halloween Streaming

Welcome to NJF's Halloween Streaming! I kinda already started this a couple of weeks ago, but only streamed on the weekend. Due to internet failure this weekend, I'm actually behind schedule, and I could not possibly complete the games I want to complete in time. Therefore, I have decided to stream at my scheduled time throughout this week and Halloween Weekend. I might however stream a little later on Halloween because I'll want some time to relax after the trick or treating with my boy is done and he's gone to sleep.

I will start streaming tonight at around 8:30pm to 9:00pm EST, and will do so every day this week. I hope to see you tonight!

Note: I'll also resume my daily video uploads starting today. You should see two new videos uploaded to my youtube channel there soon. 

• Deedee likes this

#186 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 October 2015 - 05:53 PM

I've been noticing the PureZC Stream Announcement Thread isn't quite getting it's desired effect and that most Lets Players are going back to announcing their streams in their own topics. I feel this is because pinned topics in general are usually discounted as "information topics" such as rules topics or tips topics. 

Because of this, I'm going to return to sharing my announcements in this thread. The PureZC Stream Announcement Thread was a good idea. But I've been noticing that 80% of the streams are not being announced there. Therefore I also feel that people aren't looking there as much as they are looking at topics such as these. 

Sooooo... I've taken the opportunity to copy and paste this message I posted earlier from that topic to here:

Just a reminder that I'll be streaming around 8:30pm or 9:00pm EST tonight to continue my Halloween streams. Last night I beat Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, so if you missed it, please follow me on youtube to catch all my three playthroughs of Castlevania III where I play as all three characters, taking all possible paths, and exploring every level in the game. 

Tonight I will be continuing Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow. Last night I beat the game's end boss and revealed the first ending. But many of you know that Metroidvania Castlevania games tend to have a hidden end game boss and what's considered the true ending. This game is no exception to that formula. So tonight I'll be attempting to complete the game and reveal the real ending.  

I will post here to announce any delays if there are any. 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 27 October 2015 - 05:54 PM.

#187 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:14 AM

Tonight I'll be streaming Castlevania: Circle of the Moon at either 8:30pm or 9:00pm EST. Last night I completed Aria of Sorrow and immediately moved on to another GBA Castlevania game I remember loving back in the day. 

I'd also like to clear any confusion what I may mean by 8:30pm or 9:00pm EST without giving an actual consistent time of 8:30pm for example. The reason for this is that I still want to have a little bit of flexibility with my schedule. In this schedule, 8:30pm is usually my most definite time. But in situations like last night where it took my son a little longer to get to sleep. I started 9:00pm EST. Usually when this happens, I probably will start up the stream early, but I will not start playing until 9:00pm. 

So in a way, 8:30pm is the main time people should be joining my stream. I leave a 9:00pm start time option as an optional unannounced delay. Any delays after 9:00pm is announced mainly out of consideration.

Leave it to me to make something not confusing sound very confusing.

So to make it less confusing:

• I start 8:30pm EST.
  • If not 8:30pm, I start 9:00pm EST.
  • If not either of those times, I'll announce the delay.

That simple!

#188 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:51 PM

Just announcing a delay in tonight's scheduled stream. My son is still awake, so I'll need to delay my stream to 9:30pm EST. This should give him time to fall asleep. 

#189 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 October 2015 - 05:38 PM

I'm going to be starting my stream around 9:30pm EST tonight. The reason I am starting late tonight is because I want to get a few Halloween decorations up. I'm a little behind my schedule, and I want to catch up.

Also, I won't be sharing any videos tomorrow for the very same reason. 

#190 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 October 2015 - 08:18 AM

I'll be streaming right now off schedule there now, just for fun. 

This stream won't be recorded, and I'm also not bothering with the mic. I want to replay The Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures, and I just decided like streaming. Drop by if you want. 

http://www.twitch.tv/newjourneysfire

#191 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 October 2015 - 02:18 PM

Tonight I will be playing Odallus: The Dark Call at around 8:30pm or 9:00pm EST. This is a relatively new game released to Steam this summer, and it went on discount for the Halloween weekend. I only played for a few minutes just to try it out, so I haven't really even played this game much yet. So most of this playthrough tonight will be first impressions on the game.

This game is praised for being the new classic Castlevania. In many ways, it practically is a new NES Castlevania using an art style typically found in most NES games. 

I'm excited to see what this game is all about. I hope to see you there. 

I'll post an update here if there are any planned delays. 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 30 October 2015 - 02:18 PM.

#192 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 31 October 2015 - 08:17 AM

Happy Halloween! I am going to have another unofficial stream. I'm going to play Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures again. I'm trying to get an achievement you get for beating the game on Halloween Weekend. I tried getting it yesterday, but apparently they said Friday isn't counted as part of the weekend. Who knew. I'm going to try it again, and if it doesn't work, I'll use the stream video to prove that the achievement may be broken. Either way, you guys can come watch the stream if you like.

Like most unofficial streams, I won't be going on mic or uploading this to youtube.

I am starting right now if anybody wants to watch. 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 31 October 2015 - 08:18 AM.

#193 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 31 October 2015 - 09:52 AM

Okay, it turns out I need to have a Pumpkin head to get this achievement. The description of the achievement is a bit deceiving because it says beat the Game on Halloween Weekend. 

But it's more of an event than a weekend. They need to update the game with the Pumpkin head before the achievement is available. I wish I knew that before beating it twice. lol

Perhaps next time I play this I should do an official stream, I wouldn't mind doing it right the next time. I'd say that's what I'll do. Thanks for watching.

#194 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 31 October 2015 - 06:02 PM

NJF will be streaming Castlevania: Circle of the Moon at around 8:30pm EST or later on Twitch.

#195 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 31 October 2015 - 08:01 PM

Circle of the Moosh stream happening. Woaaaaah!

http://www.twitch.tv/newjourneysfire

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Stream, HLP, ZC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users