Stream HLP ZC

• Please log in to reply
358 replies to this topic

#256 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 May 2016 - 12:41 PM

I apologies for my stream stopping so suddenly last night. 

A TDR error has caused both the game I was playing and OBS to crash. Because of this I lost some video footage. Fortunately, I only lost footage starting at the school which means I haven't lost much progress, and there was an older save file conveniently at the very location I lost footage. So in my next stream, I'll be starting the school part all over again.

I am going to spend extra time this week playing more games and troubleshooting this TDR issue. I need figure out if this is a problem with Windows 10, my drivers, or the graphics card itself. The graphics card is under warranty which is fortunate, but lets hope it doesn't come down to that because I really don't want to mess with sending the card back and being unsure if what is returned will be better or worse. 

Update: Nevermind, so much for having that backed up save file. The game decided to glitch out on me. When I loaded up the old save file to overwrite the new save file, it for some reason overwrited the old save file with the new save file when I saved. How on earth does that happen??? That's like throwing away an old piece of paper with a new piece of paper only to turn around and see the new piece of paper was replaced by the old one.

Either way, this is going to be a frustrating week for me I think. lol

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 01 May 2016 - 12:47 PM.

#257 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 May 2016 - 02:27 PM

More South Park: Stick of Truth tonight. A simple reminder that this game is NSFW. You've been warned.

8:30pm or 9pm EST

http://www.twitch.tv/newjourneysfire

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 07 May 2016 - 02:28 PM.

• Deedee likes this

#258 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 May 2016 - 07:59 PM

Tonight there will be half an hour delay. I'll be starting at 9:30pm.

I'll post again if anything changes before then. 

• Deedee likes this

#259 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 May 2016 - 08:26 PM

I'm forced to cancel the stream tonight. I'm having technical issues with OBS. It's refusing to capture Chrome, therefore I cannot capture the chat. This might have something to do with last week's crash. Also, my son is still awake more than an hour past his bed time singing away in his bedroom just refusing to go to sleep.

Sometimes this stuff happens.

I'll return next week to continue the stream. I'll have the issues with OBS resolved by then I hope. 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 07 May 2016 - 08:26 PM.

#260 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 08 May 2016 - 01:53 PM

Okay, time to report some good news. I got the problem fixed with OBS and Chrome.

Not entirely sure what caused the problem, but after doing some google searches, I received a tip to disable "hardware acceleration" in Chrome settings and it worked wonderfully for me. 

Now the chat appears just fine. But what exactly is the hardware acceleration setting? and why did it become a problem now?

#261 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 May 2016 - 04:55 PM

If all goes well, more South Park: Stick of Truth tonight. This game includes NSFW content.

8:30pm or 9pm EST

http://www.twitch.tv/newjourneysfire

#262 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 16 May 2016 - 05:50 AM

Youtube is an asshole.

For all this time I was able to copy and paste youtube thumbnails in my videos and everythere would be just fine as long as I don't edit the videos anymore.

You'd think this would be consistently fine.

But oh no. Not youtube. 

Lately my recent videos I find youtube is constantly changing the links of their thumbnails which means sharing thumbnails in PureZC may no longer be an option. 

I am not getting into the habit of uploading thumbnails on a 3rd party website just for the sake of sharing them on PureZC either. This means I may be done sharing thumbnails here from now on. 

I'll try a few more times, but if youtube keeps being a dick, I'm sorry. :P

• Deedee likes this

#263 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:56 PM

More South Park: Stick of Truth tonight. Also, there'll be some changes. I am now going to be operating at both Low definition and high definition and I've made some changes to the format.

High Definition: This channel will be love in 720p and will now include a Facecam. This is my main channel, so all youtube recordings will be recorded from this channel. This is where you'll wanna be if your internet can handle it.

Standard Definition: I will be streaming at 480p here. No Face Cam, and no recording for youtube here. This channel exists for people who have slower internet and is unable to tune into my high definition channel. I'll still be able to follow the chat, but it'll get less priority, and the chat will not appear in the actual recording that'll be uploaded to youtube. 

Remember folks, this game is NSFW.

9pm or 9:30pm EST. <<< You may notice here that my schedule has changed. I will be starting later now in the summer.

Main Channel (HD): http://www.twitch.tv/newjourneysfire

Standard Def (Low Bitrate): http://www.twitch.tv...journeysfirelbr

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 20 May 2016 - 04:56 PM.

#264 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 May 2016 - 07:30 PM

No streaming this weekend, sorry. I'm just really burned out from Twitch and Youtube. 

#265 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 June 2016 - 07:32 PM

More South Park: Stick of Truth tonight.

I'd say around 9:30 EST tonight.

Don't forget, content is NSFW.

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 04 June 2016 - 07:33 PM.

#266 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 June 2016 - 05:45 PM

I'm going to be doing unofficial streams every night until next weekend.

I'll still be doing an official stream either tomorrow or Saturday, so be on the look out for the announcement. Tomorrow I'll be continuing my official Stream of South Park: The Stick of Truth. 

But you can tune in tonight or any day until next weekend for unofficial Dark Souls II streams by me. 

#267 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:27 AM

More South Park: Stick of Truth tonight AND tomorrow night.

Full weekend this time because I won't be streaming next weekend. 

I'll be starting either 9pm or 9:30pm EST.

Don't forget, content is NSFW.

Don't forget I'll be doing a lot of unofficial streams this week too where I will be playing Dark Souls II and some other games. 

#268 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 June 2016 - 08:45 PM

After a failed attempt at streaming South Park tonight. 

I swear the game must be completely broken. I'm going to delete the game and try a fresh install. But I will also take a break from this game for awhile because it's been causing me frustration recently.

I'll return to streaming Zelda Classic stuff in my next stream. 

#269 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 June 2016 - 02:15 PM

Just a little notice that now that I'm actually finally catching up to my backlog of youtube videos, you'll probably see a decline in video flow from daily to every 2 or 3 days. 

I'm simply running out of videos to share and I'm not streaming as much as I used to.

This doesn't mean that I will start streaming more either to produce video flow. I'll still only do official streams once a week and even skip weekends. Unofficial streams where you'll see me just play games I like will still continue more frequently.

The reason I am continuing to cut back on my official streams is because they are produced for people's entertainment, unlike the more laid back unofficial streams where I don't even have to say anything at all. Recently however my official streams have been losing a lot of popularity and I can only assume that they are probably not as entertaining as I once thought they were. Which is fine, not everybody is an entertainer, I'm not an entertainer.

I've come to analyze the traffic on my channel and believe without a shadow of a doubt that the only games I play that gather reasonable interest are Zelda Classic games. Also, I've noticed that my streams are failing to provide that much entertainment since I've probably become one of the least popular streamers on here. The reality is that there are other streamers here that are much more popular and who are better at this than I am. People like MeleeWizard, SKnuckles, Jubbz, DCE, Eddy, Team, TopKirby, and many more who have proven to be much better at this than I am. 

So ya, this doesn't mean I'll stop streaming. But as far as streaming as an entertainer is going. There is no future in that for me, and therefore it's safe to say my official streams and my youtube channel are both dying. :P But don't fret, I'll stick around to official streams as long as I can while I continue to do more unofficial streams in the future. 

This is mainly a time management decision overall, because I want to focus more time on things that are more important to me. 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 14 June 2016 - 02:17 PM.

#270 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 25 June 2016 - 06:18 PM

This is a short video announcing my temporary departure from youtube. I've just been so burned out from Lets Plays that I simply don't even want to do them anymore lately. 

While I'm on hiatus, I recommend watching content by Yloh who's currently streaming Souls of Wisdom right now, and there's also Sacred Hooves who's dedicated recent interest into playing more Zelda classic quests. You'll often regularly see me commenting on Yloh's Lets Plays of Souls of Wisdom or joining Sacred's streams when I can. 

I'll try to return to doing Lets Plays as soon as I can.

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 25 June 2016 - 06:28 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Stream, HLP, ZC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users