Photo

Screenshot of the Week 413

Anthus LTTP Franky

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of Week 413 (41 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:51 PM

LTTP
LTTP.png
A nice day at the swimming hole!
Hey, is that Saria in a new bikini?

Anthus
Anthus.jpg
"There's probably something valuable inside that cave.."

Franky
Franky.png
You fell down here from a sand pit on a spooky island.
There was a rock in your path until you stepped on the switch.
The bones are from people who fell down there and couldnt
escape. (PS: Ignore map. It's a place holder instead of glitched GFX)

Honorable Inclusion: NoeL
TheHonorableJudgeNoeL.gif
Oh Mario... what are you even doing here?

#2 Bourkification

Bourkification

Magus

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:03 AM

I legitimately want to vote for NoeL, why is that not allowed?

#3 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:08 AM

I legitimately want to vote for NoeL, why is that not allowed?

It's not a ZC screenshot. Mario was added in post production. :P

EDIT: Voted for Anthus. The graphics are absolutely terrible, but it's a very nicely constructed shot.

Edited by NoeL, 03 June 2013 - 01:10 AM.

• Anthus likes this

#4 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:30 AM

LTTP's is promising but has some conflicting graphics (e.g. the Pokémon trees vs. the much more detailed palm). Also, is that a cat in the water? What is this, the love scene in The Lion King? :P

Franky's has nothing mechanically wrong, but the premise of the shot doesn't speak to me.

That leaves Anthus... Like NoeL said, the graphics leave much to be desired--especially in the way of their palette--but otherwise, it's a well-designed shot.

Bottom line, I'm voting for NoeL Anthus.

#5 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:14 AM

LTTP - BoaB shot done right. I almost voted for this but the NPCs look like they are pulling a Final Fantasy X standing on top of that water. Plus, shouldn't the terrain be descending instead of ascending in that pool of water? 

Anthus - My vote went here. Very solid use of custom graphics, but I'm not sure if that Link sprite fits well.

Franky - Nice layout, but there really isn't anything that screams in that shot.

NoeL - Ghost Trick Mario Detective

#6 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:03 AM

NoeL - Ghost Trick Mario Detective

I don't get it.

#7 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:06 AM

NoeL has officially won screenshot of the century.
  • Tree likes this

#8 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:17 AM

Am I the only one who has been staring at that Mario for far too long?

Voted for Anthus.

-Strike

#9 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:23 AM

Am I the only one who has been staring at that Mario for far too long?

Voted for Anthus.

-Strike

I've been staring at it for ten minutes. Help me...

#10 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:25 AM

this poll has an error

i cant vote for noel

i waaaaaaaaaaaaanna ;-;

Voted for Franky.

Edited by Shane, 03 June 2013 - 08:25 AM.

#11 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:45 AM

LTTP - I see you are attempting a lot with transitions here.  Grass to beach to shallow water to deeper water.  Kudos at the attempt, and hopefully you can build from there.  A criticism I have is that maybe you're trying to do too much with just one screen.  After all, one ZC screen is quite small, especially for a set like DoR that makes a lot of things look bigger.  Perhaps less stuff for the grassy area (at least enough to know that it's there and waiting for you in the next screen), to give more room for what is a rather narrow beach area, an area that intends to be the main focus of this screen.  B

Anthus - These graphics are growing on me in some capacities.  I'm not a fan of the color choices or the trees, but I do like them otherwise.  A conceptually simple screen that has very nice detail.  I love seeing those in SotW.  My vote, because despite my dislike of the colors, the design is pretty swell.  A-

Franky - They are caves.  Not too shabby, but not as interesting as some of the other screens.  B

NoeL - Made my day.  If this could be done in ZC and was thus a voting option, it would no doubt get my vote.  So, Mario Jackson, eh?  Looks like he lost some body fat for the part, and is now strangely taller than Luigi.  My rating of course is for the actual screen (thus ignoring Mario Jackson).  I like the graphics and the design, as it's all in good taste.  A-

#12 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Banned

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:35 PM

I probably would have voted for LTTP's had I not entered. I like the water transitions. My only complaint is the rock right on the edge of the water on the left looks weird. It seems like it would only be partially submerged. Franky's was cool too, but I don't like the palette too much. The set up is nice though. The more I looks at it, I think it's just ther color of the water I don't like. NoeL's is pretty neat too, even without the Mario Jackson. I like the walls, and I never thought I'd like that perspective type for Zelda dungeons, but it looks spiffy. Will that Mario sprite appear in your quest, or was that purely for a joke? It would make an awesome 'Triforce to pass' room :P

#13 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:16 PM

Voted for NoeL. 

#14 LTTP

LTTP

LTTP

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:43 PM

GIMI DEM VOTES :D
I'd vote for u also Anthus if I didn't enter ;)

@Anthus

I actually changed said palette since this screen shot, I should of re-submitted but to late now >_< I'll see what I can do about the rocks
@nicklegends

Ya. I agree. maybe I shoulda used the other palm tree instead that actually goes with the rest of the trees!
@Dawnlight

Actually they are half in the water, prob hard to tell that they are in such a small screen shot tho... and I don't get what you mean about the pool of water tho.
@Nathaniel

Maybe u are right. It could be more open then this. I will go back to it n see what I can do!

TY ALL!!

Edited by LTTP, 03 June 2013 - 06:54 PM.

#15 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

LTTP - I do love your transparent water effects, and it doesn't so much look like the NPCs are standing on the water to me, as upon closer inspection it does seem they are partially submerged. I'll admit the pine trees look odd, but not due to clash, more due to composition. Their arrangement just looks slightly odd. Otherwise, it's a good-looking shot.

Anthus - I actually think this mixing of tiles looks nice. The only two issues I really have are that the mountains are the only thing that don't seem to fit in, and the colors seem off. A bit of tweaking, and this is a nice-looking style you got going. And like others have said, it definitely has the best composition of the three overall. So, my vote went here. :)

Franky - Fairly strong composition, I'd say. Not entirely fond of the style but you designed it well. The two parallel stalagmites kind of bug me, but otherwise, it's well designed.

And a special thanks to NoeL, whose submission was an attempt to help get the contest along. Unfortunately as it wasn't taken in ZC, it couldn't be used in the contest, but it was too good not to include in the opening post. :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Anthus, LTTP, Franky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users