Photo

Screenshot of the Week 404

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 404 (48 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:10 PM

ZoriaRPG
IPB Image
The room is animated, including the translucent water, flowing from two locations with levels of transparency over and behind objects, and fire with a few layers in place, and one FFC (the flame over the lamp). Sadly, this image (without animation) falls short of the final view, but I tried to capture some of it. The items in the A and B boxes are magical refill and health refill objects.

klop422
IPB Image
Burn the tree, and the path will be clear.

Franky
IPB Image
Eh!

#2 SubconsciousEye

SubconsciousEye

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:35 AM

Awe... No 404 jokes... :C
You know what, screw this, I am nulling because of lack of 404 jokes in this. I am very disappointed.

#3 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:42 AM

Can't tell if you're joking or not, but just in case, this thread exists...

ZoriaRPG - This is an interesting idea. It almost feels like too much is going on in this particular shot, but I'd have to see it in motion to make a better judgment. I'm not sure what I'd suggest to make it better, though.

klop422 - It's fine for the most part, but I'm not sure what the point of that little bit of land touching the wall is. I'd cut that out, personally, unless it was to mislead the player into wasting a bomb there. If so, well, you spoiled that for the people seeing this shot. icon_razz.gif

Franky - The best of this week, though I have to wonder... what's with the palette? It all just looks... wrong... If it was in a better palette, it'd look so much nicer. But that palette is just... no... icon_worried.gif

#4 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:44 AM

This contest is really no contest. Franky's got a shot with refreshing colors and a solid subscreen. The water on the left is over-detailed, but that's a minor quibble.

klop422's is functional but nothing special--it doesn't prove why it should be the best shot of the week. And then there's ZoriaRPG's where I frankly don't know what the heck is going on. Maybe an animated GIF would be worth the effort next time.

Needless to say, my vote goes to Franky's tally.

#5 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:49 AM

@TS: I agree, I kept changing it around for fun and went with this because things were kinda golden. It looked better in the original palette I chose for it.

Edit: Also agree that the water is over detailed.

Edited by Franky, 03 April 2013 - 12:50 AM.

#6 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

ZoriaRPG: I actually very much like the shot, but the subscreen is actually stressing me out because there's so much in it. The minimap is the same color as the dungeon walls and it seems unorganized and cluttered.

klop422: This is a really nice classic shot. It is slightly strange to see a full-grown tree that's the same size as Link, though. icon_razz.gif

Franky: Well this is just beautiful. Your palette wonderfully complements the artwork displayed in the screenshot, and subscreen just emphasizes the matter. Well done.

My vote this week goes to Franky.

EDIT: Since we seem to be giving opinions about Franky's water (including Franky icon_razz.gif), I'm going to have to disagree with the sentiment that it's over-detailed. The shot is clearly depicting some sort of ruins/temple and I think it makes sense for the water to be unkempt around it.

Edited by Hergiswi, 04 April 2013 - 09:11 AM.

#7 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

Credit for the subscreen goes to Cukeman. icon_smile.gif Thanks as well Hergiswi.

#8 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:05 AM

ZoriaRPG-It takes great use of the 8-bit tileset.

Klop422-Quite a basic screen, but there's just something off about it, I can't lay my finger on it.

Franky- Everything I said about Klop422's is my opinion of it.

Voted for ZoriaRPG.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users