Photo

Screenshot of the Week 400!!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 400 (82 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:48 AM

Anthus
IPB Image
Links quest carries on, even through illogical pyramid exploration.

Aslion
IPB Image
Adorn me in feathers from dead birds and contemplate the size of leather palettes to wind me in, put shutters on my eyes.

Schwa
IPB Image
A titan of one's most lucid nightmares. Don't get hit.

kurt91
IPB Image
The final version of my "Lost Forest" area. Fitting name, eh?

Supindahood
IPB Image
tHP

Theryan
IPB Image
They never let poor Link join in any Peahat/Lynel games

Moosh
IPB Image
How badly do you want what's in that chest, Link?

Master4sword
IPB Image

justin
IPB Image
Link finally finds the Temple of Time. Ironic that its been lost for so long.

Orin XD
IPB Image
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until they are ready.

nicklegends
IPB Image
I don't like where this is going...

SpacemanDan
IPB Image
Oh man. It's a thing and a dude. O:

Shane
IPB Image
They call this the Awakening Woods. Prophecies claim a hero would awaken in these quiet woods.

Franky
IPB Image
There's some stairs underneath that bush!

Sepulcher
IPB Image
I didn't have time, so I made something really quick. Sorry guys, but it's better than missing SotW 400.

Koh
IPB Image
Koh entered for once in a long time! An experimental tileset....are you interested?

Marco
IPB Image

Geoffrey
IPB Image
Golden Trigger Chrono Sun ZC 2013 yo.

Nick
IPB Image
I've not entered since SotW 64.

LinktheMaster
IPB Image
A familiar foe from Fairy Dream Classicâ„¢.

Jared
IPB Image
I wonder what's inside? Only one way to find out. Happy 400th Screenshot of The Week!

#2 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:54 AM

My shot is a remake of sorts of an older SotW shot of mine. Let's see who spots it first...

#3 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:57 AM

This was a tough one for me. But I eventually went with Geoffrey. It was very unique and well designed. icon_smile.gif The palette could use just a little work, but not much so it's fine that way as well. Good job everyone. icon_biggrin.gif

#4 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:58 AM

A lot of good shots here, but I'm gonna go with Marco! I love the feel for that screen. Great job to everyone else though, my pick is a bit biased based on my style. So no need to feel bad!

#5 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:59 AM

Mother of god.

There all just so wonderful, I'm torn up on which one to vote for... I'll have to sleep on it.

#6 SubconsciousEye

SubconsciousEye

• Members

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:02 AM

Holy Sweet Mother of Jesus.

That's a lot of screens.

There is too many of 'em.

Cut them into sections for easier reading?

It hurts my eyes seeing all of these screens.

So.

I null'd.

#7 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:44 AM

Holy crap. 21 entries. This is just... amazing. :o Thanks so much to everybody who submitted. This will be a week to be remembered!

Anthus
Solid classic screen with just the right amount of detail.

Aslion
Well-designed GB screen. The water color looks a bit off, though...

Schwa
Great subscreen! But it's hard to tell what's happening on the screen itself.

kurt91
It's just tough to make out anything. I wish transparency in ZC looked more appealing.

Supindahood
Nice colors, just enough detail, and a beautiful subscreen.

Theryan
The greens are just a tad dark, but otherwise this shot is about perfect.

Moosh
Nothing bad, but nothing too special.

Master4sword
The perspective is a little odd to me, but I do like the setting.

justin
I didn't even know it was possible to pack so much detail into a desert shot. Wow.

Orin XD
Nicely executed shot. I like the layers of rock in the corners for some reason.

nicklegends
Oh hey, I recognize this shot. Uh... the road on the left seems a little flat. I appreciate the detail in changing the enemy colors. How do you keep them from crossing sides? "No enemies" flags?

SpacemanDan
I like the setting a lot. I know it's hard to help, but the perspective difference between the wall and the trees gets to me. Good overall.

Shane
Beautiful. The trees are well placed, the colors are nice. The pillowy dirt is a bit odd, though.

Franky
Solid design, but doesn't grab my eye.

Sepulcher
Yeah, sorry... A tree would be nice.

Koh
Yay, a new tileset. Looks good, but misses that "wow" factor.

Marco
Really nice. I love the starry background and highlights on the walls.

Geoffrey
I'll reserve judgment until I see this in action.

Nick
That screenshot would have been the bee's knees way back when. Welcome back to the contest.

LinktheMaster
Nothing too special.

Jared
I have to admit, I do want to know what's inside!

After much thinking, I'll give Shane my vote despite entering myself. Marco and Theryan were very very close. Thanks again to all the entrants!

EDIT: In case anybody is wondering, this contest is included in the most recent SOTW stats update just so I can see how much it distorts the page. I wouldn't normally put the current contest up there.

#8 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:27 AM

Holy mother of Jebus... that's a lot of entries! And so many of them are so good!

I honestly can't decide. icon_shrug.gif Trying to restrain the temptation to null...

#9 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:42 AM

Biggest contest I've seen yet. I nullvoted, not because I was in it this time, but because there's too many good ones to choose just one XD.

#10 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:00 AM

Theryan was a clear choice for me. I thought it was the most colorful and well-structured shot out of all the entries this week. Supinthehood was a close second, but I wasn't a big fan of how overly green the shot is.

#11 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:10 AM

Ah, what a wonderful turn out. But I am disappointed, I expected better quality shots.

Anthus: Simply too bright, with the warm color hues. The background transitions could be defined way better.

Aslion: Palette is too dry, or the screen would have been one of the better ones.

Schwa: I like it, however the colors seem to be a bit off IMO. I cant put my finger on it, but eh. I'm sure it looks better in game.

Kurt91: I cant begin to disect the screen without those annoying, loud fog clouds covering everything. Honestly it seems like something you took from Lost Isle.

Supindahood: I would like to say your flow is nice on this screen. Though I am not fond of the meshed colors. The transitions are right, but the colors used are not.

Theryan: Alas, the best screen. Perfect vibrant color, nothing too crowded nor bare. It is so simple, outshining the others.

Moosh: Too pure.

Master4sword: I can see where you were aiming for your shot. However this screen is too simple, boring and bland.

Justin: This screen had potential, but was ruined with extreme amount of detail and little 'proper' contrast

Orin XD: This shot stands out. Yes, it is nothing new, GB and let alone a basic set up. But there is something outstanding here that just catches my eye. Nice work.

nicklegends: This is interesting. This concept could have been done better, I feel the screen is too common, but if it were designed more unique this shot would be the winning one. I've yet to see this anywhere else in ZC.

Spacemandan:
ehh. Poor graphics quality, sorry.

Shane: I like this. This area is harmonious, it feels and appears as. However this is mere DoR, used in every other normal way by just about every other quest designer.

Franky: Ahh, I wasn't too sure where to start on this screen. It is very cluttered and crammed. My eyes literally had to find where the player would start, do things, etc.

Sepulcher: Another common DoR screen. Nothing WOW.

Koh: Back in the day, I really enjoyed your tileset. Though, looking at your screen and graphics now, I feel the set is below par and the graphics are too.. meh. Below par stuff here, sorry.

Geoffrey: I enjoy your effort and goal. Yet, I dislike this shot. I have a feeling you made it more for art, than actually becoming ZC chrono trigger.

Nick: This shot is an under dog. This shot is also soo elementary in ZC age/standards that personally it seems better.

linkthemaster: I like this. then again, it is another normal screen.

Jared: That castle brick grey throws off the screen, it is not proper contrast. Even with this, the general direction of your screen is average, but on the good end of average.

#12 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:44 AM

Dear lord.... gimme several hours to look at this.

#13 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

Anthus: It's pretty I guess, but not really playable. It's clear that it was just made for SotW. Disqualified/10 So I was wrong. Knowing that this actually is a playable screen and Link was just put up there for added effect I give this a solid 7/10.

Aslion: Not a fan of the Newfirst (or at least I THINK those are Newfirst) mountains in EZGBZ. Other than that a solid screen. 8/10

Schwa: Schwantastic! A winrar is you! 10/10

kurt91: I'm sure this would be a very pretty screen if I could actually see it... 3/10

Supindahood: Meh. The tileset's nice, but I just don't feel this one. 6/10

Theryan: It looks really good, but I feel it would be better without the incomplete subscreen included. 9/10

Moosh: IPB Image 0/10

Master4sword: Fantastic in its simplicity. You don't need to cram a ton of ground detail to make a great screen. 8/10

justin: The desert of remembrance I'd just as soon forget. Weep for poor Radien, weep for the stagnation of his tileset. 6/10

Orin XD: The screen is rather boring and the sprites are...Meh. Nice subscreen, though. 6/10

nicklegends: A nifty idea but I'm not sure how fond I am of the execution. 5/10

SpacemanDan: You know what's a nice thing about screenshots? Actually being from a quest that's currently being worked on. dan/dan

Shane: Awakening...woods...snoooooore. There's just something about this screen that makes it incredibly boring. 4/10

Franky: It's bold! It's new! It's Franky! And if you dial 1-800-FRANKY you get a second one FOR FREE!~ 7/10

Sepulcher: It's. It's a screen. A screen that looks rather nice actually. Good job. 7/10

Koh: This set needs a completely new word to describe it. Thus borugly, a combination of boring and ugly, was born. 2/10

Marco: Is it bad that I can't tell if this is actually a new screen? 6/10

Geoffrey: Maybe it's just the large screen size screwing with me but I'm not even entirely sure this was made in ZQuest...Even if it was I'm very sure that it's not actually playable. Disqualified/10

Nick: A nice simple BS shot. 6/10

LinktheMaster: Simple, yet appealing. If you used scripted stuff like this to enhance a regular old classic style quest that'd be a dang blasted good quest. Just saying. 7/10

Jared: Nothing to write home about. 6/10

Edited by Moosh, 04 March 2013 - 03:50 PM.

#14 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Banned

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:35 PM

This has to be the biggest SotW I've ever seen o-o

It's pretty I guess, but not really playable. It's clear that it was just made for SotW. Disqualified/10
It's playable. You're not supposed to be on the pyramid, but I did that with cheats for the effect. Anyway, this is just a screen in a desert that you pass by (from the bottom to the left). And thanks.

Aslion:
Good shot, but the cake mountains do not look good next to the regular mountains.

Schwa:
I like what you've done with the health bars here.

kurt91:
Hm, I agree that there is too much fog to tell what is going on. You have to squint, and stare at the screen to see the details. I saw this in the screens thread, and I liked the older/ other palette better icon_smile.gif

Supindahood:
Amazing shot here. I would have voted for this. I love the water details, palette, and tiles.

Theryan:
This is a very pretty shot. I like the palette a lot here. I would give this second place.

Moosh: Solid Pure shot, and nothing to complain about, really.

Master4sword:
This is a cool effect, but I think the stream ruins the perspective in the background, and the trees look kind of weird being half under the cliff like that. I know it happens in real life, it just loks odd tiled in ZC icon_razz.gif

Justin:
This is one of the coolest deserts I've seen. Those cactus' are awesome, and they look kind of like stone, but that is still a cool effect.

Orin XD: I like the design, but not the palette. I feel like it has too much contrast, and the lava is odd. I've never been a fan of such dark red lava.

nicklegends:
10 points for uniqueness. The shot in itself isn't extremely exciting, but it does have some nice attention to detail.

Spacemandan:
I like the trees, but I think the outline on them is kind of weird.

Shane:
There's a ton of green, but at least it's a nice shade. This is a cool shot, and captures the feel of a large, deep forest quiet well.

Franky:
There is a lot going on here. The colors on the stairs is also messed up.

Sepulcher:
Nice mushroom details, and palette.

Koh:
This is not a bad screen by any means, I'm just not a fan of the style so much. I tihnk it's mostly the mountains. The trees and ground are fine, but something irks me about the mountains. Maybe cause they are square like GB mountains, yet way more detailed so it looks odd?

Geoffrey:
Awesome rips, and kudos to using those mountains. It looks like a lot of work went into ripping these tiles, and it looks good. I think the colors could use some work (but the character is fine).

Nick:
This is a very solid BS screen, and it's refreshing to see. This isn't your fault, but I always found the BS grass so repetitive.

linkthemaster:
This looks like a cool challenge, but the screen's design is pretty basic. It's not bad by any means, just not vote-getting tier.

Jared:
I'm not sure why, but the grey castle walls seem to stick out too much. I like the cliff-to-wall transitions though.

Edited by Anthus, 04 March 2013 - 12:36 PM.

#15 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE(Anthus @ Mar 4 2013, 12:35 PM) View Post

It's playable. You're not supposed to be on the pyramid, but I did that with cheats for the effect. Anyway, this is just a screen in a desert that you pass by (from the bottom to the left). And thanks.

Oh okay then. Because Link was stuck up there I had assumed it was a glorified graphics showcase. I'll go back and update my post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users