Photo

Screenshot of the Week 388

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 388 (36 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

Anthus
IPB Image
A fence, the bane of any hero's existence. Challenge fences, and more!

Jared
IPB Image
*Insert "Here Comes the Bride" here*

Dragonite
IPB Image
I PureZC has fetish for river with a bridge crossing it, what do they have for a river with a broken bridge? icon_deformed.gif

#2 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

Anthus - There's a lot of style clash here, honestly. It's clear many of these tiles don't belong here, and it just doesn't look very good as a result. icon_shrug.gif

Jared - It's bright and hurts my eyes. Not really, in all actuality, it's greatly designed, but the colors are off and a bit bright. Something seems off about the slanted water bordering the grass at the top of the screen, too.

Dragonite - Voted here, even though many of your shots are already like this. I guess you're just good at it, and it is a nice screen, but you really oughta work on some variety. icon_razz.gif

#3 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:02 PM

Anthus - Yeah, Classic Link looks out of place with all the other cool graphics; so do the mountain tiles and the Classic tree tiles.

Jared - It looks like a hybrid of billowy clouds and rock sitting on the ground (unless it's supposed to be snow). Other than that, I really liked this screen. *Voted here*

Dragonite - It's a decent screen. I don't have any problems with it.

#4 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:18 AM

It's funny...I almost feel like I'm winning since I believe I helped work on that screen...Almost. I should have Dragonite submit all my shots for Screenshot of the Week from now on.

#5 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

I'm a sucker for SD3 grass

#6 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:57 AM

I voted for Jared, it feels different from your usual DoR quest.

Anthus: The design is perfect in my opinion, but however, the tiles do clash. I don't know if it's your goal or not but I'm not too much of a fan of it, sorry. icon_shrug.gif

Dragonite: Would have voted here but now that TS mentions it, all of your GB work kind of looks the same (not a bad thing, but it would be nice if you break your style for different areas and such).

#7 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Banned

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

I just want to point out, that all of our shots have a very similar walkable/ unwalkable layout icon_razz.gif Especially the two that aren't mine with the rivers and all.

It is interesting to see my shot next to better palettes, cause it makes me see how bad it was. I have since darkened it, but the tile aesthetic remains, cause it is what I'm going for.

I didn't expect to win, but I didn't think I'd be in last either, on to the comments.

Jared:
This is a nice shot, with a good layout, but I think the cliff formation in the upper right looks a bit off, especially with it being so close to a stream. It just looks unnatural. Also, I think the grass is a bit bright (is this something like calling the kettle black?) I probably would have voted for this nonetheless.

Dragonite:
This is a good shot, but I don't really see anything super special about it either. I do like your subscreen though.

Anthus:
Dude you suck, have you ever heard of shading making sense obviously not you n00b gtfo.

Edited by Anthus, 16 November 2012 - 01:27 PM.

#8 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:09 AM

Shane? You mean Jared, right? icon_razz.gif

Edited by Shane, 16 November 2012 - 12:09 AM.

#9 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Banned

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE(Shane @ Nov 16 2012, 12:09 AM) View Post

Shane? You mean Jared, right? icon_razz.gif

Oops, fixed. Sorry about that. icon_smile.gif

#10 Jenny

Jenny

braixen

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

Just as a quick post, my shot is not supposed to be super amazing, I just got a shot that I felt looked okay to get the contest going, I am perfectly aware it's not "Screenshot of The Week" material. icon_heh.gif

#11 Haylee

Haylee

~ The Ragin' Cajun ~

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE(Dragonite @ Nov 16 2012, 01:02 PM) View Post

Just as a quick post, my shot is not supposed to be super amazing, I just got a shot that I felt looked okay to get the contest going, I am perfectly aware it's not "Screenshot of The Week" material. icon_heh.gif

ANYTHING is Screenshot of the Week material, except maybe something with little detail(Like a certain quest I played recently.).

Edited by Zephyr_Eevee, 17 November 2012 - 07:43 PM.

#12 Jenny

Jenny

braixen

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE(Zephyr_Eevee @ Nov 17 2012, 09:43 PM) View Post

ANYTHING is Screenshot of the Week material, except maybe something with little detail(Like a certain quest I played recently.).
Actually that is not true, unless a shot is shit bricks amazing chances are it won't do well in SoTW, it's sad but it's the truth.

Also, why blatantly say a quest you played recently had little detail? :/

#13 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:09 AM

Anthus - 5 votes = 16.67%
Jared - 14 votes = 46.67%
Dragonite - 11 votes = 36.67%

Total Votes: 30

Jared
IPB Image