Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:15 PM

Hi everyone,
I present to you:

Puzzle Adventures Download [use version 2.5 to play]

grunerding.png - userbar

[url=http://www.purezc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=56679&pid=807539&st=0&#entry807539][img=http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd472/oratavA/grunerding.png][/url]

Zip file contains:
Island Adventure in english and german
and Space Adventure in english and german (unfinished though; there's no boss yet)

You have to set up the Ex1-4 buttons for Island Adventure. I'd recommend to use the asdf buttons if you don't use them for something else.
In every level you have to find the exit. There are 100 levels in each of the 2 adventures!

- Many many different puzzles, reaching from creative original puzzles to various kinds of block puzzles
- Selfmade tileset (not fully, but most of the tiles)
- You can save in any level
- English and German version available
- A great custom boss at the end of the game (Island Adventure Only)

Try this out! How many levels can YOU beat?

Yep, I now have released Space Adventure too icon_smile.gif. I gave up working on the boss, I'm sorry for this, but I will finish it sometime. It will probably take a couple of months before I do that, because I'm not really in ZC at the moment. I just felt it wasnt right to have this 99% finished quest on my PC for such a long time.

Level_1.pngLevel10S.pngLevel_4.png

Level23S.pngLevel_19.pngLevel39S.png

If you liked Island Adventure, you should try out Space Adventure too! If you have not played this game yet, then be sure to download, it doesn't matter in what order to play these 2 quests.
I have tested both quests in RC3 only, so I can't guarantee it to be bugfree in RC4 yet. I think it will work in both versions though. Edit: Tested it. Works perfectly in RC3 and RC4. + Update: some minor adjustments in some levels.
Edit: This works with the latest version of ZC (2.5).

comment, rate or ask for help in this thread. icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by Avataro, 26 April 2014 - 11:44 AM.

#2 arieltap

arieltap

Adept

• Members

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:08 PM

Thank you, Avataro, for a new puzzle quest! Finished or unfinished, it's still quite challenging. Presently, I'm playing Space Puzzles, having already completed the Island Puzzles. I'm glad there's 100 puzzles, because I want this to last! I'm on #52, right now, and I'm having a (mental) ball! icon_biggrin.gif

Update: I really like the way you give a little "lesson" whenever the method changes. I don't feel like I'm going to be tricked. The lesson gives just enough info to continue with the next puzzles, without making them easy. And (without really feeling it) the acquisition of experience develops into quite a complex memory game. Great pace on increasing difficulty!

Edited by arieltap, 30 September 2012 - 03:01 PM.

#3 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:42 AM

thanks for the compliments!

Update: I really like the way you give a little "lesson" whenever the method changes. I don't feel like I'm going to be tricked. The lesson gives just enough info to continue with the next puzzles, without making them easy. And (without really feeling it) the acquisition of experience develops into quite a complex memory game. Great pace on increasing difficulty!

Yes, these introduction levels that introduce new methods also did not have to be hard/puzzling, because their purpose is to teach the player how all the new puzzle elements work.

The only thing I hate about my Space quest is, that you can't push blocks from the metal platform, like you could push blocks into the water in Island Adventure. i now think that this takes away some of the fun

#4 arieltap

arieltap

Adept

• Members

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE(Avataro @ Oct 1 2012, 06:42 AM) View Post

The only thing I hate about my Space quest is, that you can't push blocks from the metal platform, like you could push blocks into the water in Island Adventure. i now think that this takes away some of the fun

Oh, rest assured, the fun factor is quite high! You've introduced a new (perhaps to just me) idea of the temporary step-block reveal. That kind of takes the place of the push blocks. But maybe someone will figure out how to push the blocks out into space, and you'll have to make another quest! icon_razz.gif

Update: Finished! Delightful two day questlet. Number 96 was sneaky (but a good kind of sneaky icon_wink.gif ) Thanks, again, Avataro! It was super-fun! icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by arieltap, 01 October 2012 - 04:31 PM.

#5 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:04 AM

congrats, arieltap!

Now I just need to finish the boss sometime, so I can upload the full version to the database already

Edited by Avataro, 27 November 2012 - 09:03 AM.

#6 arieltap

arieltap

Adept

• Members

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

Maybe no one is posting on this thread because they didn't need any help. That's great! But if folks aren't playing this because it's "not finished," they're missing out on some great puzzle fun. You can solve puzzles to the last one (99), and the fact that there's no boss does not make it anticlimactic. The puzzles were enough for me! icon_biggrin.gif

#7 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

I've tried both of these, and they're really fun! I like solving these kinds of puzzles.

My only complaints are the insta-kill spikes (Island Adventure) and enemies (Space Adventure). Having to time your movements to avoid these is really, really annoying in a puzzle game.

#8 Octorockoncrack

Octorockoncrack

Crystal Warrior

• Members

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:08 PM

Okay, I can't get past level 48 for Island Adventure. I've tried every way I can, but I can't solve it.

IPB Image

To move the barrel where I need to, I have to bomb the rock. But to get this bomb, I need to push the barrel in place. The only way I can get the barrel in position is to push the box to the right, and that prevents me from completing the level alltogether.

#9 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:05 AM

Ah, for this level you have to push the block to the right, this is the only way to complete the level. When you have the bomb, you have to use it on the red/blue switch to reach the house.

Edited by Avataro, 11 October 2012 - 09:48 AM.

#10 Octorockoncrack

Octorockoncrack

Crystal Warrior

• Members

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:05 AM

Okay now i am stuck on level 98 (Island Adventure). I didnt want to bother to ask, but after an hour of trying, it got a bit old. Also, dont have a pic for the level because i accidentally reset and went back to level 90 icon_sweat.gif

EDIT: Just found the other thread for this, and saw the hint for level 98 that you gave someone else. So yeah, nevermind. icon_doh.gif

Edited by Octorockoncrack, 15 October 2012 - 09:04 AM.

#11 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:08 AM

I'm stuck on Island Adventure with the blue/pink blocks. How do you activate the crystal? I suppose it's something really simple but it's escaping me.

PS: I'm playing this on 2.50 so I hope it's not a 2.50 bug :)

Edited by Jamian, 08 July 2013 - 10:06 AM.

#12 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:56 AM

I'm stuck on Island Adventure with the blue/pink blocks. How do you activate the crystal? I suppose it's something really simply but it's escaping me.

PS: I'm playing this on 2.50 so I hope it's not a 2.50 bug :)

You can hit it by pressing the A button, wich would be the sword in other quests.

I can by the way confirm that these quests are bugfree on 2.5, so I'll mention that in the first post ;)

#13 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:05 AM

I have tried that, it doesn't work for me. :confused:

#14 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:55 AM

I have tried that, it doesn't work for me. :confused:

I have no idea why it doesn't work. What exactly happens when you press the A button? Do you hear a hit sound effect / does the player move slightly forward a few pixels? If really nothing happens when you press A, could it be that you just haven't set up the key right? I have just tried it again and I do not encounter any issues..

The B button, for the bombs, is working though, right?

I'm sorry for the inconveniences.

#15 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:05 AM

Oh, gah, it is working now. I'm not sure why it didn't work before, it probably had to do with ZC.

Edited by Jamian, 08 July 2013 - 11:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users