Photo

Screenshot of the Week 353

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 353 (46 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:13 AM

skateboarder11
IPB Image
Temporary level names are fun.

Ventus
IPB Image
Link sets out on a new Adventure!..for his sword <_<

Jared
IPB Image
Just five more minutes...

William
IPB Image
Walking in a Winter Wonderland.

Angeal
IPB Image
Link, making his way over to grab the Heart Container Piece!

#2 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:12 AM

skateboarder11 - Voted here cuz of the temporary level name. Kidding. But it's pretty good, no real complaints.

Ventus - Same as above (minus the level number thing), not much to say, it looks fine.

Jared - That bottom left corner kinda seems empty somehow, and not in the "FILL IT UP WITH STUFF" way, just in the "it needs some kind of small object to make it seem less bland" way. I realize in my room I'd love to have that much empty space, but I'd probably still set something there to make it look nicer. Yes I'm weird like that. icon_heh.gif

William - Absolutely no complaints here, but it seems very similar to most of your other works. Guess I'm not sure what that has to do with anything, but the design is still solid.

Angeal - Excellent, perfect. It has a bit of an old-school flair (and for a reason), and I just love it that way. My vote went here, well done Angeal, and good luck. icon_smile.gif

#3 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:55 AM

I feel like voting for William today because he's offered us some nice shots recently that go under-appreciated. I like the water a lot.

#4 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:43 AM

I voted for skateboarder11. I really like the way the screen is designed, especially with all of the moisture water.

Ventus' shot is well done, and I really like the palette. It's rare for me to like two Classic shots in the same contest...Maybe this updated Classic business is growing on me. Anyway, I have no legitimate complaints. Well done!

Jared, I'm with TS. It's a great screen, but my eyes were drawn to the empty corner. Even just a little carpet or something would make it look so much better. Great shot, though.

I don't have much to say about William's shot other than, "Nice job." Nice job! icon_deformed.gif

I really like your screen, Angeal. If skateboarder11 had not wow'd me with his shot, it's likely my vote would have gone here.

#5 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:12 PM

skateboarder11 - B+
Simple looking, but nice.

Ventus - B-
I like the idea of the screen. Not my favorite by a longshot, but it works for a slightly enhanced classic.

Jared - B+
I like it too. Link may be snoozing, but you didn't snooze on the effort here.

William - B+
Love the theme and how everything is placed. Design is pretty good too.

Angeal - B+
I like the vast majority of it a lot. You seem to be pretty good with DoR. The only awkward part to me is the fence. I'm not sure why.

Very hard decision for me this time. I went with William.

#6 Supindahood

Supindahood

Wizard

• Members

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:20 PM

I love how you made the water skateboarder11. *votes*

#7 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:34 PM

icon_smile.gif

And i voted for Angeal icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif

Edited by judasrising, 16 January 2012 - 12:35 PM.

#8 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:21 PM

Skateboarder11: The colors and layers going on in this shot are very appealing, the general design as a square box room is pretty basic, but the waterfalls and flowing water are good touches.

Ventus: The ground details are grainy. The shot's design is decent, but my overall problem with it is the general messiness of the details on the ground. I don't know exactly how you would fix that concerning the nature of neo classic.

Jared: So, you designed a bedroom with MC interiors. I wasn't really drawn to the empty corner, I think it's fine like that. The only thing I think you should put there is maybe a carpet for in front of the doorway. Overall, it's a good shot, but it's just that.

William: It looks good, my vote will go here. My main problem is the atmospheric conditions. They pretty much never improve a screenshot, even if they look good/make sense in gameplay. What they do is make it look grainy, noisy, and hard to look at. But the design beneath the atmosphere is good.

Angeal: I don't particularly like the walkway tiles, my preference would be to the more uneven stone pathways in DoR, if you know what I'm referring to. I don't know if they're in PR, though. Overall, I like the design of this shot as well. Perhaps my main problem is the general green/brown to the shot with only 4-5 tiles and the house roof to break the monotony. Red and blue flowers when used in the right locations can do wonders for the colors of your shot.

#9 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:07 PM

I voted for Ventus; he made an interesting yet faithful classic palette, and I like that.

#10 blue_knight

blue_knight

Adept

• Members

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:31 PM

I voted for Angeal, it is a very nice "classic LttP" styled shot but a bit more detailed.

skateboarder11 - The floor tiles and water are pretty neat but I'm not a fan of the shape of the room.

Ventus - Nice "Neo-classic" shot (as someone above put it). This one actually stands out, in a good way. icon_smile.gif

Jared - Nice, non-square room. No complaints.

William - I like the snow and colors but I'm not a big fan of the rocky(?) borders.

#11 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:40 PM

I like all of the screens in this week!
Skateboarder11, the combination of blue and green in this temple looks fascinating.
Ventus, the trees could use brown stumps.
Jared, I like the blue wall parts in this house screen. Its just a little empty, but still good job!
William, oh this tileset is great! I wish I could make a quest in it, but I don't think it has enough tiles.
Angeal, your screen looks a bit cramped, even though it might be not.

I'm voting for Skateboarder, because I like it the most. icon_biggrin.gif

#12 Red Phazon

Red Phazon

Adept

• Members

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:59 PM

They're all good quality shots, but William's is my favorite. That water colored that way looks refreshing.

#13 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:47 PM

I nulled this week. Not only because I entered, but also for the fact that I am having a difficult time even trying to choose one that I would vote for. icon_lol.gif Great shots guys!

#14 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:02 PM

I, too, had trouble making my decision. Jared's, Ventus', William's and Angeal's shots all appealed to me, but I had to vote for Skateboarder11 and his cool Classic-based graphics. Sweet! icon_smile.gif

#15 William

William

Banditos

• Members

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE(Avataro @ Jan 16 2012, 05:40 PM) View Post

William, oh this tileset is great! I wish I could make a quest in it, but I don't think it has enough tiles.

Thanks! Yes, I am quite aware that this tileset is quite unusable for a quest in its current state. That's why I am attempting to add some new palettes, tiles and edits to the tileset. I plan on submitting a more complete version of the tileset when I'm done, if that would be okay with Lemon.

Anyway, there were some really good screens this week. I would've had a hard time voting had I not entered myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users