Photo

Screenshot of the Week 352

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 352 (37 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:38 AM

Octorockoncrack
IPB Image
Diamond Armor, a Crystal Shield, and an Icebrand. Seems like Link is staying cool, even in this heated chamber!

William
IPB Image
Link gazes with wonder through the shimmering midnight mist at the rising full moon as he reaches the top of Hyrule Castle.

Ventus
IPB Image
Man, I hate Mine Carts...

#2 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:46 AM

Octorockoncrack - It's a very ominous screen, very nice, and even the lava is nice and varied. Well done here.

William - My vote went here. Very nice design, good use of cloud cover, solid layout. I suppose the back of the base of the mountain is a little too straight; I would have moved that hill on the side up a tile or two, but otherwise, solid shot, it wins my vote.

Ventus - It's a good shot, but there's no real detail; the floor tiles on the lower level are all the same and it's pretty repetitive. Throw in a little variety, and it'll look a lot better. icon_thumbsup.gif

#3 blue_knight

blue_knight

Adept

• Members

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:57 AM

I voted for Octorockoncrack, that is a very nice looking lava dungeon you have going there. icon_smile.gif

William - the screen is pretty interesting and I like the fog effect.

Ventus - it's funny how much that reminds me of Minish Cap even though the graphics are nothing like MC. The first thing I think is: "are the mine carts functional." If so, then that's pretty cool from a gameplay standpoint. Otherwise the layout is good, though I'm not a huge fan of the colors. It looks like a quest I would play anyway. icon_smile.gif

#4 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:30 PM

icon_smile.gif

My vote goes to Octorockoncrack really like that screen icon_thumbsup.gif

#5 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:17 PM

Octorockoncrack. Nothing too special, but a solidly designed screen nonetheless.

#6 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:20 PM

William, for sure. As if the background weren't breathtaking enough, the screen itself is very well designed and looks to be pretty functional.

#7 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:35 PM

I had to go with William this week. I liked all of the shots this week, but William seems to really have outdone himself here. Love the tiles, great screen setup. icon_biggrin.gif Love it!

#8 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:15 PM

I voted for William. He is going for something above and beyond typical screen design
achieving a sense of depth, height, space and moody atmosphere that is seldom seen in ZC.

#9 Octorockoncrack

Octorockoncrack

Crystal Warrior

• Members

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:57 AM

Of course I nulled, but man, William has a really, REALLY nice looking screen there. Of course, the epic caption helps too. icon_lol.gif

I don't think I've seen those castle tiles anywhere before, are they custom drawn? They look really nice. A bit square, but really nice.

I do like Ventus's screen, but there are a couple issues I have with it. Even though you're using most of the screen space, it still feels...undetailed. Taking another look at it, it looks to me like everything is on layer 0, which can easily make your screen seem flat. I also get the feeling that you have a better looking screen in this dungeon/cave that you could've used, maybe it's just me. icon_shrug.gif

Then there's my screen. I don't really think I need to comment on my own work though, that's for YOU guys to do! icon_lol.gif

But, if anyone is curious, the formal name for that area is "Din's Realm".

Edited by Octorockoncrack, 12 January 2012 - 01:58 AM.

#10 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:56 AM

I voted for William for its sheer inventiveness. icon_smile.gif The other two are good, but they're typical. William breaks "typical" in half like a twig and I approve of murdering conventionality in cold blood.

#11 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:06 AM

I voted for William, but other than tileset choices I didn't see anything really unique about it. It has decent design but like many "epic entrance" screens it pushes everything too far to the bottom and you end up with a huge amount of negative space. That's sort of an unavoidable problem given the nature of ZC's screen size and scrolling, so it's not a huge deal, but it does prevent the screen from achieving really high marks in my opinion.

Octorockoncrack's was symmetrical and Ventus's was ho-hum dungeon design with some height errors.

#12 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:00 AM

Voted for OoC. Nice palette, the lava looks awesome, and you get bonus points for using my dragon statue thing icon_razz.gif

William's is just too damn grey for me. I can't love it icon_shrug.gif I also can't stand that tileset. So fugly.

#13 Red Phazon

Red Phazon

Adept

• Members

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:50 PM

Voted for Ventus for having the most interesting things going on. I think the screen could be improved though with less straight edges, possibly some nicer colors or color variety, and more organization (looks a little bit chaotic).

#14 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:59 AM

Octorockoncrack - 11 votes = 36.67%
William - 17 votes = 56.67%
Ventus - 2 votes = 6.67%

Total Votes: 30

William
IPB Image
Link gazes with wonder through the shimmering midnight mist at the rising full moon as he reaches the top of Hyrule Castle.

Congrats on a wonderful screen, William! icon_biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users