Official "What video games are you playing right now?" topic

• Please log in to reply
4811 replies to this topic

#3376 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:00 PM

I finished Akumajou Densetsu with Grant, I feel like I was cheating xD He is so overpowereeeeed on the jap edition. TS probably would love it, he doesn't have stiff controls! =O I want a edition with the best aspects of both editions =( Jap is too easy, International is too hard.

Btw, no love for Haunted Castle (arcade)? Not precissely the best in the series, but it's so wacky and over the top.... xd The ost is glorious, of course. 

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=P-u6jmihS68

We should open a Castlevania thread, it's becoming mainstream on Purezc o_O

Edited by Air Luigi, 06 August 2015 - 07:01 PM.

• The Satellite likes this

#3377 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:35 PM

Funny, I was just wondering last night whether there were any actual arcade Castlevania games that weren't gimmicky things like light gun games. As for the thread, I'm considering it...

... and I just beat Super Castlevania IV again on a whim for the heck of it. :heh:

• Air Luigi and HavoX like this

#3378 TK8305

TK8305

I <3 Miyu

• Members

Posted 07 August 2015 - 01:22 AM

I may re-LP it again at a later date and see if I can do better.  xD

I recently finished Mbw's 5th Quest in a test play, I'll be ready to LP it very soon.

#3379 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 07 August 2015 - 01:51 AM

Finished Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. It's a good game, but the bosses are waaaay too easy (Except Galamoth and 2nd Dracula encounter), primarily because they have abysmal health relative to the players potential DPS. To anyone else playing this for the first time, don't get the Crissaegrim as it is the most over powered weapon in the history of computer gaming and will render the entire inverted castle extremely easy.

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 07 August 2015 - 01:52 AM.

#3380 C-Dawg

C-Dawg

Magus

• Members

Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:30 PM

don't get the Crissaegrim as it is the most over powered weapon in the history of computer gaming and will render the entire inverted castle extremely easy.

Quoted for Truth, but let's be fair here.  Unless you specifically set out to obtain the Crissaegrim by grinding in the library for an hour or so, you're very unlikely to come across it.  It's your own fault; think of it like an in-game Game Genie.

The real abusive part of the game is Shield Rod + Alucard Shield.  You get spoon fed both items and as soon as you use em both together.. whoops, game is broke.

#3381 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 07 August 2015 - 05:17 PM

SOTN is always broken, I feel that the game is only balanced until the battle with the first Doppelganger (second boss) xD After that, it's a cakewalk. There are ton and tons of weapons and armors that can break the game, Crissaegrim is just one more.

Edited by Air Luigi, 07 August 2015 - 05:18 PM.

#3382 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 07 August 2015 - 07:17 PM

You think it's broken on its own, try picking up two. Or so I've heard. I don't know if I have the patience to grind a second one. :P

... starting that thread.

#3383 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:52 AM

I'm attempting to 100% Mario Sunshine, for no reason other than I'm bored.

I have screamed aloud on many occasions.

Edited by Tree, 08 August 2015 - 04:52 AM.

• HavoX likes this

#3384 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 14 August 2015 - 02:31 PM

Lately I've had the urge to go through random PS1 games since I never really got the opportunity to play any of those as a kid (didn't own a PS1). I'm saving some of the larger titles like Crash and Spyro for later, but I've currently been playing through this weird title that I'd never heard of until a few months ago called Jumping Flash! (the exclamation point is important):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyQI10yfl1E

It's a weird 1st person 3D platformer. The video makes it look really easy, but the difficulty ramps up a bit fast in World 2 and I've died a few times (I'm only at World 3 so far). It's definitely not a perfect game since it's easy to get hit and not know where it came from and the framerate varies depending upon where you are currently looking because of object drawing limitations. But it's kinda hooked me because of the weird charm and simple premise the setting has, the nice music, and the fact that the platforming is pretty controllable once you get used to it.

• HavoX likes this

#3385 Limebeer

Limebeer

You can do anything with the abuse of the Animal Husbandry skill

• Members

Posted 14 August 2015 - 10:52 PM

I have returned to playing Super Smash Bros for the 3DS. Mostly necause i got some DLC (Hyrule Castle, by far my favorite nostalgic stage) and because I want to get some better equipment. I'm still waiting for my DS Lite to come in as well as my order for the Minish Cap.  With all these Zelda games I've been playing and getting recently, I probably should just get the last one's I'm missing (Wind Waker and Skyward Sword) and just do a massive start-to-finish marathon of the series...

• HavoX likes this

#3386 Takuya

Takuya

spirit of fire

• Members

Posted 15 August 2015 - 03:18 AM

Just finished a 23 hour playthrough of Alien: Isolation.

Amazing, scary, suspenseful, beautiful game.

Visual design: stunning

story: great

gameplay: omg I am about to pee myself this is so ridiculously terrifying

:D

#3387 HavoX

HavoX

Has more posts in Doomworld than in PureZC

• Members

Posted 15 August 2015 - 10:02 AM

I played Panel de Pon yesterday, and had a chance to try out some of the tools that SNES9x offers... :sly:

It made combos and chains in Endless much easier (even on hard mode), but I did a sloppy job. I guess I need more practice.

Now I'm working on The Addams Family (SNES). I love that honking sound from Gomez taking damage. (I must be a goof or something)

Edited by HavoX, 15 August 2015 - 10:03 AM.

#3388 Limebeer

Limebeer

You can do anything with the abuse of the Animal Husbandry skill

• Members

Posted 17 August 2015 - 03:44 PM

My DS lite finally arrived as well as the copy of Minish Cap, so I can finally start playing my GBA games once again! :D Minish cap will be first, then on to Sword of Mana!!!

• Logos likes this

#3389 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 17 August 2015 - 08:22 PM

Started Four Swords Adventures at last and beat the first boss. This is officially my Castlevania intervention.

#3390 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:29 AM

Just got back from my vacation to Iowa, visiting family in the area. I spent a lot of time on planes, since I had to initially fly from Eastern Washington to Southern Idaho to meet up with my dad and brother, and after a couple days there, all of us flying to Iowa, swapping planes in Denver. I started playing "Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright" when I started the initial flight to Idaho. Played it a bit on late evenings when we weren't doing anything, and managed to finish the last Secret Episode as the final plane I took to return to Washington was landing. Pretty perfect timing, actually.

Other than that, I'm still grinding the stuff needed to get Star-ranked end-game Dream Eaters in Kingdom Hearts 3D, and when I finish that, I've got Bravely Default waiting. (I tend to only play one or two games at once, and save new games that I get for when I finish what I've currently got.)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users