Photo

Screenshot of the Week 314

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

Poll: ! (50 member(s) have cast votes)

!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:31 AM

Giggidy
IPB Image
You mean I can just write anything here and it'll be posted under my picture?

Purplemandown
IPB Image
"Enter South Goryia, an ancient chiefdom that has been destroyed by an ancient prophesy that came to pass..."

William
IPB Image

#2 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:15 AM

Giggidy: Screen is awesome.. 'Nuff said.
Score: 9.5/10 Voted

Purplemandown: I love what the screen has to offer the tiles go together in harmony and I don't believe there is one error on the shot the dried up river looks fascinating maybe turn on the purple trees into a red one? The red one sticks out like a sore thumb I can't put my finger on the reasons why.
Score: 8/10

William: Greet screen William icon_smile.gif. Through I don't prefer bloated detail on GB screens but rather a few to make it more relaxing also the pole sticks out like a sore thumb I dunno maybe a few more but as I said I rather not digging bloated GB screens this here is how I would pefer GB screens on ZC.
Score: 6.5/10

#3 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:22 AM

Relic Giggity wins. No contest. icon_heh.gif

#4 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 21 March 2011 - 06:24 AM

Giggidy, no question. I so hope you make this tileset complete, there's so many good starts that never went too far, but yours looks like it might well get somewhere. So good luck and nerves of steel for the task of getting tMC working in ZC!

Edited by Sheik91, 21 March 2011 - 06:31 AM.

#5 Moo2wo

Moo2wo

Yes, you're seeing this.

• Members

Posted 21 March 2011 - 06:33 AM

Giggidy definitely won my vote. Is that supposed to be a remake of the entrance to Level 1 in the first quest?

#6 Giggidy

Giggidy

We live for chaos so that we may die for ourselves.

• Banned

Posted 21 March 2011 - 06:37 AM

QUOTE(Moo2wo @ Mar 21 2011, 05:33 AM) View Post

Giggidy definitely won my vote. Is that supposed to be a remake of the entrance to Level 1 in the first quest?

What are you talking about? I just randomly threw elements togeth Yes. It most certainly is! Quite observant of you.

My sincerest apologies for entering. It hasn't even been 4 hours and the contest is already over.

#7 Yapollo

Yapollo

To Discover

• Members

Posted 21 March 2011 - 06:43 AM

Giddidy did an amazing job, but Purplemandown's DoR reminscent screenshot made me smile, so I voted for him.

William, once again you give me great memories of OoS.

#8 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 21 March 2011 - 07:39 AM

I know it's been said, Giggidy destroyed the contest, BUT, that doesn't mean I don't like the other screens:

Purplemandown: Awesome Pure shot! My only beef with it is how straight the cliff is for the moat. "Jagg" it up a bit, and it'll look fine =).

William: Nostalgic GBC Tileset, eh? Well, there's a bit too much going on here for what the GBC Tileset was designed for...if you want a ton of detail on one screen, while maintaining GBC Style, then it may be time to toss more colors on those palettes and begin pumping out an Advanced GBC Tileset, which I was attempting to do years ago icon_wink.gif.

#9 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:33 AM

QUOTE(Giggidy @ Mar 21 2011, 12:37 PM) View Post

What are you talking about? I just randomly threw elements togeth Yes. It most certainly is! Quite observant of you.

Isn't Level 1 supposed to be entered through a dead tree on an island? I can see how you change the dead tree to a normal tree, but where's the island? And where's the bridge? o_o
Still cool beans if you remade Z1 with tMC graphics, I'd dig that. Are you going to post a thread for your project any time soon?

#10 Giggidy

Giggidy

We live for chaos so that we may die for ourselves.

• Banned

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:27 AM

Sorry, but I'm not working on any quests at the moment.

#11 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:09 AM

Wow. Once again, MZC wins just by being MZC. Is there any actual skill put into SotW anymore or has it become a tileset war?

#12 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:41 AM

While Giggidy's is nice and simplistic, I went with William. The height change effect is very nice, and the screen overall is just the most appealing this week.

#13 Rastael

Rastael

Wizard

• Members

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:42 AM

Oh my god, that are one the greatest Pics, I have ever seen in SotW. This makes me really hard to decide. But in the end, I voted for William. ^^

#14 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:46 AM

I vote for Giggidy. Standard Minish cap screen, but still a great use of those graphics! 2nd would go to my man William. The God of the Ezgbz tileset! icon_smile.gif

#15 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 21 March 2011 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Mar 21 2011, 10:09 AM) View Post
Wow. Once again, MZC wins just by being MZC. Is there any actual skill put into SotW anymore or has it become a tileset war?
I'd also argue that Giggidy had the best screen design this week as well. The screen has good walkability and a nice open space in the middle, but avoids feeling empty. Ground details are used very well (I can't tell you how many times I've seen people use those rocks way too much), the screen flows nicely, and it's just easy to look at. It's an overall excellent screen and I'd be a little insulted if someone said it didn't take skill to put together. Also factor in that the screen isn't MZC, but a custom tileset, and a lot of the graphics were hand-ripped and fitted to a palette.

William also had a very good screen. The critiques that I have against it are very minor, but the bottom edge of the screen feels very bare, partly because the mountain face is running parallel to it. Pulling that part of the cliff up and adding some more meat to the lower-right corner might help.

I have the least to say about Purplemandown's shot; it's standard Pure fare and perfectly functional, but in my opinion just wasn't at the level that William's and Giggidy's shots were.

QUOTE(Giggidy @ Mar 21 2011, 06:37 AM) View Post
My sincerest apologies for entering. It hasn't even been 4 hours and the contest is already over.
Maybe I'll have to run against you and do something about that cockiness. icon_wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users