Photo

Screenshot of the Week 277

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 277 (59 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 03:24 AM

Twilight_Knight
IPB Image
Knil and Myra search for the first artifact on their way out of Hyrule

Furion
IPB Image
Bringing back the NES.

Kenster
IPB Image
What a relaxing time to stroll in the desert...wait,what?!

#2 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 08:18 AM

Furion; awesome Advance Classic usage, show 'em how its done!

As for the other shots, they're nice too, but Furion got it by a smidge more.

YAY, FIRST POST!

#3 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:04 AM

I wanted to vote for TK, but ended up going with Stottlemeyer Furion. I don't really like classic all that much, but I love that shot...

Kudos and a cookie to anyone who got that reference, as well.

#4 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:40 AM

I need to credit Plissken a bit at my shot because he gave some advice.

Furion's is really good. Aren't those tiles made by Xiion?

And I already told Kenster I really like his shot. It feels very pleasant.

#5 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE(Twilight_Knight @ Nov 15 2009, 08:40 AM) View Post
Furion's is really good. Aren't those tiles made by Xiion?

Yes. I ripped them from the great desert, recolored, and put them into a new tileset.

#6 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:13 AM

Twilight_Knight:
Wonderful way of shaping out this "water"/"shallow water"/"water level ground" scenario, with the deep and very deep water aligning perfectly.
As a matter of fact, this is the first screen that makes me wonder if the darker water is the less deep, after all, it's present near where the mountain connects water, too.
Must not forget the detailing and layout/shape of the organizing of the elevated part, they move the screen out from simple water theme.

Furion:
Wonderful use of these kind of Classic tiles, even if I didn't like Classic so extraordinary much, I would see this great layout. The layout itself, and the levels of detailing fit together perfectly.

Kenster:
More than good start, I feel it to be a bit empty (at least for SotW),but it's to be realized that I wouldn't feel like that if there was, like, a dirt patch or other non-sand ground that breaks the ruling of this much sand.

I will vote for Twilight_Knight today.

#7 Soarin

Soarin

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:16 AM

My vote goes to Twilight_Knight for wonderful screen shot.

#8 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE(Furion @ Nov 15 2009, 04:51 PM) View Post

Yes. I ripped them from the great desert, recolored, and put them into a new tileset.

Looks exciting! Do you already have an official thread for this? I'd like to keep up to date with progress.

And thanks, CastChaos. I know you like water themes.

#9 jietei

jietei

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:20 AM

I vote for Furion. I like the way the trees are placed, the screen doesn't look empty. I also like the others, but Furion is the winner for me. I would like to comment the others screens, though : Twilight_Knight one is good, there should be more green trees, because the others are generally rare. A pink one and a red one on the same screen, it feels weird. Kenster's one is better than his first, but it still feels a little bland. Too much rock, the mountain is too big, it seems like the perspective is off. And the picture is in .JPG, which is horrible.

(Sorry for my english, I'm Canadian, so it's hard for me)

#10 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:34 AM

Twilight Knight: For the most part, it's a great shot. The only thing that bothers me is that the top right corner isn't covered up...however, it's still a solid shot, and all the details are right. Good job. icon_wink.gif

Furion: Reminds me of Oracle of Seasons. I have somewhat of a beef with the lighter colors on the boulders, but otherwise, it's not a bad shot.

Kenster: Well, I'm not going to lie, it does leave room for improvement, but that's not a bad thing! You might not be the best, but you can only get better unless you just hate looking good. The shot is fairly fine- I don't think I have too much of a problem with the corners in a desert shot, but they wouldn't be a bad thing, either. The one thing that gets me is that if there's a body of water, there could be a bit of vegetation, to sort of give it an oasis feel. A desert typically doesn't have a pool of water that big without vegetation. The last thing that's sort of annoying is how close 3 of the rocks (and a cactus) are to the edge of the screen. It's just annoying to enter from the other screens to get bumped into them and have to move around them. Two squares away from the screen is typically the norm. Don't be disheartened, by the way. You've got some serious potential.

#11 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:38 AM

The shot is a base from Oracle of Seasons.

#12 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:38 PM

Twilight_Knight; that's what BB should look like.

#13 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:45 PM

Well, it is BBDX. icon_razz.gif

Thanks.

#14 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:50 PM

Twilight_Knight - 7/10
Looks very good. I love the details and outlines of the grass and the shallow water. Nice balance of tree placement.

Furion - 7/10
Very good classic screen. It does indeed bring back the NES, with just that extra touch. Details are great. I especially like the trees on the right. The ones on the left don't need that many colors to look right, but I suppose it didn't hurt in this case.

Kenster - 6/10
Quite simple, but I think you can get away with it more when using BS, which could be considered an underrated tileset to this day. Too bad I don't see it being used nearly as often as it used to be. All around it's a tasteful and very workable screenshot for almost any quest. The main reason I rated it lower than the other two is that it seems pretty safe in comparison. Still, nice job.

Tie breaker for me goes to Twilight_Knight, with a slight better edge on appeal.

#15 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:59 PM

I voted for Furion. I think it has really nice classic graphics. icon_drool.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users