Photo

Screenshot of the Week 274

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 274 (44 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:15 PM

Lord Settra!
IPB Image
A small park for the village-people to relax.

Nuvo
IPB Image
Pirate Tavern of Glenn Loses His Imagination

Prospekt
IPB Image
A sneak peek at my expo quest...

Majora
IPB Image
I love forest shots ;~;

Linkus
IPB Image
After a long absence, an old favorite returns to SotW...

#2 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:40 PM

Lord Settra: Nice. It really looks like a park.
Nuvo: Everthing about it is great! But how did the pirate ship end up in a place like that?
Prospekt: I love it! Looks like a pain in the butt to get through that screen, because of all the blocks, but it has wonderful design.
Majora: Nice. Nothing wrong.
Linkus: It really feels like MC. Great work!

Lots of good shots. I'm voting for Prospekt, because I love the classic set, and the screen has the best overall design.

#3 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:20 PM

Lord Settra!:

Ahh, yes, a peaceful park for villagers like this old couple to relax... that is, until an unknown assailant attacked both of them from behind by hitting them in the back of the head with a boomerang. icon_razz.gif Seriously, though, it's a pretty decent shot. My bits of advice: the paths are a bit too straight and symmetrical, and look out for the awkward walk flags around that line of trees at the bottom.

Nuvo:

A decent shot, but the lack of relative perspective and the general busy-ness make it a little hard on the eyes. At the very least I'd cut down on the number of visual elements.

Prospekt:

I seem to remember some good Classic shots from you, but I just don't like this one. Classic mountain tiles just don't need to be that crazy complex. and I don't know what those squares are, but they don't look at home on this screen.

Majora:

An okay screen, though the trail meanders a little strangely and is a bit square. A bit of advice: don't use the "dappled shadows" combo on every single tile. It makes it look like a checkerboard and the screen also becomes hard to see.

Linkus:

This gets my vote. It's a good old-fashioned layout that would work well in a quest, there's some action on the screen (though mild), and your tiles are attractive. My only beef is with the corner tiles -- I don't like how the diagonal line cuts through the bricks -- but it's not enough to keep me from voting for this.

#4 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:52 PM

Radien: Yeah, the dungeon set isn't completely done, but all that's left is putting some support of sorts in the corner and large entrances (boss and dungeon entrance), so that's all that is left there to be done; but, I may rework the doors to where they do span the entire doorway instead of just one tile.

But in other terms, yeah, this is just really a promo shot of the new dungeon set I'm working on, along with some generic and unique designs added that you'll be able to use.

(also, how would anyone feel about transition on the LttP Light World dungeon set to MC-style? I'd like to try something like that)

#5 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:26 PM

Nuvo for those sharp graphics.

#6 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:33 PM

I voted for Nuvo. It looks very nicely built.

#7 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ Sep 21 2009, 12:20 PM) View Post

Nuvo:

A decent shot, but the lack of relative perspective and the general busy-ness make it a little hard on the eyes. At the very least I'd cut down on the number of visual elements.

So, what are you referring to by "relative perspective"?

I understand what you mean by the business. What with the tavern, beach area, beer tower, forest edge, multiple areas of elevation etc. I was just having too much fun with my totally from scratch Pure tileset.

Nuvo: Everthing about it is great! But how did the pirate ship end up in a place like that?

Uh... I dunno icon_deformed.gif

The quest is going to take place in a dream though... so the weird will be at home. That's no real excuse for a screenshot contest though.

#8 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:07 PM

I voted for Prospekt. I really like Classic design like that and i also like that game very much.

#9 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:58 PM

I voted for Nuvo. Seems like the most well-built to me, not to mention that awesome-ized Oracles sand. icon_razz.gif

#10 Rastael

Rastael

Wizard

• Members

Posted 22 September 2009 - 02:25 AM

Nuvo:
9/10 - Great shot, very good idea for a pirate tavern

Prospekt:
6/10 - Wow, nearly the best classic-pic, I have ever seen. The problem is, I don't really ike the classic-tileset.

Majora:
8/10 - Also a great picture. Good handling with the shadow of the trees. But I think, there should also be something eyecatching with another colour, than brown or green. For nstance a red house, or something else.

Linkus:
5/10 - Looks like a normal dungeon, but I like the tileset.

#11 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 22 September 2009 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE(Angeal @ Sep 21 2009, 05:15 PM) View Post
Linkus
IPB Image
After a long absence, an old favorite returns to SotW...
Haha! It's funny because you're losing at the moment. icon_razz.gif

Anyways, while Linkus has some killes tiles, the shot itself seems rather bland. I like what he did with the floor, but other than that, the shot itself aren't too great.

I'm voted Nuvo a few days ago, simply because I like the shot. It has more spirit than the rest :3

#12 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 22 September 2009 - 04:34 PM

Great comeback by Nuvo, voted for him. Linkus would be 2nd, so he's a still a favorite. icon_razz.gif

#13 Alex-Link

Alex-Link

Alex-Link

• Members

Posted 22 September 2009 - 06:14 PM

My vote goes to Nuvo, it's very detailed and presents an interesting concept icon_smile.gif

#14 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 23 September 2009 - 06:42 AM

QUOTE(Nuvo @ Sep 21 2009, 02:01 PM) View Post
So, what are you referring to by "relative perspective"?

I understand what you mean by the business. What with the tavern, beach area, beer tower, forest edge, multiple areas of elevation etc. I was just having too much fun with my totally from scratch Pure tileset.

By "lacking relative perspective" I mean that the buildings are just as wide at the base as they are at the top. They go straight up. There are times when it looks okay, but here it just feels really boxy. In other words, Gameboyish in a bad way.

"Totally from scratch Pure tileset"... is such a thing possible? icon_blink.gif

#15 Soarin

Soarin

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 23 September 2009 - 09:10 AM

I vote for Linkus Nice use of the tiles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users