Photo

Screenshot of the Week 258

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

Poll: ... (45 member(s) have cast votes)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 31 May 2009 - 02:43 PM

Migokalle
IPB Image
This... is... Minish... not.... cap? WTF IS THIS?!

hinsburg
IPB Image
Link arrives on the beach of Procella.

Rem
IPB Image
"I've finally found it. The...The...What the heck is this thing, anyways?"

Midnight_King
IPB Image
Hyrule Fields

Prophecy Face
IPB Image
Silly Zola, fireballs won't help me cross the river.

We are aware that Midnight_King's shot breaks the size limit slightly. We allowed it this time for the sake of the competition, but please keep your images in the 500x500 range (or better yet at the standard ZC screen size).

#2 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:00 PM

Migo: Amazing. Simply amazing. *votes*

Hinsburg: It's alright, but kind of cluttered. Why is there a skull on the beach?

Rem: Good design; no complaints.

Midnight Kind: Very good. Second place.

Prophecy Face: Pretty good for Newfirst. But you might want to make the river less straight.

#3 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:03 PM

Voted for Midnight_King. Great how unique he combines these tiles and uses them, plus the screen has awesome design, immediately caught my vote.

#4 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:56 PM

FTW! I voted for Migokalle. Those are awesome Minish Cap graphics! icon_thumbsup.gif

#5 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 31 May 2009 - 04:24 PM

Nulled since Migo made the screen with the tileset we are both making and it would be strange if I vote for him. So the second best looking icon_naughty.gif is Rems. =)

#6 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 31 May 2009 - 10:57 PM

Voted for Migokalle. Nice blend of Minish Cap and uh... Something... Else...

#7 Questwizard

Questwizard

The Moldorm Guy

• Members

Posted 01 June 2009 - 04:27 PM

Migokalle: Decent MC screen, but the colors of the trees look a bit too bright compared to the rest of the screen. Almost reminds me of the GB/NES colors a bit too much. 6.5/10

hinsburg: Good DoR screen, but nothing really catches my eye anywhere. 7.5/10

Rem: Good GB screen, not-so-good palette. The light and dark shades just don't match in some areas, like the mountains and the green/blue trees. 6.5/10

Midnight_King: Excellent GB-style screen. No complaints about it at all. 9.5/10 *Votes*

Prophecy Face: Very good for Newfirst, but the river's a bit too straight to look natural. Can't find anything else wrong though. 8/10

Edited by Questwizard88, 01 June 2009 - 04:28 PM.

#8 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:27 PM

Migo's and Midnight King's are both very decent shots, but my vote went to Prophecy Face- not because the aesthetics are better than the aforementioned two but because it's my absolute favorite shot I've ever seen in NewFirst. The top-right corner almost killed it, it definitely needs some work, but it's pretty much the most natural, video-game-ish look I've ever seen gotten out of NewFirst.

#9 Prophecy Face

Prophecy Face

Junior

• Members

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:56 PM

Oh, you flatter me, LostInHyru1e. icon_redface.gif I see what you mean about that corner though; I should put some rocks and other detail up on those mountains. Thanks for the useful criticism.

#10 Ricky of Kokiri

Ricky of Kokiri

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:01 PM

Voted for Migo. I am loving those mountain tiles. The other screens are good, no complaints... but those mountains... and that palette... and just everything... I want this tileset. icon_drool.gif

Edited by Ricky of Kokiri, 02 June 2009 - 12:02 PM.

#11 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 June 2009 - 05:16 AM

looks like I'm going to lose anyways voted migo now hurry up and make that tileset!

#12 Snarwin

Snarwin

Still Lazy After All These Years

• Members

Posted 06 June 2009 - 09:56 AM

Voted Migokalle, for successfully breeding MC and ALttP mountains.

#13 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 June 2009 - 11:32 AM

Migokalle - 8/10
An absolutely beautiful and well made shot. My only suggestion is to make the grass just a tad bit darker, because it is pretty bright. You might have to make the dirt a little darker as a result, but you will be able to tell by playing around with it.

hinsburg - 5/10
I can't say the design of the screen is at harmony here. It feels uncomfortable and inconsistent. There are lots of details, but it feels like it is detailed simply to say it is detailed, rather than be detailed in a way that makes everything feel like they belong together and thus feel complete.

Rem - 6/10
A decent gameboy shot. It's good on details, is nothing off the wall, but it still isn't incredibly interesting.

Midnight_King - 6/10
Also a decent shot. I am looking at it and I am not sure what to say about the positioning of the flowers. I love those details for the grass. That seems to work well for these graphics. I wonder what the shades of green would look like if they were just slightly darker (not too much).

Prophecy Face - 7/10
A screen with just the right amount of detail and a sense of purpose, with the exception of the lack of detail on the top of the ledges. Something can go up there, such as a few rocks and other barren details, even if it is inaccessible. This screen shows what questing is all about.

#14 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:04 AM

Migokalle - 28 votes - [65.12%]
hinsburg - 3 votes - [6.98%]
Rem - 2 votes - [4.65%]
Midnight_King - 3 votes - [6.98%]
Prophecy Face - 7 votes - [16.28%]
Total Votes: 43

Migokalle
IPB Image
This... is... Minish... not.... cap? WTF IS THIS?!

Congratulations Migokalle- your cuisine shot reigned supreme!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users