Photo

Screenshot of the Week 249

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 249 (43 member(s) have cast votes)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:09 PM

Hoten
IPB Image
As Link attempted to leave his hometown of Shille Village, he discovered he would be needing something sharp to clear the way.

Lithium
IPB Image
All my friends are Indians, all my friends are brown and red, all my friends are skeletons.

jimmyb
IPB Image
As Link explores the vast expanses of Romani Ranch, he realises he left his clothes at home, and must hide in the grass to protect his sense of personal pride.

#2 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:36 PM

MMm Jummyb wins.

Hoten- Generic looking screen of DoR.

Lithium- Seen that theme already, its boring now.

Jimmyb- Some new tiles, effort, is he reallly naked?

#3 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:46 PM

Of COURSE MY vote goes to none other than jimmyb. ;-)
that is an excellent shot jimmyb!!
really nice enviorment!

good job icon_thumbsup.gif

#4 Soarin

Soarin

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:00 PM

My vote goes to jimmyb. I love the tiles you used in that shot.

#5 Bourkification

Bourkification

Magus

• Members

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:41 PM

Had I not been an entrant this week (thus nulling in the poll), my vote would have gone in Lithium's direction.

Good work guys!

#6 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 31 March 2009 - 12:20 PM

All three shots are good, though not excellent.

Hoten - 7/10
It looks pretty well put together, with nice detail, but it also looks like something I have seen many times over.

Lithium - 7/10
Good attention to detail with the gravestones, the ground, and the trees at least. I wonder if there is a better color for the rain even with the limited color spectrum. Nice caption.

jimmyb - 7/10
Like the others, I like the attention to detail. It seems to also have a little bit of uniqueness to it, which I can't remember if I have seen done before for such a location in ZC.

Tough to decide this time, but I went with jimmyb.

#7 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:54 PM

I voted for jimmyb. I love the design and the tiles in his screen, I think they look awesome! icon_thumbsup.gif

#8 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:58 PM

jimmyb's looks like he put the most time into it. Lithium's is pretty good, but they style is loosing it's appeal after seeing it so many times. And then Hoten's is just a little plain. There's isn't really much unique about it. It seems like an ordinary DoR shot to me. icon_confused.gif

Obviously, I voted for jimmyb. icon_razz.gif

#9 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 31 March 2009 - 03:08 PM

Hoten
It looks generic and plain. It's not bad, but it's not good.
I can't really offer any useful advice here, just practice I guess.

Lithium
Spoonmaaaaaaan. icon_thumbsup.gif

jimmyb
That's pretty good. Nice well too.
Also congratulations on winning.

#10 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:04 PM

They're all good, but jimmyb's appeals to me the most.

#11 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 31 March 2009 - 08:38 PM

Hoten- decent design and no flaws, to my knowledge. It's a little mono-color(or, more accurately, duo-color) for me, though, and the detail could use some work. Decent screen, but not win-material.

Lithium- the white rain is a bit hard to look at with the screen, and looks somewhat unprofessional. However, I enjoy the design and the feel of it is good. My vote goes here.

JimmyB- interesting shot. I like the tiles, but the design and detail is all just average. Spice it up a bit if you want my vote.

#12 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:24 PM

My vote goes to Lithium, merely because people have not realized how badly the SD3 grass has been used in the other shots.

#13 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:16 PM

Hoten: I'm surprised that I'm now able to say this, but this is a standard DoR screen with nothing terribly wrong about it, but nothing too exciting either. Hey, at least everybody's learning how to use the set properly. Technically speaking, the only thing I'd suggest would be to use the three-color grass tiles to dress up the grass on this screen and make less use of the side-by-side ground flowers.

Lithium: A very strong Gameboy screen. I like how it all comes together. It feels like it came right out of an Oracle game. This gets my vote... and over two DoR screens, no less. icon_razz.gif Let it not be said that I always vote for my own tileset.

JimmyB: This is a very nice screen, I just feel like it's too much grass and not enough other stuff. For instance, I can't imagine anything of interest happening on this screen unless there's at the very least an NPC on it. I do have to compliment you on your well-implemented Minish Cap tiles, though, and also your good use of ground elements.

#14 Questwizard

Questwizard

The Moldorm Guy

• Members

Posted 04 April 2009 - 12:06 AM

Hoten: I'm not really seeing anything special here. It just looks like a normal screen to me. Not a bad one though, but it could use a bit of work. 7/10.

Lithium: It might be a 4-color GB shot, but its awesome. There's so much detail despite using so few colors, and everything fits together very well. I can't really find anything wrong with it. 10/10. <- Definitely gets my vote.

jimmyb: Nice shot just like Hoten's, and I like the new tiles, but this one doesn't really have anything eye-catching either. Still not bad either though. 7/10.

#15 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:53 PM

Hoten - 4 votes = [10.53%]
Lithium - 13 votes = [34.21%]
jimmyb - 21 votes = [55.26%]
Total Votes: 38

jimmyb
IPB Image
As Link explores the vast expanses of Romani Ranch, he realises he left his clothes at home, and must hide in the grass to protect his sense of personal pride.

Congratulations, jimmyb. icon_smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users