Photo

Screenshot of the Week 244

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 244 (45 member(s) have cast votes)

Here they are!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:41 AM

Sorry guys, I could have gotten this posted yesterday, but I totally spaced it off.

Evile
IPB Image

LinkMystro
IPB Image
I've decided to use those MC portals as a switch mechanism. Each color needs someone different. For example; red needs blocks, blue needs bombs, and yellow just needs to be stepped on. Oh by the way, do you like my subscreen? icon_razz.gif

CastChaos
IPB Image
I hope this place won't collapse on my head when I blow up that wall with a bomb that is surely hidden under one of these piles...

There you go, sorry everyone, for this being late. icon_frown.gif

#2 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:35 PM

We have three nicely made shots this week. icon_biggrin.gif

Evile
A solid shot with some good detail. I'm not too fond of the random stone tiles in the ground, and I find the dirt tiles feel out of place with the shot, IMO. It seems a little empty, too. (Specifically, where the stone tiles are.) I would add some people, considering it seems like a town.

LinkMystro
This shot is nicely designed. It looks clean, but detailed and the custom work is very well-done. It seems a little empty, though, for a dungeon shot. I would add some enemies and maybe some more to the floor. Other than that, I really like this shot. *Vote*

CastChaos
It's pretty good, but I can see more being done with it. I would try to make the room less square, and add some more colour and enemies. To me, it doesn't seem like much is going on, so I would try to make it a little more active.

Edited by Blaman, 06 January 2009 - 12:36 PM.

#3 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:43 PM

I voted for Evile. It looks awesome! icon_wow.gif

#4 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:02 PM

Sorry Evile, but I'm afraid I have to go with LinkMystro. Although your design is fantastic, those buildings really killed it for me. I just don't like the color quality of it. CC's shot looks too basic try using more different colors.

#5 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:18 PM

Evile
Nice palette, design, tiles, and all that. You've heard it all before.

LM
I see you fixed those walls and went with them MC Things for switches. Still great.

CastChaos
That's average at best. It's boring, hardly any outstanding detail at all. It's also too square for its own good. The beam of light from the door to the wall looks awful, why would it extend all the way there and be perfectly square? The boulder sitting in the middle of the room is pretty random, seems like you put it there to salvage the fact that the shot isn't good.

In the end, heads was Evile, tails was LM.
<Lithium> @coin
<WildBillBot> The coin landed on tails!

Edited by Lithium, 06 January 2009 - 05:18 PM.

#6 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:24 PM

Evile
It's pretty nice, but nothing really out of the ordinary. The gray tiles on the ground look kind of weird, though. icon_odd.gif

LinkMystro
Very nice dungeon screen here. The different floors look works really well with those walls, and the fact that you'll have to enter the screen from different areas to do different things really helps the level design. icon_smile.gif Good job. icon_thumbsup.gif

CastChaos
It's not bad, but there's really nothing special about it. It's just a standard indoor shot.

I'm going to have to go with LM. icon_smile.gif

#7 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:29 PM

CastChaos has my vote, another true great shot from NT

#8 Feenicks

Feenicks

still the harpy guy

• Members

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:29 PM

I've been playing an absurd amount of Golden Sun recently, and so am connecting to LM's screenshot more. Given the poor state of the floor though, I would think that the walls would be in a similar condition - and in a similar color.

Oh yeah - it's also the only screen with readily apparent backtracking. Kudos to you!

#9 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:41 PM

Evile: Sucks

LinkMystro: Sucks

CastChaos: Sucks

I was just kidding about all of that. I really like all of the screenshots this week...

Evile: If the buildings were gray, and there were better condition roads, I think that would be good. Unless this is a ruins system or something, at which the ground is fine. I have a problem with the contrasting detail between the dirt and the grass though. But ultimately, you should see what the buildings look like gray.

LinkMystro: My main problem here is the amount of entrances this screen has. I mean, a lot of entrances are good for level, yes. But 5? And two are warps? I dunno how this could be remedied. But that's my problem with it.

CastChaos: My problem here is the shape. Maybe if the screen was an octagon with diagonal walls and stuff, I'd like it more. But as it stands... it's a square. This is a good screen though.

I throw my vote to Evile.

#10 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:00 AM

Tough choice this week. All are really good. So I think I'll vote for Evile's, since his seemed to jump out at me.

#11 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:09 AM

I went with Evile this week. Great work this week guys! icon_biggrin.gif

#12 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:39 PM

I voted for evile because his shot reminds me a lot
to minish cap. even though I'm not too fond of
that gameboy type flower.

#13 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:58 PM

I thought I better vote for LM as moral support to finish that tileset =P

It's also quite a nice shot.

They're all pretty good this week though.
CC's is perhaps a little boxy, but I wouldn'tve said it was too much of a problem, and I'm not so keen on the green of the grass in Evile's shot, but it's great otherwise.

#14 Soarin

Soarin

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:29 PM

I vote Null.

#15 hinsburg

hinsburg

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:52 PM

Wow, really good week. All of the shots are really good, but I'll go for LinkMystro.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users