Photo

Screenshot of the Week 242

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 242 (57 member(s) have cast votes)

3 Entries to Choose From!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:14 AM

Joe123
IPB Image

Twilight_Knight
IPB Image

Molten Onyx
IPB Image
So where has that darn red boat brought me now?

#2 octorok

octorok

Lord of the Octoroks

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:25 AM

This was really hard ... especially since there's only 3 shots. I love gameboy shots, plus that's a nice gameboy shot. Then the second one looks really good, but nothing certainly stood out to me. But the third one really caught my attention so I voted for it. I love the water, and the bright colors. Very cool.

#3 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:26 AM

Joe123:
A good GB screen again? This time a good autumn GB screen. Goodness comes good design and variety.

Twilight_Knight:
Ah, the perfectly freeform building with well added vegetation while floating above spectacular depht. My favourite is the tree between walls, with window near it; and the bush between wall; both being in middle column.

Molten Onyx:
Spectacular tiles! I haven't found error on first sight and can't really point out anything even after staring. The boulder and the water are my favourites.

My vote slipped to Twilight_Knight.

#4 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:55 AM

Joe123: Great GB shot, but nothing too special. We now know you've mastered EZGBZ. icon_awesome.gif

Twilight_Night: This is an awesome shot, I like how it's in the sky...is it part of skyland meadows?

Molten Onyx: These actually aren't my tiles (if anyone thought they were), they're PrinceMSC's Adventure Island tiles.

I nulled.

#5 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:13 AM

w00t! Go twilight Knight!

#6 hinsburg

hinsburg

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:19 AM

Joe123: I really don't have much to say about this screen.

Twilight_Knight: I like the tileset and the layout.

Molten Onyx: Awesome palette and tileset.

Hmmm... It's between Twilight and Molten... Well Twilight_Knight needs a variety of trees and literally pales in comparison to Molten Onyx's shot. Vibrant colors are good, so I'll go with Molten Onyx. icon_thumbsup.gif

#7 lucas92

lucas92

Defender

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:55 AM

Voted for Molten Onyx, most different ZC shot I've seen from a while. icon_smile.gif

#8 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 01:23 PM

I voted for Twilight Knight. Looks really good! icon_thumbsup.gif

#9 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE(hinsburg @ Dec 22 2008, 05:19 PM) View Post

Hmmm... It's between Twilight and Molten... Well Twilight_Knight needs a variety of trees and literally pales in comparison to Molten Onyx's shot. Vibrant colors are good, so I'll go with Molten Onyx. icon_thumbsup.gif

Sorry, but you see that MO has just 2 types of trees and they are even separated? I use this twirly trees as main type because I think they suit the area. Also, what do you mean by "pales"? That Molten Onyx has new graphics? Hmm, maybe if I submitted the exact same screen I submitted this week, but than with different and new graphics that would make me win? Really bad excuse, in my opinion. But I don't really care after all.

@ HeavyTitanium, Lord Ike and CastChaos: Thanks!!!

Edit: I forgot various things:

Commentary on teh screens:
-Joe123: Rather simple and overused, but I guess it's not bad. Good use of GB.
-Molten Onyx: Indeed great graphics, however the design is quite simple and choppy, this shot would get my vote.

@ Molten Onyx: Yes, this is from Skyland Meadow.

Edited by Twilight_Knight, 22 December 2008 - 03:35 PM.

#10 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 04:20 PM

Omg! Wow those are really great screens.
Joe123 - you already know I look up to you when it comes to making fantastic GB screens and the only one I know that use those tiles amazingly icon_clap.gif
Twilight_Knight: awesome building my friend. Everything is nice and neatly done and the detail is not overused as some shots that I've seened. Good job twilight_knight.
Molten_onyx- good but I don't see anything special in here, other than the WW boat.but its something diffrent I've seened in the past two months.

I voted for joe123 because I just love the gameboy tileset and overall his amazing skill on it icon_thumbsup.gif

#11 hinsburg

hinsburg

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE(Twilight_Knight @ Dec 22 2008, 11:38 AM) View Post

Sorry, but you see that MO has just 2 types of trees and they are even separated? I use this twirly trees as main type because I think they suit the area. Also, what do you mean by "pales"? That Molten Onyx has new graphics? Hmm, maybe if I submitted the exact same screen I submitted this week, but than with different and new graphics that would make me win? Really bad excuse, in my opinion.

By pale I mean the colors are paler. <_< And the graphics would have to be better for the shot to be better in your example, if that's what you're saying wouldn't work.

#12 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 04:48 PM

Joe123- personally, I don't really like GB graphics. It's a good screen design though.
Twilight Knight- I like it, detailed, new feel.
Molten Onyx- Great tiles, but it just seems kinda cliche.

*votes for TK*

#13 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE(Twilight_Knight @ Dec 22 2008, 02:38 PM) View Post

Sorry, but you see that MO has just 2 types of trees and they are even separated? I use this twirly trees as main type because I think they suit the area. Also, what do you mean by "pales"? That Molten Onyx has new graphics? Hmm, maybe if I submitted the exact same screen I submitted this week, but than with different and new graphics that would make me win? Really bad excuse, in my opinion. But I don't really care after all.

@ HeavyTitanium, Lord Ike and CastChaos: Thanks!!!

Edit: I forgot various things:

Commentary on teh screens:
-Joe123: Rather simple and overused, but I guess it's not bad. Good use of GB.
-Molten Onyx: Indeed great graphics, however the design is quite simple and choppy, this shot would get my vote.

@ Molten Onyx: Yes, this is from Skyland Meadow.

Eh, I'd definitely say your design is not as good as Molten Onyx's. Simple does not mean bad, most of the time (when taking other tips into consideration, which he did) it's the best. Your shot seems disorienting almost with the backdrop to be honest, I wasn't really sure what was happening at first. Where the grass goes over the sides of the walls looks really bad. If you've seen my Ancient Memories shots, which are the same style, you'll see I always avoid putting the grass too close to those edges, just looks very strange. The main problem I have with your design though is walkability, in so many places you only have 1 combo's room to move around in.

I went with Molten Onyx cause it was a good refresher with new graphics with a nice simple design. Just a very appealing shot.

#14 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE(Plissken @ Dec 22 2008, 04:56 PM) View Post

Eh, I'd definitely say your design is not as good as Molten Onyx's. Simple does not mean bad, most of the time (when taking other tips into consideration, which he did) it's the best. Your shot seems disorienting almost with the backdrop to be honest, I wasn't really sure what was happening at first. Where the grass goes over the sides of the walls looks really bad. If you've seen my Ancient Memories shots, which are the same style, you'll see I always avoid putting the grass too close to those edges, just looks very strange. The main problem I have with your design though is walkability, in so many places you only have 1 combo's room to move around in.

I went with Molten Onyx cause it was a good refresher with new graphics with a nice simple design. Just a very appealing shot.

But that's also no excuse to be a really good screenshot. Just because MO is diffrent from the rest is no excuse either.

#15 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE(Christian @ Dec 22 2008, 10:20 PM) View Post

Twilight_Knight: awesome building my friend. Everything is nice and neatly done and the detail is not overused as some shots that I've seened. Good job twilight_knight.

Thank you!

Also, Plissken, I consider the things you said as opinions or taste, not as rules. The background makes it confusing? Good! An effect I want.

Edit: I'm currently having more votes??? Wow awesome! Thanks to everyone that voted on me!

Edited by Twilight_Knight, 22 December 2008 - 06:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users