Photo

Screenshot of the Week 240

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 240 (50 member(s) have cast votes)

4 shots this week, thanks guys!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:56 PM

Lord Ike
IPB Image
I feel as if I've been here before....in winter..

Lithium
IPB Image
It's a shot from 'Bleach'. If it seems like I'm working on this more than PoRC, kick me in the nuts.

CastChaos
IPB Image
Wandering girl ended up in inactive Wizzrobe dungeon. Poor dungeon...

Angeal
IPB Image
Two birds with one stone!

#2 lucas92

lucas92

Defender

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:06 PM

I love Lord Ike's new tileset. icon_smile.gif
votes.

#3 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:07 PM

Of course, I nulled bieng a participant.

Lithium- Hmm........first time I have seen transparent water in Gb.......

CastChaos- Look out, there's a slimy thing behind you!

Angeal- how did you do that?

#4 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE(Lord Ike @ Dec 7 2008, 07:07 PM) View Post
Angeal- how did you do that?
Just lucky I guess. I was pretty surprised when I looked at it after taking it. O_o

#5 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:15 PM

My vote goes to lord ike of course his tileset is sure kicking rocks. Cast chaos , lithium and angeal are also great screens. But i have to say lord ike did a great job this week. Good job my friend.

#6 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:39 PM

Lord Ike: You have totally mastered these tiles. This screen is well built from top to toe. I like the palette too, as it gives a nice feeling. In fact, the screen as a hole has this nice aura around it that I really can't get enough of. Great work!
The ONLY thing I don't like, is the mountains, but I believe you didn't make them, so it's not your fault that they don't look so top quality... but it's your choice to use them or not, hehe. Anyways, I think the browns on the mountains look a little too much like diarrhea, heh. It's also a little too pillow shaded for my tastes.

Lithium: I'm gonna try not to be flat out rude here, but I simply don't like this screenshot too much. It's because of a number fo things, like the way you used the mountains: Straight lines. I think I've told you before that I'm into them gay ones. Heh.
Along with this, I'm not particularly fond of the palette. The "grass to dirt" transitions are a little too straight too, mostly going from A to B in one full straight line. Then we've got the place in the middle where you used two of th grass to dirt tiles next to eachother, YET in a straight line. No, this just isn't my idea of solid screendesigning and good details. I do like your transparent water though. A nice touch on the GB set. Your dungeon shots are usually 100% awesome... you just need to work a little on your overworld shots. But hey, with your previous dungeon screens in mind, I KNOW you can do it.

Cast Chaos: Okay, when I first laid eyes on this shot, I thought "Cast Chaos" right away, without looking at the creators name. You have really managed to create a style that everybody will recognize as Cast Chaos's style.
Unfortunatly, that style isn't a very good one, at least in my opinion.
The statues lined up against the wall doesn't really look good on itself... but when lined up with 9 duplicates, it makes it look even worse. This is kind of the same problem Lithium had, but yours is more visible, as it's a more noticable texture.
I don't know if they have a function or anything, but either way, I advice you remove them.
Along with this, it would be a very good idea to make the walls more curved. Add some corners... some diagonal lines and whatnot.
Now, as we all know, a game can be great without having top-notch graphics, but it's certainly a big plus. But I'm sure the gameplay of your dungeon still is awesome as hell. It's just that this is SotW, and I feel inclined to talk a little about graphics. Heh.

Angeal: Okay, it feels a little weird suddenly starting to write something positive. Heh.
This shot is amazing. I mean, you've used the different tiles perfectly, with great accuracy. The ONLY problem I can see, is the one tree too close the edge of the screen. I'd advice dragging that down a tile or two, and replace the empty spot with some of them "curved flowers" or whatever.
You've NAILED the mountain usage, and ALL of the contestants here today has a few things to learn from you.
You're also the first one to use the road tile from LA that I've seen in a while. I love that tile, and I can't believe there isn't more people actively using it.
Great work!
Now, when is this quest coming out? Hehe.

My Vote goes to Angeal this time... for a great effort, that turned into a FANTASTIC GB screen.
/me claps

#7 hinsburg

hinsburg

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:43 PM

Lord Ike: Nice tileset. I like the trees and bushes.

Lithium: Good layout, the circle of dirt at the top seems kind of random though.

Cast Chaos: Is that a screenshot taken mid-scroll between screens? The beamos wall tiles look awesome.

Angeal: Nothing too special, but the captions funny.

I'll go with Ike.

#8 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:44 PM

I voted for Angeal. Looks like a well built GBCZ screen. And hey, it's winter! icon_w00t.gif

#9 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:42 PM

don't see anything interesting, so I'm nulling.

#10 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:04 PM

I'm voting for Angeal. Everything else looks too generic .

#11 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:16 PM

It was hard to decide between Lord Ike and Lithium, but I went with Ike because I recognized it from Oracle of Ages.

#12 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE(Russ @ Dec 7 2008, 10:16 PM) View Post

It was hard to decide between Lord Ike and Lithium, but I went with Ike because I recognized it from Oracle of Seasons.

Hmm... tough one. I decide tomorrow. Or do I? You'll just have to wait. Dun dun dun...

#13 Feenicks

Feenicks

still the harpy guy

• Members

Posted 08 December 2008 - 04:12 PM

I voted for Lord Ike because it just seems to use ZC effectively and yet is graphically interesting.

#14 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 08 December 2008 - 04:23 PM

Wow... this week's shots are so hard to decide.
Lord Ike has such good screen, Lithium as well(but you might wanna tweak the mountains), CastChaos as well(but erase that ugly row of beamosses) and Angeal too!
I null. This week, I'm undecided.

#15 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 08 December 2008 - 04:26 PM

Seems like I've hopped into the time machine this week. A veritable plethora of GB shots. As much as I respect all 4 entrants, I just don't see anything that really grabs my attention. icon_shrug.gif

If I HAD to pick, I'd go with either Lithium or Angeal. But, since I can't decide between the two, I'm gonna null. Sorry guys.

By the way, Lord Ike.. Not digging that subscreen. icon_unsettled.gif And Lithium, put the bomb on the left side of the counter. It'd look better in my opinion. Your quest, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users