Photo

Screenshot of the Week 236

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 236 (42 member(s) have cast votes)

4 shots this week, thanks guys!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 10 November 2008 - 01:40 AM

hinsburg
IPB Image
Nothin' special, but whatever.

Lord Ike
IPB Image
So did you hear Zelda's pregnant, statue? Yeah, Im the father. Wait, you too? oh boy.........

Beta Link
IPB Image
I demand your attention, Mr. Blue Octorok!!!

Angeal
IPB Image
"The world sure has changed, like the trees have gotten more vibrant, the water is much more clear, and my house was rebuilt from the ground up, but one thing stayed the same... THAT MAN IS STILL SLEEPING BEHIND THE HOUSE!!!" - Old Woman

Hey, thanks you guys. Good luck to ya. icon_biggrin.gif

#2 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 10 November 2008 - 02:11 AM

I voted Beta Link. I just like the shot.

#3 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 10 November 2008 - 07:22 AM

I'm voting for Angeal. Plissken's transparent water tiles work well. icon_smile.gif

#4 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 10 November 2008 - 08:18 AM

I voted for Beta Link, looks pretty good. icon_thumbsup.gif

#5 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:11 AM

Beta link over here :-) for sure. Good job on that shot beta link.

#6 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:37 AM

I really like Angeal's shot. The palette is soft and colorful... almost "realistic". the other shots are alright but angeal's gets my vote.

#7 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:11 AM

hinsburg:
Not too simple, quite alright. You sure used the basic variery guidelines.

Lord Ike:
Ah, so you successfully ripped those tiles in... Wonderul graphics. I still don't have motivation to vote for it, but walking through an entire area with these graphics will be a top notch feeling.

Beta Link:
More than perfect shallow water, very good average feeling. It took a while by I recognized that blue octorok...

Angeal:
I awe the fact that you didn't listen for those whos were whining not to upgrade those tiles. The floating rocks at the upper right strike as new, the whole screen has great feeling. Only flaw is that homeless still isn't arrested by the police. I need to vote on this.

And my vote goes too... read my reviews to find out.

#8 hinsburg

hinsburg

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:42 AM

Me: Probably the best screen in my quest yet.
Lord Ike: The glass effect is too confusing. That is a reflection, right?
Beta Link: I see no problems, but it's not particularly awesome.
Angeal: You definately improved since last time. Good for you!

I nulled.

#9 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:24 AM

Hinsburg: 4/10 No offense, but your shot is too square and the rain covers up too much of the screen. Add some trees at the top left and stuff.

Lord Ike: 4/10 Nothing too special here... It doesn't really look that good...

Beta Link: 9.7/10 BEST PALLETE I'VE EVER SEEN! OMG! And good screen too of course...

Angeal: 9.8/10 Out of the park. You just barely won my vote. It's been improved SO much from the last shot you submitted. Awesome work.

#10 octorok

octorok

Lord of the Octoroks

• Members

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:59 AM

I voted Beta Link because he mentioned me in his caption. icon_lol.gif

#11 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 12 November 2008 - 07:42 AM

It's a tough decision between Beta Link and Angeal. Both excellent shots. I'll make my decision later.

#12 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:50 PM

hinsburg:5/10
It's awfully square, to begin with. There's also a tile error on the mountain corner, and the treasure chest is not set up properly. Rain is almost impossible to pull off well in a SotW, and this is no exception. You seem to be on the right track with the details, however, so I'd suggest experimentation and posting in the Quest Screenshot Thread to get more feedback and improve.
Lord Ike: 5/10
There's really nothing special here. icon_shrug.gif Would have been better in the original palette.
Beta Link: 7/10
It's a well-balanced, functional screen. The detail level is nice- not too little, not too much. My only complaint is that the bottom left corner is a little empty- have you considered throwing an island in there?
Angeal: 8/10
Just a really solid Pure Screen. I'd go back to the original trees, but otherwise, just a really nice shot.

#13 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 13 November 2008 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE(Angeal @ Nov 10 2008, 06:40 AM) View Post

Angeal
IPB Image
"The world sure has changed, like the trees have gotten more vibrant, the water is much more clear, and my house was rebuilt from the ground up, but one thing stayed the same... THAT MAN IS STILL SLEEPING BEHIND THE HOUSE!!!" - Old Woman

Hey, thanks you guys. Good luck to ya. icon_biggrin.gif

That woman is right LINK GET RID OF THAT MAN

Good screen shot angel

Hinsburg: 4/10
Not a very good shot too squar and empty in some places I can undertsand since you are new to Zquest (i think) but that woun't affect my sotw vote

Lord Ike: is that revfan's DGN tiles I ne ver relly liked them good use of them though 7/10

Beta Link: 10/10
PERFECT LA + DOR = PURE SUCESSE

Angel: 10/10
Good screen Nothing relly wrong with it

So I decied to go with Beta Link all on tyhe bases that his tiles a prettey than Angel's even though his screen was great

#14 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 13 November 2008 - 06:36 PM

[quote name='Ebola Zaire' date='Nov 12 2008, 03:50 PM' post='547437']
Beta Link: 7/10
It's a well-balanced, functional screen. The detail level is nice- not too little, not too much. My only complaint is that the bottom left corner is a little empty- have you considered throwing an island in there?[/quote] Yeah, I agree with you. It would have been good if I could have found something to go in that corner. icon_confused.gif Like you said, and island or something.

I'm not voting since I'm in it, but I may as well rate the shots anyway.

hinsburg: Rain is prett hard to pull off well in a SotW. It's a nice screen, but you gotta find something to make it look more realistic. Try curving the mountains, and grass. That always helps.

Lord Ike: Well... Yeah, the graphics are nice and realistic-looking. Thay're different. But they don't look very good in my opinion. icon_confused.gif It's too shiney. The reflection is extremely confusing.

Beta Link: W007!!!1 4w350m3 5cR33n lulz icon_deformed.gif

Angeal: I love it! The transparent water is very nice, the palette is beutiful, and that guy is still sleeping there! icon_razz.gif The only thing I don't like are the trees and how they use all those wierd colors. Like that one tree in the corner is blue. wtf is that? icon_razz.gif

#15 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 13 November 2008 - 06:51 PM

I voted for Beta Link cause the caption made me laugh =P

Angeal's is good, but I don't like the non-transparent blue bits around the sticking out rocks.
That just looks weird.
Why would some of the water not be transparent?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users