Photo

Screenshot of the Week 204

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

Poll: SoTW 204 (76 member(s) have cast votes)

Contestants

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:03 PM

LostInHyru1e
IPB Image

Migokalle
IPB Image
''Trubute to NoeL... One of the greatest artist to ever have set foot in PZC... Thanks for everything NoeL!''

billy ronald
IPB Image
"Link takes a vaction from saving Zelda i meen what can go wrong"

#2 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:08 PM

LiH-Mountains in the top right are used wrong again, or else my vote would've been here.

Migo-Impressive graphics, but we've seen them a lot, and they're obviously supposed to be the "catch." Overall design is lacking, and a lot of perspective issues all over the place.

Billy Ronald-No comment, as I've already given all the advice I can to you on DoR design.

Nulled.

Edited by Plissken, 30 March 2008 - 02:09 PM.

#3 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:22 PM

LiH - Still anoter mountain issue which prevents me from voting for you. icon_shrug.gif
A-

Migo - Ah yes NoeL found his sucessor! :vote:
A

Billy - Too Dull, Mountain Design is Cheesey, Don't like that water, and very underdetailed.
D

#4 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:27 PM

Okay... what the heck is wrong with the mountains!?! They all keep a consistent 2-tile height!!! What did I do wrong?

EH STELLA!!!!!!

#5 Plissken

Plissken

• Members

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:30 PM

The outcropping in the top right is one tile to large, needs to end one tile sooner.

EDIT: I may be an idiot, let me check something out.

EDIT 2: No, you need to end that outcropping one tile sooner. Pic is coming.

Edited by Plissken, 30 March 2008 - 02:32 PM.

#6 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:34 PM

LostInHyru1e: Another perfect hit with GB graphics. This time: sweet GB winter! I see only one mountain error (upper right).

Migokalle: The most wondrous building served with a great tree, wrapped up in good design. Vote.
(Great that I decided against entering this week.)

Billy Ronald: What is that thing up and left? Just not snow? icon_eek.gif As for the screen, well, definitely empty, but at least now not completely missing. Some more trees (especially at the left side) would surely help. Also, the mountain is layered on the water, so there are no ripples.

QUOTE(TriMaster001)

Ah yes NoeL found his sucessor!

Putting together NoeL's graphics makes somebody his successor? I knew I should have submitted that regular screen that had two tiles from Prophecies. I would have won.

#7 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:34 PM

IPB Image

In this area, the top mountain area has to have a 3-tile height becasue it's made up of one 2-tile height plus one extra.

Edited by TriMaster001, 30 March 2008 - 02:37 PM.

#8 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:41 PM

Voted for Billy Ronald. I'm just tired of seeing GB shots and I already saw the temple of time picture. And I have one question for Billy, why did you put snow on a beach? I know there is probably a snowy area right next to it but it doesn't make sense.

edit: fixed typo

Edited by ZebraStallion, 30 March 2008 - 02:41 PM.

#9 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:43 PM

Perspective Issues, Migo... I don't know how you can't see it. It looks like it's about to tip over.

I voted for Lost. Good shot.

#10 Plissken

Plissken

• Members

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:47 PM

This would be your section: (Purified cause I don't have GB downloaded on this comp.)

IPB Image

This is the fix:

IPB Image

Just some pictures to go with TM001's description.

#11 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:56 PM

LostInHyrule - 6/10
Good design and detail. Overall it is good, but not something to be completely moved over either.

Migokalle - 7/10
I love the facade and the nature that surrounds the building. The slash bushes look a tad bit awkward around everything else, but not too much. Very good overall. Yeah, I just noticed the perspective issue as well. Had to dock one for that, but the screen is still good enough for my vote.

billy ronald - 4/10
I see this screen and straight lines are the first thing I notice, which is not good when it comes to designing natural things with a more advanced tileset. The sanded area could use more detail in some way. There is more detailed water to find that goes better with the more detailed tiles throughout the rest of the screen. Solid blues just don't cut it for this set in regards to blending things in. I am not sure what you were doing with what looks like snow or ash at the top and the left. I simply don't get it.

#12 Guest_lilpoptart10000 (Guest)

Guest_lilpoptart10000 (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2008 - 03:02 PM

icon_glare.gif you messed up the mountains...

#13 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 30 March 2008 - 03:11 PM

I voted for Migokalle, his screenshot is pretty awesome. icon_cool.gif

#14 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 30 March 2008 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE(ZebraStallion @ Mar 30 2008, 08:41 PM) View Post
Voted for Billy Ronald. I'm just tired of seeing GB shots and I already saw the temple of time picture. And I have one question for Billy, why did you put snow on a beach? I know there is probably a snowy area right next to it but it doesn't make sense.

edit: fixed typo

Yes it is right next to a soey area if you looked arounf the quest you would see areas with snow next to it ten when yo go in that directen there should be ice snow yata yata yata

#15 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 30 March 2008 - 04:01 PM

Voted for LiH. Migokalle's is just a picture and Billy's has severe design problems. Really, none of the shots this week were spectacular.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users