Photo

Screenshot of the Week 193

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

Poll: SoTW 193 (41 member(s) have cast votes)

Contestants

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 13 January 2008 - 01:53 PM

Evile
IPB Image
OMG!!

CastChaos
IPB Image
"After corruption, before invertion."

Nuvo
IPB Image
A switch and a stone door... hm... how the crap did I get up here anyway?

Plissken
IPB Image
I think I'm lost...

billy ronald
IPB Image
Billy climbs the neer by mountain in search of the 3 Pendants of Twilight

#2 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 13 January 2008 - 01:57 PM

Nulled, go Plissken!

#3 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 13 January 2008 - 02:21 PM

I like Evile's shot because of its layout.

#4 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 13 January 2008 - 02:25 PM

I just came to the realization... that I should have submitted my other shot... ah well, let's see how this does.
Plissken, I like yours.

#5 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 13 January 2008 - 02:26 PM

Plissken it is then!

#6 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 13 January 2008 - 02:39 PM

Ok review time:

Evile: Some shot I made just for SotW, not my best work but a pretty good Pure screen I guess.

CastChaos: Looks pretty cool but the yellow palette looks kinda strange and the 2 floors being the same floor texture makes it kinda confusing.

Nuvo: A pretty good shot but it is basically the same as all the other shot you've made, could probably use more trees.

Plissken: Wonderful shot, nice palette and layout, noting much to complain about here.

billy ronald: An extremely poor Pure screen, this is defiantly not SotW worthy. The screen design is extremely awkward and makes no sense. I can't even understand what kind of area this is, it just makes no sense...

#7 ElLibertador

ElLibertador

Love and Peace

• Members

Posted 13 January 2008 - 02:43 PM

I voted Plissken...Evile's is nice but Plissken's is better. I also like CC's and Nuvo's.

#8 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 13 January 2008 - 03:06 PM

Nulled cause I entered.

Evile: Very nice layout and a very nice usage of Pure, I always loved your Pure stuff. Vote would've been here.

CC: Reminds me a lot of aLttP, seems a little to bland and the red outlines on those banner things looks kinda strange but still very cool. 3rd place.

Nuvo: Love the door tiles, but as Evile said, very similar to your old stuff. That doesn't mean it isn't truly awesome, I really can't wait for Incedia . 2nd place

Plissken: Shot from Ancient Memories, I feel very good about this shot hence why it's in SotW.

Billy: I've heard you just block out criticism and I'm afraid this is what's going to happen here. :\
But this shot does not impress me, grass has literally no detail and the bird statue and trough sprites seem really out of place. One cliff seems to take up almost half of the whole screen, and to get on the stairs near the bottom you literally have to go to the VERY bottom of the screen. Solid combos 2 tiles at the edge of the screen when not in corners always seem outta place and I was never fond of those rock tiles in the bottom left corner. Sorry to point out so much, but hopefully you will take some of this criticism and run with it.

There's my 2 cents, thanks for the votes so far!

#9 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 13 January 2008 - 03:29 PM

Evile: I love that screen design! However, it could use a little more diversity with the trees.
CastChaos: Neat. Multi-floored mayhem!
Nuvo: That door looks so awesome! The switch could use a little work though.
Plissken: Awesome. Simply awesome. *votes*
Billy Ronald: Looks pretty neat. I think it could use one of those ember trees on the bottom though. I don't know why, but the screen just needs an ember tree.

#10 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 13 January 2008 - 03:47 PM

Voted for Plissken!!!

Evile: Love the Palette

CC: Did you catch my disease of Symmetricidus?

Nuvo: It's always the same old thing icon_shrug.gif

billr ronald: Fix the design.

Edited by TriMaster001, 13 January 2008 - 03:49 PM.

#11 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 January 2008 - 03:49 PM

Evile: Seems a little simple, only the transparent water lifts it in the corner.
CastChaos: ALttP FTW!
Nuvo: Those great stone walls in the middle spread wonderpowder through the whole screen.
Plissken: Very nice design, I still love those stone/grass transition ground.
billy ronald: Hmm... Let me guess... You was bored, started to put random objects together, but had enough at the beginning and submitted it as it was?

EDIT: TriMaster, maybe. I just thought simmetry matches a non-inverted castle better. But I already made that area and I won't make others simmetric. Oh, if you knew...

#12 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 13 January 2008 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE(Evile @ Jan 13 2008, 07:39 PM) View Post
Ok review time:
billy ronald: An extremely poor Pure screen, this is defiantly not SotW worthy. The screen design is extremely awkward and makes no sense. I can't even understand what kind of area this is, it just makes no sense...

billr ronald: Add more detail. It's too empty

Scorry but i frogot the detile and well i didn't relly sumbmite this screen seruisey (dum dum dummmmmm)
So bash all you want i don't relly care

But it was soupost to be a moution in Twilight burning

#13 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 13 January 2008 - 03:52 PM

Well it doesn't really matter if it's an entrance.

#14 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 13 January 2008 - 03:57 PM

I voted for Plissken, is screenshot is so amazing icon_wow.gif
Though i almost voted for Evile.
(Evile's shot almost looks like a Lost Isle screenshot)

#15 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 13 January 2008 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE(TriMaster001 @ Jan 13 2008, 01:47 PM) View Post

Nuvo: It's always the same old thing icon_shrug.gif

Now, I'm in a "What the crap?" moment because I've seen other people COUNTLESS TIMES submit a shot that looks almost EXACTLY the same as their previous ones with just a few palette tweaks and some custom graphics focal point, hardly anything new, and then their shot is drooled all over. So, I did as they did, I drew a stone door that took 3 hours to draw, which happens to be a main point in the game, and made a completely new palette that I don't even want to think how long it took me to like it, I did MORE than the other's I've seen, and NOW I'm gettin' all this 'looks the same".
What the crap. No one even NOTICES the palette, and now I just feel jipped for spending all that time drawing the door, when I'm getting pretty neutral feedback on it(the palette, at least, people seem to like the stone door.)

*takes a couple of breaths*
*sigh* Or maybe I just don't know how to take criticism anymore. icon_unsure.gif
However, it should be apparent that this is very similar to my last shot:
IPB Image
as they were both small valleys or gullies, or whatever. But I honestly don't see how it's that similar to the two shots I sent before it:
IPB ImageIPB Image
Maybe the second one somewhat, but I honestly don't see any similarities between it and the first. But the main problem is is that all 4 of the past screens I've sent in have pretty much been within a 2 screen proximity.

*Anger released, mood: calming down*

In the end, though, Plissken's screen is still amazing.

Edited by Nuvo, 13 January 2008 - 04:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users