Photo

Screenshot of the Week 169

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 169 (62 member(s) have cast votes)

Contestants

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:30 PM

CastChaos
IPB Image
"A 4 screen big Steam Machina?! It must be full of Mega Man references..."

Linkus
IPB Image
The "no subscreen" habit broken, Linkus sends Link to a lush forest.

Moonwhisper
IPB Image
The Legend Continues... and we all thought The Adventure of Link would've ended it!

Sharon Daniel
IPB Image
100% custom tiles

The Satellite
IPB Image
Oh, must be a real secret cave, if Octoroks are the only thing guarding it. O_o

#2 Bowser Blanchette

Bowser Blanchette

Tatsumi is ready to roll!

• Members

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:31 PM

CastChaos for me! (Like the Repliforce logo!)

Edited by Bowser Blanchette, 09 July 2007 - 08:31 PM.

#3 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:31 PM

Linkus's is sweet. *votes*

#4 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:35 PM

Lets go with Linkus.

CastChaos: It's a really cool boss icon_wink.gif, close second for me.

Linkus: I was about to say "too dark" but then I realized how much that comment bugged me, and decided to look closer, the shot is really nice, and I must say it's one of the cooler things I've seen from you Linkus.

Moonwhisper: It's nice, the border trees are really weird though.

Sharon Daniel: Kinda bright and boxy wouldn't you say?

The Satellite: Really nice, LttP always looks nice with a normal sized Link.

#5 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:36 PM

Null'd.

- CastChaos -

Alot better than the shot from last week, but there's still some conflict, IMO. It looks good, but it doesn't have good depth in some places. icon_shrug.gif

- Linkus -

REAL nice shot. Very nice shot. icon_biggrin.gif My only problem: shading is a little dark. Nice, though.

- Moonwhisper -

Very pretty. Puts what you can do with the Zero Quest set to (almost) its limits. icon_wink.gif

- Sharon Daniel -

Alot of it's nice. Ground is nice. Roof is nice. The houses, which seem to be the focus of the screen, lack depth, though. icon_shrug.gif

- The Satellite -

U PH41L.

#6 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:41 PM

Null'd of course.

CastChaos: It looks interesting, and assuming it's a custom boss, that looks pretty sweet.

Linkus: Pretty freakin' sweet. The graphics are amazing, and the screen layout is done well.

Moonwhisper: I wish you'd hurry up and finish this quest icon_sweat.gif

Sharon Daniel: A lot of nice custom tiles, though the houses are still out of proportion >_>

TS: A good classic shot. It certainly reminds me of ALttP. Can't put my finger on why it does, though >_<

#7 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:43 PM

I like Moonwhisper's shot. It looks very good with the Zero Tileset. I like how he went for the "Classic" look. It works really well when you know how to do it correctly. icon_smile.gif

#8 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:49 PM

CastChaos: Still too cluttered and the design is boxy and has no real flow to it.

Linkus: It would have been awesome but its too dark. Yes this may be fine for in-game when things are moving and you are interacting with the environment, but not for a winning SOTW shot. It simply drowns out the picture.

Moonwhisper: Hard to get my hyped up over Classic. Even if it is modified.

Sharon Daniel: Looks weird and don't really like the style. Stale design, need to improve on many of the aspects.

Satellite: The only thing coming close to a decent shot this week. So my vote goes here.

#9 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:51 PM

SD: The fronts of your houses look to flat. I have no idea how you could fix it either.

CC: Still confusing, I hope it makes more sens in ZC.

Linkus: F****** nice. Shadows make some of the stuff look odd though, but I still voted for ya!

MW: Good shot. I'm not to fond of those trees though, good layout though.

TS: Basically just a perfect Lttp screen. Looks pretty tight.

#10 WindStrike

WindStrike

Culex is the bane of my existence.

• Members

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:15 PM

You know I'm bored when I critique SotW two weeks in a row.

... and because I'm in a more uppy mood, I'm going strain away from my usual over-critiquing, which happens to be quite annoying to about half the people.

CastChaos - Oh the heck with the critique I was originally going to give; THAT SCREEN DESIGN IS AWESOME! More specifically the machine than anything else. Sure, a little too much contrast, but that just makes the screen catchy, eh? One thing that bothers me, although I know would be hard to fix, are those turbines at the top, which are completely out of perspective from the walls. And the lower walls are little on the dark side... but with that overly super-special-awesome machine on the sides... it just owns the few minor detailing issues.

Linkus - *ups brightness to see if it becomes more visible* No offense. Ok, I really can't tell the detailing from one thing to another thing under the darker shadows. It all seems blended together... and I mean that as if it's all one color pretty much. Also, a lot of the detailing in the upper portion seems kinda... repeated. I can't really tell since the shading kinda blocks it just a little too much. Ok, negative comments are now coming to an end, but I unfortunately just had to point out that it's hard to distinguish much under the dark shadows. But seriously... DEAR GOD THAT'S BEAUTIFUL! Both in the tileset and in the shadow transitions (and the fact that you used different depths of shading, which is cool). Though I may suggest some variation in the grass detailing - it may seem ok just because the shadow transitioning over it, but I noticed that's all pretty much the same. Sweet custom tiles (well, most of them, from what I can tell).
One more thing... your subscreen = pure pwnage. I have nothing more to add to such greatness.

Moonwhisper - Interesting... I do quite like it. One thing bothers me - the trees. When I can actually see their trunks, they look fine perspectively in comparison to the dead trees in the center. However... due to their shading, when I look those on the bottom, they just look completely different - more like above rather than from the sides. Granted, classic-style tilesets have limitations, but I think the ground could use extra variation rather than plain + some tall grass. It's still a very pleasant shot to look at. Kudos.

Sharon Daniel - The houses are fantabulous looking, though the one on the left looks odd, where the roofs are facing left and right. It just looks... odd. Nonetheless, pretty spiffy places. They work quite well with the FF style trees (which are definitely great customness). The water is also pretty sweet. Now... the absolute sheer contrast between that... and the ground... ... that's ruining the shot for me. It's not the rocky path tiles so much as that ridiculously bright grass. If it were darker, I wouldn't quite mind. Ooh... pretty flowers... ^_^

The Satellite - Fascinating... a perfectly fit LttP shot into ZC, which looks almost flawless. Simple indeed it tis... though I suppose I could suggest it can be a little more detailed... though that'd completely ruin its LttPness. Great job!

... design. All shots in this week had it, but the one that catches me most for it goes to my punned spell.
*Wind casts CHAOSDOKEN!!!*
Darn me and my ridiculously lame jokes! I should just stick with randomness and contain my lameness there...

#11 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:42 PM

I guess I'm the only one who's fond of my grass colors. icon_unsettled.gif

#12 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 09 July 2007 - 10:13 PM

The Satellite, nice clean shot, gets my vote.

CastChaos, looks like your name implies, Chaos

Linkus, too dark, what ya hiding?

Moonwhisper, gotta lose that blue hue, ekk.

Sharon Daniel, graphics don't fit my style, but looks like a lot of good effort on your part, would be my second choice.

#13 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 09 July 2007 - 10:31 PM

Linkus FTW... the tiles aren't really anything new but the multi layered shadows are tops icon_wink.gif

Also, the roll function is intriguing.

EDIT: IT'S NOT TOO F'ING DARK!!!

Edited by NoeL, 09 July 2007 - 10:32 PM.

#14 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 09 July 2007 - 10:36 PM

IT'S NOT TOO F'ING DARK!!!

Yeah. I gots ta agree. It looks damn good.

#15 Red Phazon

Red Phazon

Adept

• Members

Posted 10 July 2007 - 12:20 AM

Linkus, the darkness creates a nice looking atmosphere. I want to play through that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users