Photo

Screenshot of the Week 154

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 154 (60 member(s) have cast votes)

Which will it be this week!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 06 February 2007 - 10:33 PM

Here you are for SotW 154!

Sharon Daniel
IPB Image
These guards don't know how to stay dead.

Zemious
IPB Image
Almost there. icon_smile.gif

Beta Link
IPB Image
I refuse to say this is still a GameBoy tileset.

Enjoy!

#2 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 06 February 2007 - 10:55 PM

Huzzah for the IPB images.

EDIT: Sweetness the I can see them now... not really worth the anticipation though. None of them are really that good, and so Im going to have to vote for Zemious for nostalgia reasons. Better luck next weeks.

Edited by EatinCake, 07 February 2007 - 08:53 PM.

#3 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 06 February 2007 - 10:56 PM

Indeed. All the image URLs turn up 404s.

#4 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 06 February 2007 - 11:46 PM

I see them fine. I voted Sharon this time, just the best shot overall. I do think the way the bricks merge with the sand looks funny, though

#5 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 06 February 2007 - 11:50 PM

Yaay, the images are fixed!

I voted for "null". That guy rocks! icon_deformed.gif

#6 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 February 2007 - 11:56 PM

At first I didn't see them, but now I do.

The only one that I found to be at least above average for a typical SotW shot was Sharon's shot, so my vote goes to him. But thanks to Zemious and Beta Link for participating. Zemious is clearly exploring outside the realm of Zelda, although I don't see how this Mario style shot would work in Zelda Classic. (Perhaps this is an opportunity to enlighten us, or at least me for that matter.) So it is relying purely on graphics and being different, in my opinion. Beta Link's shot looks pretty basic. More creativity would certainly add spice to it.

#7 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 07 February 2007 - 12:39 AM

Sharon: I liked this screenshot, it had the most screen substance out of the three. The only thing I didn't like was the sand waves on the ground just because if its texture, but that isn't your fault. 'votes'

Zemious: Cool, I love super mario World, can't wait for whatever you are doing with it. But I think you are using the wrong mario if it is super mario world, that looks like the mario 3 mario. Anyway, good shot and idea.

Beta Link: This shot is pretty simple, if maybe you threw some trees into the mix, maybe more sand texture, and maybe some random rocks and this shot would be great icon_thumbsup.gif . But maybe you should change the background color of the subscreen, it kind of hurts my eyes.

#8 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 07 February 2007 - 01:03 AM

Sharon gets my vote for an amazing dester shot. But Zemious isnt far behind with that awesome Mario shot.

#9 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:59 AM

SOTW went up on a Tuesday this week? icon_frown.gif I was going to enter, but I thought they always went up on either a Monday or the weekend... If I'd known, you would have had more than just a measly three shots. icon_wink.gif

All three are pretty good this week. I'm going to have to vote for Zemious, all things considered. I've got to get to bed soon, so I might post further feedback later (hmm, this is getting to be a habit for me...)

#10 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 07 February 2007 - 03:05 AM

Itsa me, Maaario! icon_biggrin.gif Zemious gets my vote.

BTW, when will SOTM be posted Hero Link? Oh and I really don't like how inconsistently these SOTW threads start...

#11 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 07 February 2007 - 06:17 AM

As if there was any competition here? Geez, Sharon gets my vote hands down. Also, gives me an idea of what to do with my desert area in my next project! thanks! XD

#12 dontknowme

dontknowme

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 07 February 2007 - 08:41 AM

dark was right. theres no competition.
*votes for sharon*

#13 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 07 February 2007 - 08:45 AM

Sharon gets my vote. Very nice layout. Everything runs together nicely.

Zemious, I love the Super Mario look. But, not that it matters, Nuvo is right. That Mario is from SM3. Awesome work though. Can't wait to see what comes of it.

Beat Link, Overall good. Nothing spectacular about it though.

#14 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:40 AM

Sharon: It's nice, but other than the palette it is an overall empty Pure shot. I still think you need to redden the darkest shade of brown in one Cset, and make all of them reddish in another to make the mountains look right.

Zemious: You get a point for originality, but the shot is empty, very empty. Just not SotW material.

Beta_Link: Looks like Descendant with all of the colors really washed out. Aside from that, I only see about 7 different types of tiles used here...

EDIT: Nulled. But sad to see Sharon won within a day.

Edited by Revfan9, 07 February 2007 - 10:54 AM.

#15 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:53 AM

Sharon's is easily the best shot this week. It has a nice layout, and a natural palette. I still think that the walls could use more saturation, or contrast, but it still wins.

Zemious, in terms of design, it is very bland. I'm not sure how a Mario quest is going to work with the screen by screen scrolling, and one tile jump. Granted Jumping can be modified with scripts.

Beta Link. Your colors seem too saturated an bright. Also, try to avoid using large square rock formations with the GB-styled mountains.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users