Photo

Screenshot of the Week 146

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 146 (58 member(s) have cast votes)

4 choices this week.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 21 November 2006 - 12:49 AM

Alrighty, here you guys are. The shots for this week

Sharon Daniel
IPB Image
Stab it from behind!

Revfan9
IPB Image
Mmm.... Toast.

Link75
IPB Image
It's almost winter, so here's a basic winter shot. Kind of holiday-ish!

Linkus Mastii
IPB Image
A small project I'm woking on.

Enjoy!

#2 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 21 November 2006 - 01:00 AM

Voted for Linkus. What can I say? I'm a sucker for custom tiles

#3 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 21 November 2006 - 01:02 AM

drools on linkuss mastii's custom tiles...
must have...

I certainly can't wait for what ever your releaseing!

SD is my second choice

the other two shots are meh.
I just don't like the Pure tilset.
and DOR is great, but it feels real empty in rev

#4 .TakaM

.TakaM

Junior

• Members

Posted 21 November 2006 - 03:40 AM

null

#5 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 21 November 2006 - 03:54 AM

Could it hurt you to make screens with something actually HAPPENING on them, folks?... 3 out of 4 of these screenshots were obviously taken in ZQuest and then cropped, and they aren't even screens with dynamic combos (i.e. a custom boss, or SOMETHING interesting that can be see outside of the ZC player). Sheesh... it looks like a bunch of demo screens, and that's actually not a good thing.

I'm voting for Sharon Daniel. For a number of other reasons, mind you. It has good colors (once again), complete screen composition, and good tiles. But if Sharon's screenshot didn't have action in it, I'd be null voting regardless of anything else.

#6 mikepjr

mikepjr

• Members

Posted 21 November 2006 - 05:49 AM

WOW!!! Sharon kicks ass, i like your main charecter, the colors kick a lot of ass to, and their is plenty going on in that screen shot, the rest of those screen shots need some work, big time.
Nothing going on mainly.
And guess what i voted before i even looked at what was posted thus far for comments. icon_smile.gif and that is saying a lot. lol

#7 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 21 November 2006 - 06:41 AM

icon_smile.gif My shot this week shows what has become of the Goron City I showed last week. The new custom walls are the type of style I'll be using for the rest of the interior areas, and I'll be modifying the overworld to be more consistant.

Many of the details will be made smaller to fit the RPG style; for example, the torches in that screenshot look way too big. Most of my Zelda rips will be replaced with custom tiles or rips from other sources.

#8 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 21 November 2006 - 07:33 AM

Linkus Mastii FTW! icon_razz.gif

#9 Devdogg

Devdogg

• Members

Posted 21 November 2006 - 07:50 AM

Linkus Mastii Gets my vizote

One thing id like to suggest.....the stairs look very steep.
..if you feel like changing it...Extend the bottom and top of the stairs out 3 steps...
It would add that extra bit. The bottom steps could even wrap around the corner of the bottom pillar....mmm I just noticed...
are the bottom pillar and top..(the staircase railing) are the the same?One ifyouwill?
aright the top of the stair case needs to appear to be IN the floor....so make the stairs appear to be cut out in the floor and add a few steps.

The rest of the screen looks great. I love the shadows from the walls...although, darking them couldnt hurt.

the other screen shots...looks great friends...some cool ****e comeing out...cant wait...

#10 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 21 November 2006 - 08:23 AM

I voted for Linkus. What can I say? I'm a sucker for custom tiles. icon_wink.gif

#11 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 21 November 2006 - 10:46 AM

The score was 3-3 this morning, now it's 6-6. Heh. Good game, Linkus. icon_wink.gif

I'm a bit disturbed by the comments such as:
QUOTE(Relic AND Petoe)
What can I say? I'm a sucker for custom tiles

If this has become a tile contest, I'd like to point out that the majority of my screen is custom also. The walls, floors, subscreen borders, hearts, minitiles, and bomb sprite are custom. And the player and enemy sprites are edits. icon_razz.gif

#12 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 21 November 2006 - 11:09 AM

I voted revfan

#13 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 21 November 2006 - 11:20 AM

Linkus, for obvious reasons. I don't usually vote for the person who has uber-custom tiles, but to be honest I have seen much, much better. I got PWNT again lolz. 1 vote against 9... ouch. I've pretty much given up on trying to win an SotW, cause unless you have 100% custom works that make your cream your pants, you don't even have a chance of winning. Heh...

#14 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 21 November 2006 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE(Sharon Daniel @ Nov 21 2006, 07:46 AM) View Post
If this has become a tile contest, I'd like to point out that the majority of my screen is custom also. The walls, floors, subscreen borders, hearts, minitiles, and bomb sprite are custom. And the player and enemy sprites are edits. icon_razz.gif

Well, the idea is to make the prettiest screen, right? Chances are, a poorly designed tileset using Minish Cap graphics will beat out a well designed Classic Set screenshot

And, it's not THAT the tiles are custom, if you know what I mean

#15 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 21 November 2006 - 12:25 PM

I understand what you're saying. Maybe I'm biased, but I just don't think Linkus' screen is all that great. I'm not exactly in love with my own shot either, but I do like it more. Meh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users