Photo

Screenshot of the Week 145

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 145 (41 member(s) have cast votes)

The choices!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 13 November 2006 - 01:14 PM

Sorry this weeks is late, but I only had 2 submissions as of last night, and I won't post it if I only have 2 shots. Here are your options for this week.

Moonwhisper
IPB Image
Ha, now Link is trapped in a game I'm making, full of spelling errors and plot holes!

Sharon Daniel
IPB Image
Only 186 more rupees to go...

blaman
IPB Image
The dark realm of Drahkian, beware...

Enjoy the great shots we have this week! icon_wink.gif

#2 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 13 November 2006 - 01:53 PM

I voted for Sharon. I can't stop staring in awe at those graphics... O_o

#3 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 13 November 2006 - 03:21 PM

Nulled.

Now, to explain my shot. It's a bomb shop, obviously. The bomb and powder keg sprites are custom, as are the wall and floor tiles. Everything else is ripped and edited.
Major credit to Mr. Z for the 8-bit palette. icon_smile.gif

#4 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 November 2006 - 03:35 PM

Sharon gets my vote this time. The graphics are high quality and the screen easily fulfills its purpose of being a bomb shop.

The other two screenshots are well put together as well, so it was a close call.

#5 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 13 November 2006 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE(Sharon Daniel @ Nov 13 2006, 03:21 PM) View Post

Now, to explain my shot. It's a bomb shop, obviously. The bomb and powder keg sprites are custom, as are the wall and floor tiles. Everything else is ripped and edited.

One minor question: What's a Powder Keg? Something tells me it came from Majora's Mask, the only Zelda game I have yet to play... O_o

#6 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 13 November 2006 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE(Sharon Daniel @ Nov 13 2006, 02:21 PM) View Post

Nulled.

I wouldn't have known the sprites and tiles you mentioned were custom if I were staring at that screenshot the entire day! They're so authentic-looking!

Oh yeah, I must, by my tradition, judge the others, as well. icon_razz.gif

Moonwhisper - Where have I seen that pic before? icon_razz.gif I'm sorry, but using the same screen over and adding a waterfall on the side just deducts points (don't worry, they're Whose Line? points icon_lol.gif ). Also about the waterfall, it doesn't fit in with the rest of the pic. If it's winter scenery, the water must be affected, somehow.
On a side note: the mountains look good.

Sharon Daniel - Who knew a simple shop would be a nice screenshot? Beautiful rips from Minish Cap (the Goron and treasure chest) and LttP combined with custom tiles that are to drool over icon_drool.gif makes a really great pic. As far as constructive criticism goes, I can't really say anything. I can't find anything to point out that's negative. Everything in the pic is well synchronized with each other.

blaman - Ooh, a Pure shot! I like how you used the layers to give the pic a spooky environment. The enemies seem well-placed for the pic as well. Thumbs up here! icon_thumbsup.gif

My vote goes to Sharon Daniel for the beautiful graphics shot. I gave a nice amount of points to him on account that his floor, wall, and item tiles and sprites were custom. Unfortunately, they're also Whose Line? points. icon_razz.gif

#7 Siguy

Siguy

• Members

Posted 13 November 2006 - 04:02 PM

It's nice to see some wonderful shots this week. All are excellent.

Moonwhisper: It's an overal good shot, but I see some repetitively used tiles, and the mountains are used improperly

Sharon Daniel: It's beautiful and original. Got my vote.

blaman: Excellent shot, but nothing I havn't seen before.

#8 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 13 November 2006 - 04:08 PM

I like Sharon's. Can't explain the shop any other way.

blaman's I've definately seen before.

Add in a little ice and snow and POW! Winter. Nicely done. But could use just a little more.

#9 Siguy

Siguy

• Members

Posted 13 November 2006 - 04:11 PM

Just a suggestion to blaman. Don't ever, ever use ML rain. It's big and ugly and blocks the screen. Use ALTTP rain. It's much better and less invasive.

#10 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 13 November 2006 - 05:50 PM

I do have to say, that I voted for blaman. I liked his shot a lot, no particular reason, it just yelled at me!

#11 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 13 November 2006 - 08:36 PM

Blaman's shot looks the finest to me. It's a good solid shot. They all are fine of course, but the Goron shot lacks detail IMO and the Link in Moonwhisper's subscreen... well I just don't like it. But other than that it's a great wintery shot.

Good SOTW this week. icon_thumbsup.gif

#12 Red Phazon

Red Phazon

Adept

• Members

Posted 14 November 2006 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE(Matthew @ Nov 13 2006, 01:45 PM) View Post

One minor question: What's a Powder Keg? Something tells me it came from Majora's Mask, the only Zelda game I have yet to play... O_o

Since no one answered your question yet, a powder keg is like a super bomb, but it can only be used by Goron Link. It can also be shot to make it explode early.

I voted for SD. Nice comfy looking bomb shop with nice graphics.

#13 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 14 November 2006 - 12:22 AM

Nulled. Just couldn't decide who to vote for, I like them all!

Moonwhisper: Hmm... I've seen this shot before! icon_razz.gif Good to see you've taken peoples advice and changed the shot acordingly, it's looking better.

Sharon Daniel: Good custom graphics, though I'd suggest adding a bit more contrast to the browns and giving those walls some corners. A square cave just looks like garbage, sorry. Try to add more depth to where the walls and floor joins. The cave walls aren't flat, so why do they join the floor in one straight line? The graphics are good, but the transitions between them are horrible.

blaman: Nice shot, but a bit too much going on. It looks really crowded. It's a shame you almost NEED so much cloud, but I think you should cut back on the cloud cover as much as you can without losing the feel, it's just masking too much of the shot. Those weapon sprites are awesome though icon_wink.gif

#14 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 14 November 2006 - 05:53 AM

Moonwhisper's is very similar to his last shot, which was pretty good, but his screens are starting to get too busy. There are a few too many unconnected elements here; you don't need to use every tile you like on the same screen. Other than that, it's got the same good qualities as his last one.

Blaman's is much the same, in a slightly different way. Green grass, dead grass, skulls on pedestals, trees, giant ribcages, fog AND rain at the same time, tentacle vines, AND five different types of trees?... Whoah! Calm down, man!! icon_odd.gif You don't have to do everything at once... at the very least, don't do fog and rain at the same time, and limit the types of trees you use?...

Sharon Daniel's is simple, but it all blends together VERY well. icon_smile.gif A large number of colors are in use, but they all compliment eachother, as do the tiles. This is a very cohesive shot, and pretty high quality to boot. It gets my vote.

#15 .TakaM

.TakaM

Junior

• Members

Posted 14 November 2006 - 06:52 AM

null, i was really hoping to see gashin's amazing shot he promised this week icon_razz.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users