Photo

Screenshot of the Week 139

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 139 (42 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshot of the Week 139

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 28 September 2006 - 07:51 PM

Here we go on our next round of SotW! We have 5 entries today. Here they are...

spriteman
IPB Image

Gashin
IPB Image
They don't call it the 'Dark World' for nothing!

pikaguy900
IPB Image
My newer subscreen, complete with Active and Passive Subscreens! Also included is my Phazon Frigate Map. I even have a partial Map Key!

Darkspawn
IPB Image
LBHD-TMA has gone in the HttD Tileset.

Hero Link
IPB Image
Hurry Link!!! Get it unlocked and get inside before you get HURT!!! @_@

There we go! Now you've seen the runners up, now cast your vote, and be heard. @_@ HEEHEE!!! icon_wink.gif

#2 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 28 September 2006 - 07:56 PM

First off, I'd like to say that until I finish my subscreen in Metroid: The Chozo Prophecy, I'm not submitting anymore screenshots. I don't like sending in a screenshot of my subscreen just to have it changed drastically later. Fortunately, I'm almost done, so... Good for you. Second, I'm voting for spriteman, because very few people can actually draw a good-looking close-up of Link. I'd vote for you, Hero Link, but I don't think anything can beat a Link picture that doesn't make him look freaky.

Edit: On a side note, is the text nothing but normal tiles? If not... How in the world did you shade the text?!

Edited by pikaguy900, 28 September 2006 - 07:57 PM.

#3 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 28 September 2006 - 07:59 PM

I voted for Hero Link. If the water had proper borders the screen would be perfect.

#4 Naldrag

Naldrag

Certified Idiot

• Members

Posted 28 September 2006 - 08:00 PM

Honestly Gashin, do you always have to come in here and pwn all our screenshots? icon_razz.gif

I voted for Gashin.

Edited by Darkspawn, 28 September 2006 - 08:00 PM.

#5 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 28 September 2006 - 08:01 PM

Impressive icon_smile.gif

Spriteman:
Nice portriat of Link, but it's the only interesting thing, really. The background is cool, but It seems there should be more mountain and less water/ sky. EDIT: I forgot to mention some stuff about the subscreen. The grey looks weird compared to your other detailed stuff, and the buttons ahould be bigger so we can see them, and to take up more space, and give the illusion of detail.

Gashin:
I'm sure I'm the only one who will say something other than "OMG 1337 1337 PWNAgeee" and actually add something constructive. The screen is nice, but the trees seem too detailed, and next to the plain grass and BS mountais it looks awkward. If you made the grass darker, it's be better, IMO. But, it is still awesome, and I voted for it.

Pikaguy900:
Three words. Way. To. Bland. Sorry, but there should be a lot more there... I'm not sutre how else to say it. It just looks empty.

Darkspawn:
Nice, newer looking shot, but the trees are laid out awkwardly.

Hero Link:
I love the GB set, but you know you're missing some corner-water peices icon_razz.gif

This is a better showing than usual icon_smile.gif

Edited by Anthus, 28 September 2006 - 08:02 PM.

#6 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 28 September 2006 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE(Sharon Daniel @ Sep 28 2006, 07:59 PM)
I voted for Hero Link. If the water had proper borders the screen would be perfect.

View Post

Such is the limitations of the CGBZ Tileset... I'm glad to see people taking an interest in that tileset. icon_biggrin.gif

#7 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 September 2006 - 08:11 PM

Despite this being a hard decision for me, I have yet to ever null vote on SotW.

spriteman - Nice job on that horizon. It is certainly a great finishing touch to that screen. This shot gets my vote.

Gashin - Dark and rocky it is indeed. A great screen like usual.

pikaguy900 - I am not a big fan of the right aligned item categories. Perhaps it just needs to grow on me. I like the bottom section, though.

Darkspawn - Another decent shot, but you have quite some competition.

Hero Link - A good setup with good detail, but like Darkspawn's, it is not my favorite among them all.

#8 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 28 September 2006 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE(Nathaniel @ Sep 28 2006, 08:11 PM)
pikaguy900 - I am not a big fan of the right aligned item categories.  Perhaps it just needs to grow on me.  I like the bottom section, though.

View Post

I put them on the right because the Map goes on the left. The categories are there because this shot is from my Metroid quest, Metroid: The Chozo Prophecy. All Metroid games with a Status Screen have the upgrades placed in categories, like Missiles go under "Missiles". I set the items up the same way, to keep that Metroid-esque feel. Just wanted to let you know why it's like that. icon_wink.gif Plus, I don't blame you if you don't like it- I don't either. At least, not anymore. I can do better, and I have.

#9 .TakaM

.TakaM

Junior

• Members

Posted 28 September 2006 - 11:35 PM

some nice ones this week, gotta go with gashin because I havent seen a zc screenshot like that before

#10 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 29 September 2006 - 06:22 AM

I voted for spriteman. His is the coolest.

Gashin-Great job. For some reason the BS mts. fit in well.

Darkspawn-Beautiful. You get a cookie. Sadly, not a vote.

pikaguy900-Nice job. But like stated before, too bland. Add like a big samus like in SM.

Hero Link-Nice job-the GBC set is always fun

#11 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 29 September 2006 - 07:58 AM

I'm voting for Gashin. I would've voted for Spriteman, but that mountaintop is a little bland.

#12 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 29 September 2006 - 09:51 AM

Gashin. This was a tough one this time. As all the shots were great.

#13 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 September 2006 - 02:15 PM

Voted for Hero Link.
Nice GBA set use, very nice...

Spriteman and Gashin gets cookie, too.

#14 Red Phazon

Red Phazon

Adept

• Members

Posted 29 September 2006 - 11:20 PM

spriteman: Nice, but there's nothing really going on in it. Don't know what else to say.

Gashin: I really like the colors in this shot. I don't like it as much as other shots I've seen from you, but this one is still the best one put together so I voted for this one.

pikaguy900: It's a nice organized looking subscreen, but it looks too plain to win this week. Plus I usualy go for the screens that have good design, have colors that go well together or have a theme, are not too cluttered or too empty, blah blah...

Darkspawn: Not a bad shot, but for some reason it bothers me when I see a mountain like that icon_shrug.gif . I also am not a fan of BS graphics mainly because of the dullish colors and just the style of it (mainly the grass). So that made it hard for me to vote for it. I also think there are too many trees in the bushy area.

Hero Link: I almost voted for this one. I love the gameboy tileset and you used it well. The thing that bothered me the most was that piece of the ocean. Mabe this is just me, but the sandy area looks just a little too crowded for me.

BtW, I started oraganizing the CGBZ tileset a few days ago, but havn't said anything yet in case I don't get anywhere. (Well now I said something...) I finished the overworld, cave, and house palettes so far. That part's not hard, but the tile pages... they're a nightmare. icon_omg.gif And that's enough off-topicness for now.

#15 spriteman

spriteman

• Members

Posted 30 September 2006 - 04:39 AM

QUOTE(Anthus @ Sep 28 2006, 07:01 PM)
Spriteman:
Nice portriat of Link, but it's the only interesting thing, really. The background is cool, but It seems there should be more mountain and less water/ sky. EDIT: I forgot to mention some stuff about the subscreen. The grey looks weird compared to your other detailed stuff, and the buttons ahould be bigger so we can see them, and to take up more space, and give the illusion of detail.

View Post

Thanks for the commentary, I'll be improving the pasive subscreen in the next sotw.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users