Photo

Screenshot of the Week 137

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 137 (36 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshot of the Week 137

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 13 September 2006 - 07:05 PM

Darkspawn
user posted image
LBHD-TMA's New Boss Meter, oh look Fire Man's here too!

Sharon Daniel
user posted image
Ooh, pretty building.

Radien
user posted image
Delving (and diving) into the lower levels of the Water Temple...

Sorry for the delay. Radien sent me his submission last night, but by the time I got to it he was offline; the image wasn't showing. So, now that I have the time, here it is

#2 Tseng

Tseng

MMmmmmm Simpsonized

• Members

Posted 13 September 2006 - 07:10 PM

Oh man... Nice shots this week...

I have to go with Sharon Daniel though, because not only is that Temple Entrance fabulously designed (with what looks to be a warp spot), But I love the look of that Subscreen.

Nice Job everyone

#3 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 September 2006 - 08:36 PM

Nice selection guys!

Darkspawn - For something that looks simple for the most part, it looks pretty darn good. Nice job on implementing the boss meter and fire man.

Radien - Yet another screen with that nice DoR look. Those octorocks on water is a interesting feat.

Sharon Daniel - My choice for this week. Now that is what I call a complete shot! It's a good thing you didn't include that plastic looking roof of the building in that shot, for it wouldn't do justice for the well done facade.

#4 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 13 September 2006 - 08:43 PM

Ehh, I nulled. I don't know, this collection didn't seem to spectacular, even though they're still all good icon_heh.gif

#5 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 13 September 2006 - 08:44 PM

I voted for Darkspawn because of Fire Man. I can't help it if I've never seen him used as a boss in a quest (If he was in MMDWRDC, I wouldn't know- I didn't play it much before I got very annoyed by the words used. No offense.).

#6 System Error

System Error

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 13 September 2006 - 09:30 PM

Darkspawn - Although you have a nice, clean rip from The Wily Wars and Mega Man X2, there just isn't anything special about this screen besides that.

Mighty Darknut - What's that white and blue thing on the ground? What's with the red behind the temple? In addition to that, the diagonal and horizontal flowers' overlapping looks terrible. Everything else seems all right though.

Radien - Excellent bats. The octoroks walking on water look unusual. In addition, there is just something wrong with the transition into the doorway. It just doesn't look right. Other than that, this shot is nice and solid.

#7 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 14 September 2006 - 11:34 AM

I guess I should explain a few things about my shot.

Firstly, that building is not a temple. It is the home and office of the governer of that city. The white symbol on the ground is a save circle. I'm aware that the flower barriers do no align perfectly; I didn't take the time to fix them yet. The red in the background, I assume you are referring to the brick wall. This is a multi-leveled city and there is many walls.

#8 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 14 September 2006 - 01:00 PM

Sharon defently gets my vote.
Good overall shots.

#9 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 14 September 2006 - 05:23 PM

Hmm...

Darkspawn: I like the boss, and the boss meter, but the room is so simple. You should put torches at the corner of that platform and maybe some of those fireball guy's that jump out of lava in various Mario games.

Sharon: I like this shot. The building , flowers and overall landscape looks nice.

Radien: I like the idea of an underground river. But this shot doen't tell much about what the level will be like. (By the way, what is that uber-sexy B-Item? Is that Nayru's Love?)

#10 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 14 September 2006 - 11:59 PM

Darkspawn- This is a good screenshot. Although it is a little bland, that is understandable, because it's a custom boss, and you can't have a ton of things cluttering stuff up, especially if you have a lot of movement for the main character.

Sharon Daniel- *votes* Great looking quest. I love everything about it. Good use of images, and beautiful subscreen. Great setup of everything. I give this a 10/10. Superb work. ^_^

Radien- Good work there Radien. I think this is the first shot I've ever seen that has rocks underneath the water, but of course, not many quests have clearish water in them, do they? It's a very nice screen.

Good stuff guys. I hope to get a lot of screenshots from you all. I can't wait to start SotW back up again, since it has been almost a year now, since I got to do it last.

#11 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 15 September 2006 - 07:30 AM

Sharon Daniel gets my vote. Very nice use of graphics.

The rest are all nice but Sharon's stands out more.

#12 .TakaM

.TakaM

Junior

• Members

Posted 15 September 2006 - 08:32 AM

radien. only one that doesnt hurt my eyes

#13 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 18 September 2006 - 08:33 PM

Meh, I nulled. None of them really stuck out at me...

#14 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 19 September 2006 - 06:40 AM

Hmmm... how many people have recognized that the subscreen frame from Sharon Daniel (a.k.a. Mighty Darknut)'s screenshot is from Minish Cap? It's an excellent subscreen, but it's exactly the same as it was in his last screenshot.

QUOTE(Nathaniel @ Sep 13 2006, 06:36 PM)
Radien - Yet another screen with that nice DoR look.  Those octorocks on water is a interesting feat.

View Post

They aren't really walking on water, persay. Those rocks under the water function as shallow water (I took care to make sure their appearance lined up with the walk flags). The octos don't look like they're walking on shallow water because Zelda Classic STILL doesn't support shallow water ripples for enemies. icon_razz.gif

Oh, and the half-submerged octo is DoR's version of the Zora enemy (since Zoras aren't enemies in Ocarina of Time's Hyrule).

QUOTE(System Error @ Sep 13 2006, 07:30 PM)
Radien - Excellent bats. The octoroks walking on water look unusual. In addition, there is just something wrong with the transition into the doorway. It just doesn't look right. Other than that, this shot is nice and solid.

View Post

Thanks for noticing the bats. icon_smile.gif They're from SD3. I edited an extra tile from SD3, to add an extra frame to the keese tiles I got from the SD3 tileset. Hard to notice without the animation, though. And I already mentioned the octos, above...

As for the doorway... icon_shrug.gif ...those particular tiles are mostly unaltered from LTTP. Are you referring to the door frame, or the steps and floor?

QUOTE(theryan @ Sep 14 2006, 03:23 PM)
Radien:  I like the idea of an underground river.  But this shot doen't tell much about what the level will be like.  (By the way, what is that uber-sexy B-Item? Is that Nayru's Love?)

View Post

Hmm, I will see if I can pick out a more descriptive screen next time. Gashin needed a 3rd screenshot, so I just picked the screen from this floor that was the most complete. It's hard to sum up what this floor of the water temple will be like without showing multiple screens. The floor with all the cave tunnels extends underneath the "real" water temple.

Yes, that is Nayru's Love. icon_smile.gif Credit goes to a loose tile submission by Master of Power.

QUOTE(Hero Link @ Sep 14 2006, 09:59 PM)
Radien- Good work there Radien. I think this is the first shot I've ever seen that has rocks underneath the water, but of course, not many quests have clearish water in them, do they? It's a very nice screen.

View Post

I'm glad somebody commented on the water... I worked hard on it and it's the main reason I entered this shot.

Anyway, yeah, I've been toying with the idea of marking shallow water with something other than light blue. Dungeon palettes give me more freedom in DoR, because they have a whole CSet dedicated to just blues (water) and reds (lava).

#15 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 20 September 2006 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE(Radien @ Sep 19 2006, 07:40 AM)
Hmmm... how many people have recognized that the subscreen frame from Sharon Daniel's screenshot is from Minish Cap? It's an excellent subscreen, but it's exactly the same as it was in his last screenshot.

View Post

Yeah, the frame is from The Minish Cap, but edited, obviously, being that the menu in tMC isn't 3x16 tiles. The hearts and buttons are custom though. And of course it's the same subscreen as my last entry; do you expect me to change it every week? icon_confused2.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users