Photo

Screenshot of the Week 134

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 134 (42 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshot of the Week 134

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 15 August 2006 - 03:43 AM

Billy Ronald
user posted image
OMG A subscreen that you can see through

Jonathan
user posted image
The world is sinking!!!.

Linkus Mastii
user posted image
Time phases? Sure, if I can get it to work correctly...

Mighty Darknut
user posted image
Link stealthfully infiltrates the base... through the front door.

Rex Zemenheart
user posted image
A Final Fantasy: "ZC" mock-up.

Shoelace
user posted image
Link is stepping on the stUmp! (By the way, we are working on the subscreen)

Yes, it's late. I know. Shut up

I've had tons of stuff to do today, so gimme a break

#2 .TakaM

.TakaM

Junior

• Members

Posted 15 August 2006 - 04:28 AM

linkus mastii, nice feel to it.

#3 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 15 August 2006 - 07:47 AM

It's a toss between Johnathan and Linkus. Both are good. Johnathan's actually got more detail though.

#4 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 15 August 2006 - 08:30 AM

Linkus. No contest.
I mean... wow, so pleasent colors! Nothing bad about the screenie.

#5 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 15 August 2006 - 11:53 AM

Linkuss FTW

though Billy Ronald has a VERY INTRESTING subscreen, he would be my second vote.

#6 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 15 August 2006 - 12:28 PM

They are all uninteresting to me except for Linkus. What tileset is that? It inspires me to make something with it.

#7 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 15 August 2006 - 12:33 PM

yep, it's Linkus icon_wink.gif

#8 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 15 August 2006 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Aug 15 2006, 12:28 PM)
They are all uninteresting to me except for Linkus. What tileset is that? It inspires me to make something with it.

View Post

I've titled it NZTS(guess what they stand for), but it's going to be quest-exclusive and is very disorgaized right now. As for being quest-exclusive, I don't have to worry about certain issues, like having a bunch of colors for users and not needing tiles that work in multiple level palettes. However, if I do decide to release it, it will definitely need an overhaul.

On another note, I didn't think that screen would do so well. I've GOT to make a new treetop to accompany the MC one though, now that I've completed some bridge tiles.

As for the other screenshots:

Billy Ronald--Nice subscreen background, but that's about it. THe farames a,nd text overlap each other in some places, but it seems too oragnized.

Jonathan--I like the walls and floor tiles, along with your "Ark" Link, but I've noticed that the corners round off too sharply.

Mighty Darknut--Nice bulding, reminds me of something from Pokémon.

Rex Zemehart--It's FF1. THe only thing you could do is enhance the tiles, but that's it.

Shoelace--Something's going to happen. I do like the idea of putting green trees with a snow-covered field though.

#9 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 15 August 2006 - 04:20 PM

Billy Ronald- I like your categorization of the items, but I am not wild about how you make use of the overall space. Mainly it is that the category titles take up more space than they need to.

Jonathan- Nice looking tiles with good detail to them. I feel as if something is missing, though.

Linkus Mastii- A beautiful shot indeed. It looks very natural without sacrificing its potential for good gameplay. I have yet to find something to criticize about it, without reading the posts above. You get my vote.

Mighty Darknut- Nice building, and nice placements of objects. It looks very gameworthy, but I can't say it's the #1 shot among the six.

Rex Zemenheart- I am not a big fan of the final fantasy look, but you seem to do a decent job with it. Once again, good, but not #1.

Shoelace- Nice looking winter shot. It reminds me of the Winter part of Season Isle from HoD. The snowbanks are a bit too cubical for my tastes. Of course they come from OoS, so what can you do? Everything else is pretty good.

#10 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 16 August 2006 - 04:58 AM

My vote goes to Rex, I like the old-school look and I'm not saying this because a few others think it sucks because of how its FF1.
As always, everyone will pick the Minish Cap tiles... >_>

#11 Jonathan

Jonathan

Wizard

• Members

Posted 16 August 2006 - 05:57 AM

um gashin that wasnt the caption i had for that shot icon_razz.gif
doesnt matter tho
Jonathan- Nice looking tiles with good detail to them. I feel as if something is missing, though.

yea i messed up my subscreen and was working with it instead of makin the shot better
by the time i finished the subscreen i was really tired so i sent it to gashin and went to bed
Jonathan--I like the walls and floor tiles, along with your "Ark" Link, but I've noticed that the corners round off too sharply.

the ark link is only temporary,but what do u meen about the corners?

#12 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 16 August 2006 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE(Jonathan @ Aug 16 2006, 03:57 AM)
um gashin that wasnt the caption i had for that shot icon_razz.gif
doesnt matter tho

View Post

Ohshi-- It's not! Whoops. Do you want me to change it?

#13 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 16 August 2006 - 06:32 PM

I voted for Rex because of his classic feel from a favorite RPG. I like the subscreens and all, but I am looking for in-game action, like an assault on a castle, a funny moment in a Cafe, or something to that effect. The Zelda pics are a little ordinary. The Minish Cap pic is good, but what's going on there? Looks like a staredown between Link and an Octorok. Shoelace's pic is good, but, like I said, isn't showing much. Also, the sinking world pic isn't using many tile variations. So, basically, I vote for Rex's pic because it showed something different.

#14 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Banned

Posted 16 August 2006 - 07:03 PM

Hmm. I'd have voted for Linkus if I didn't enter.

Billy Ronald's is decent, but the layout is kind of wierd. I like the catagories, but perhaps they should be centered with the other stuff around them since you have a alot of space in the center.

Jonathan's is good, but I didn't realize it was water untill I looked at it a second time. Perhaps you should add some water border tiles so it looks like it's against the walls.

Linkus' is awesome. I really like the grass. It makes the shot look a lot more detailed...

Mighty Darknut's is kind of odd. I don't think that building goes too well with the desert. It is a nice building though.

Shoelace's is also good. But, are thyose bushes in the lower left radiating some sort of heat? They have no snow on them icon_razz.gif They seem to stick out. Can you change seasons?

#15 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 16 August 2006 - 07:34 PM

I'll just have to vote for Linkus Mastii here. It looks like a picture our of a storybook. The colors are simply gorgeous.

Billy Ronald: Creative idea, but the categories still appear a bit disorganized... I cannot name a more efficient method off the top of my head, but there has to be one out there.
Jonathan: Could use some more tile variation, and it doesn't look like water at first glance... but a good concept.
Mighty Darknut: My eye is attracted to the clash of styles between the buildings and the mountains--sorry.
Rex Zemenheart: Skillfully crafted, but as far as colors and tile variation go, I don't think it's the best SOTW candidate.
Shoelace: Nothing really caught my eye in this shot. It looks fine, but there's no... [cheesyphrase]pizazz[/cheesyphrase].

Good effort by everybody once again, though. icon_smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users