Photo

Screenshot of the Week 130

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 130 (45 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshot of the Week 130

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 09 July 2006 - 03:17 PM

DragonBoy
user posted image
Octorok's gang up on poor link.

Gashin
user posted image
The Goddesses speak; The fantasy begins

IaN
user posted image

Mighty Darknut
user posted image

Revfan9
user posted image
I have a feeling I am gonna get PWN'D, again...

Rex Zemenheart
user posted image
Experimental mountain tiles... They're not quite done, but they still look cool.

Sephiroth
user posted image
Darn bee, It got in my way. icon_frown.gif

I'm impressed; huge turnout this week. if only everyone would submit like this EVERY WEEK *nudge nudge*

#2 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 July 2006 - 03:34 PM

DragonBoy - I love those plants in the foreground. It really gives a good sense of a third person perspective. Somehow I feel as if something else could be added to the screen, but I am not sure what exactly.

Gashin - Simply amazing. I love how you have the light shining down between the trees above. The ground is very nice as well. You get my vote.

IaN - Pretty nice. I like what you are using. I wish I could think of more to say.

Mighty Darknut - Pretty good as well. The lava flows are a nice touch, and I like the walls you use on this one, compared to some of the other Metroid shots.

Revfan9 - It is a nice looking higher quality run of the mill overworld screen. That caption could certainly apply to Link's situation in the screen, rather than your opinion on where you stand in this competition.

Rex Zemenheart - It seems kind of awkward to me, as you already know. Some diagonal cliffs and more detail to the lower grass would certainly add some spice.

Sephiroth - Wow. A nice looking block puzzle. I see that the hookshot is needed to be used as well. Those bees can certainly get in the way!

#3 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 09 July 2006 - 03:44 PM

I'm about to get beaten agian by Gashin.

Gashin: Very nice screen. But the person laying down, ( I assume Link.) reminds me of the Black Mage in FF1.icon_razz.gif
IaN: Nice items and subscreen. Can't think of anything else to mention.
Mighty_Darknut: Its an average Metriod shot. Not much else to say.
Revfan1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9: Seems average also. Basic mountain setup with PTUX.
Seph: Nice puzzle.
Rex_Z: Agian those Sonic looking mountains. Looks alright to me.

Edited by DragonBoy, 09 July 2006 - 03:45 PM.

#4 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 09 July 2006 - 04:10 PM

Agh, I'm late with my submission! Oh well, there seems to be enough screenies, so maybe next time... icon_razz.gif

Anyhoo, Revfan9 has the best entry this time. IaN and Gashin have both submitted good stuff as usual, but I love winter and that, Fan of Rev, is an above average winter shot! The layout is that great! *votes*

I'm gonna puke my guts out if Gashin wins once again. Haha, lol. ^_^

#5 Naldrag

Naldrag

Certified Idiot

• Members

Posted 09 July 2006 - 05:03 PM

Gashin's looks the best so I voted for him. (Of course all his screens looks good icon_razz.gif)

#6 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 09 July 2006 - 05:19 PM

DragonBoy : Love those rass things that stick out, nice MC style.
Gashin: Whoa, just... whoa, I like the graphics and sprites! You get my vote, but I think you should place a black outline under the text.
IaN: nice screen, but it feels real open to me...
MightyDarknut: Hmm, it's ok shot. I don't really like the color of the lava. nice space pirates though... could I use them????
revfan9: Hmm, a fine shot, a good one really. but this one doesn't catch my eye.
Rex Zemenheart: I don't like the color that mixes with the mountains and the grass/dirt/water/trees/plants. It just looks way to bright O.o
Sephiroth: Looks really raelly bright and I like the new custom graphics ^_^. This is my second vote.

#7 Deathbringer

Deathbringer

Master

• Members

Posted 09 July 2006 - 05:21 PM

DragonBoy: I can't even tell if the water is night sky or water itself. Heck, I don't know altogether. All there is a bunch of white dots on the water.
Gashin: Gets my vote. Just get a message box darn it!
IaN: The ground is a little dull, add some rocks if possible.
Mighty Darknut:Real good. It's the not best but I don't see how to make this stand out like Gashin or PrinceMSC.
Revfan9: Like I said before, try to put in some snow clumps like the ones in...uh, OoS. Take a look at Shoelaces winter season isle. That looks like winter.
Rex Zemenheart: It looks as if the mountains were jammed into a puzzle. There's some lines around the mountain rock that make it look like that.
Sephiroth: I remember this screen! Excellent glass and lava. Keep it up. Of course, you already did that.

#8 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Banned

Posted 09 July 2006 - 05:34 PM

O-o... Every time I enter, everyone else does, and I get my ass kicked icon_razz.gif

Dragonboy:
If I didn't enter, I'd have voted for you. I love the colors, and that grass on the left...

Gashin:
I bet those light beams animate... This is a nice shot, but I've seen this all before.

Ian:
Very cool. This would have been a close second. The only thing I can see making it better is more ground details...

Mighty Darknut:
Nice, but nothing special. I like your outdoor shots better. Maybe its the roundedness of the mountains...

RevFan9:
Nice layout, but I've always liked a more bluish snow.

My entry:
Meh. I may not use these after all...

Sephiroth:
Wow. Ice over lava? That scream realistic icon_razz.gif I really like this screen. 3rd place, IMO.

#9 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 09 July 2006 - 07:12 PM

DragonBoy: I can't even tell if the water is night sky or water itself. Heck, I don't know altogether. All there is a bunch of white dots on the water.

Your the only person who complained about the water. The water is suppose to be dark for a reason. The pallete will get fixed. Also, the dots on the waters are from New_First. I tried to make it look sparkly, but failed. I may change it, even though, It looks much better animated.

#10 Deathbringer

Deathbringer

Master

• Members

Posted 09 July 2006 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE(DragonBoy @ Jul 9 2006, 07:12 PM)
Your the only person who complained about the water. The water is suppose to be dark for a reason. The pallete will get fixed. Also, the dots on the waters are from New_First. I tried to make it look sparkly, but failed. I may change it, even though, It looks much better animated.

View Post

I'm only pointing out the white specs. Currently, the white dots are stars. You could try using the SD3 water that someone summited to make it seem dark.

Edited by Kingboo30, 09 July 2006 - 07:17 PM.

#11 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 09 July 2006 - 07:18 PM

I did that first. But.. It didn't match with the water. Since, I'm using the darker verison of water pallete. I guess I could switch the palletes around a bit.

Edited by DragonBoy, 09 July 2006 - 08:12 PM.

#12 rexlaninetales

rexlaninetales

9 tailed kitsune

• Members

Posted 09 July 2006 - 10:28 PM

DragonBoy:
I liked your screen shot the best! Those leaves look so real. And the sandy texture is also nicely rendered. Great job DragonBoy!
-------
Gashin:
Awsome forest scenery. I love the sun beams and the intricate detail of the trees! 2nd place.
-------
IaN:
Not too shabby. I love how your magma river turned out. Tied with Mighty Darknut for 3rd place.
-------
Mighty Darknut:
Now this is more like it! I love the bright and bubbly lava. I also like the nova enemies, they look sweet! Tied with IaN for 3rd place.
-------
Revfan9:
I love a good arctic scene. Could have used more tiles, but still its nice ninetheless. 4th place.
-------
Rex Zemenheart:
I'm not too crazy about this one. The textures are repetative and the water has no detail. The mountain tiles are the strong point. 6th place.
-------
Sephiroth:
Nice! I kind of feel claustrophobic looking at that screen. The wall and ground texture seems nice. Also, nice puzzle. 5th place.

#13 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 09 July 2006 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE(Rex Zemenheart @ Jul 9 2006, 03:34 PM)
Gashin:
I bet those light beams animate... This is a nice shot, but I've seen this all before.

View Post

yes, they animate exactly the same as they do in Minish Cap, which is where I got them from. you know when you first enter the Minish Woods, the light beams appear? those are what I used, and the same animation pattern

#14 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 10 July 2006 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE(Peteo @ Jul 9 2006, 05:10 PM)
Agh, I'm late with my submission! Oh well, there seems to be enough screenies, so maybe next time... icon_razz.gif
Anyhoo, Revfan9 has the best entry this time. IaN and Gashin have both submitted good stuff as usual, but I love winter and that, Fan of Rev, is an above average winter shot! The layout is that great! *votes*

I'm gonna puke my guts out if Gashin wins once again. Haha, lol. ^_^

View Post

Yay! Thank you Peteo, reading that made my day! ^_^

And now, onto the critique.

Dragonboy:

Link's shrunken in the middle of a garden? Either that or that is the biggest grass on earth. Points for the grass, but I also see you've forgotten how to use DoR's mountain setup, I think I know what kind of effect you were going for with that though. The only way I know how to do that is to use 2 layers of mountains taht are right ontop of the other, both having the exact same layout, but with the bottom one having that one change.

Gashin:

Lolz is that a forest? The shot sorta lacks color, and FYI for all how love those sunbeams, they were ripped from MC, like almost the rest of the tiles in that screen, I think icon_freak.gif

IaN:

A basic Lava scene. Your using the adventure tileset I see, and that lava is just far too straight. Perhaps you should try using some diagonals?

MD:

This shot puts me to sleep. That's not a good thing. That lava's pallette has too bright of yellow tinge. It's eye bleeding.

Revfan9:

I thought I told you to stop using square mountain ranges! This is the worst screen ever!

Rex:

Eww... Youda thunk that you would at least have fixed those mountains before you entered in SotW.

Sephiroth:

Uhh... Nice glass?

I nulled.

#15 IaN

IaN

Warrior

• Members

Posted 10 July 2006 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE(Revfan9 @ Jul 10 2006, 11:25 AM)
IaN:

A basic Lava scene. Your using the adventure tileset I see, and that lava is just far too straight. Perhaps you should try using some diagonals?

Actually it's mostly my own rips and palettes from TMC, except for Radien's lava. TMC Mountains don't have any diagonal tiles, that's why it's straight.

Edited by IaN, 10 July 2006 - 10:15 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users